🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Under Obama's corrupt leadership, even the Secret Service has become dirty

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Top Secret Service official urged release of unflattering information about congressman

Until the election of Obama, the Secret Service was one of the most respected government agencies, for their professionalism and discretion.

Now the Secret Service acts like a bunch of goons, just like the IRS, the National Park Service, state and local police, etc.

Obama has set a bad example with his "do whatever it takes -- the law be damned."

After he leaves, will the next President be able to restore the faith of the American people?

The Congressman was doing his job. The Secret Service retaliated the Chicago way. Don't tell me Obama didn't know about this before it was done. He's used up that excuse.

Tell that to Lincoln or Kennedy...

Theses guys nowadays are the cream of the crop... No one will touch are jackass president or ex ones..

I don't know how you can say that OP?

When Obama came to Clemson their was snipers on the roof everywhere ...

Choices will be made. If the leaker isn't punished, then the SS will be just like all the other agencies who have done wrong during Obama's administration and gotten away with it.

I think that Congress should send a blizzard of subpoenas at every Secret Service agent until the truth is found out.

Secret Service gets down an' dirty to retaliate...

Top Secret Service official urged release of unflattering information about congressman
September 30,`15 - An assistant director of the Secret Service urged that unflattering information the agency had in its files about a congressman critical of the service be made public, according to a government watchdog report released Wednesday.
“Some information that he might find embarrassing needs to get out,” Assistant Director Edward Lowery wrote in an e-mail to a fellow director on March 31, commenting on an internal file that was being widely circulated inside the service. “Just to be fair.” Two days later, a news Web site reported that Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight Committee, had applied to be a Secret Service agent in 2003 and been rejected. That information was part of Chaffetz’s personnel file stored in a restricted Secret Service database and required by law to be kept private.

Federal_Agents_Prostitutes-05737-4199.jpg

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah)

The report by John Roth, inspector general for the Department of Homeland Security, singled out Lowery, in part because of his senior position at the agency. The report also cited Lowery’s e-mail as the one piece of documentary evidence showing the degree of anger inside the agency at Chaffetz and the desire for the information to be public. Lowery had been promoted to the post of assistant director for training just a month earlier as part of an effort that Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy said would reform the agency after a series of high-profile security lapses. Clancy had tapped Lowery to join a slate of new leaders he installed after removing more than two-thirds of the previous senior management team.

During the inspector general’s probe, Lowery denied to investigators that he directed anyone to leak the private information about Chaffetz to the press and said his e-mail was simply a vent for his stress and anger. The Chaffetz file, contained in the restricted database, had been peeked at by about 45 Secret Service agents, some of whom shared it with their colleagues in March and April, the report found. This prying began after a contentious March 24 House hearing at which Chaffetz scolded the director and the agency for its series of security gaffes and misconduct. The hearing sparked anger inside the agency. The inspector general’s inquiry found the Chaffetz information was spread to nearly every layer of the service.

MORE

See also:

Secret Service chief questioned over handling of White House incident
March 24,`15 - Secret Service Director Joseph P. Clancy faced criticism from lawmakers Tuesday about his handling of the allegations that two agents disrupted a bomb investigation on the night of March 4 after driving into a White House security barrier.
Clancy, making his third appearance before a congressional committee in two weeks, acknowledged under intense questions from lawmakers that he did not directly ask his senior managers for details about the incident. Clancy, who had previously said that he did not learn about the allegations until March 9, said Tuesday he had intended to await the findings of an inquiry by the Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general before deciding on possible discipline. “In my mind, I gave this to the IG,” he said. “I was content to wait.”

2015-03-24T150719Z_01_WASC207_RTRIDSP_3_USA-SECRETSERVICE-3546.jpg

Secret Service Director Joseph P. Clancy testifies before a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing examining recent and long-standing problems at the Secret Service.

But Democrats and Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee complained to Clancy that, while he didn’t know what happened, he was standing in their way of finding out. They criticized his decision not to allow key agency supervisors on duty the night of March 4 to come to the hearing to answer questions. Members said the lack of testimony from his supervisors, combined with Clancy’s acknowledgment last week that much of the surveillance video taken on the night of the incident had been recorded over, was making it difficult for Congress to scrutinize the seriousness and security risk of the event.

“This is not just another oversight hearing about just another agency,” said Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.), the ranking Democrat on the committee. “I admire this president greatly. . . . I do not want anything to happen to him under my watch — or under yours.” Committee chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said that Clancy also declined last week to bring the top agent in charge of President Obama’s security detail, Robert Buster, to attend a closed-door briefing on the incident. One of the two agents involved was a top member of the president’s detail. Chaffetz and several members said they also were frustrated that Clancy did not turn over a copy of the limited video footage the Secret Service says it still has from that evening. “By refusing to allow the witnesses we invited to testify — with first-hand knowledge of the incident — Director Clancy is keeping Congress and the American public in the dark,” Chaffetz said. “It is unclear why Director Clancy is choosing at the start of his tenure to be so unhelpful to Congress.”

MORE

The Secret Service has grossly overstepped it's bounds concerning this latest scandal. Congress should make it rain subpoenas.

What this amounts to is a direct attack by an Executive Branch agency on Congress' ability to do it's job as an overseer of executive branch agencies. The Congress must retaliate with full force.

Choices will be made. If the leaker isn't punished, then the SS will be just like all the other agencies who have done wrong during Obama's administration and gotten away with it.

I think that Congress should send a blizzard of subpoenas at every Secret Service agent until the truth is found out.

Nah. I think the S.S. is the best in the world...look at the popes visit...look at Bush Sr. , Clinton, Bush Jr..and Carter

It would be WWIII...boys have to be boys...

They are doing their jobs...

You don't want to fuck with a S.S. agent you will have a sniper with a rifle pointed right at your head...

Until the election of Obama, the Secret Service was one of the most respected government agencies, for their professionalism and discretion.

Now the Secret Service acts like a bunch of goons, just like the IRS, the National Park Service, state and local police, etc.

Obama has set a bad example with his "do whatever it takes -- the law be damned."

After he leaves, will the next President be able to restore the faith of the American people?

You know, you're absolutely right. The men and women of the Secret Service selflessly serve, across Presidential terms, without regard to political affiliation of office holders. It is a once proud department. And now Obama, with his mere presence, has polluted this agency with the vibes he gives off! Once honorable career men have been infected with Obama's vibes just Obama being President. It's a travesty!

That so-called Congressman is a NaziCon scumbag pig.
wow, if Jason is this, imagine what bill clinton is

A great American Patriot.
where do get off on this generalization on Jason. The just kicked fg's for byu in college.
He tries to keep atv trails open in Utah so we have the pleasure with family and friends to enjoy atv riding
I don't know what planet your from

She's from an indian res far,far away.........

where do get off on this generalization on Jason. The just kicked fg's for byu in college.
He tries to keep atv trails open in Utah so we have the pleasure with family and friends to enjoy atv riding

Jason Chaffetz is shit. I saw how he treated Cecile Richards yesterday as the GOP Taliban rudely interrupted her for 5 hours. Wow, what a woman! Her mother, Texas Governor Ann Richards, was also a great woman.

Jason Chaffetz is shit. I saw how he treated Cecile Richards yesterday as the GOP Taliban rudely interrupted her for 5 hours. Wow, what a woman! Her mother, Texas Governor Ann Richards, was also a great woman.

so if we're graded on how we treat other people, where does that leave you?

I see, so once again you see Obama as being an innocent bystander when Secret Service agents working for him resort to illegal and corrupt blackmail of a Congressman doing his job to oversee the Secret Service.

Ann Richards mocked George H.W. Bush for having been born with a "silver spoon in his mouth"

At that moment, she outed herself as a nasty bitch who would do anything to get ahead.

Forum List

Back