Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

How do you figure? Union officials may get a pension after they retire, but that's nothing compared to the massive amount of stocks and other perks handed to CEOs on their way out the door.

Stocks and perks ARE EARNED.
Big difference. Something about making a profit.
Ya know? Capitalism.
Take a look in your pocket.

Nonsense, Gadawag, absolutely nonsense.

So when I offer my employees stock and an extra week of vacation as compensation for a job well done you claim that is "absolute nonsense"?
And when one retires they will have accumulated stock over the years that FOR TAX REASONS they have to wait for me to turn it over to them WHEN THEY WALK OUT THE DOOR.
WELL DUH!
You have no clue about the real world. I live in it.
Please join us. You may learn something. Turn the TV OFF!

I've been to the South. It's a third world country compared to the NOrth...

You're getting our refuse, the kind of inbred moron who flies a Confederate Flag over his house and doesn't see anything wrong with it.

We are also getting all your rich people and companies fleeing high taxes and regulations.

So are ratholes that harvest their own people for transplant organs..

So it's not exactly a good thing, is it?

I do not fly Confederate flags and believe it is divisive but taking down a flag solves what?

The 3rd world country Joe is the north now. Old everything, worn out roads.
And as evidenced by your posts, depressing folks.
Most everything down here is new: new roads, new construction, massive new sky scrapers in Atlanta and beautiful country.
And the women are not FUGLY down here.
Inside joke amongst the athletes is the reason Atlanta has won only 2 pro championships (well actually one as the first was in pro soccer in the 60s and that really doesn't count) is there is so many fine women here that the jocks can not keep their eye on the ball!
My beauriful bride of 36 years is from Cleveland Ohio. They revitalized that city but in the 70s and early 80s is was the rathole. Damn river caught on fire there it was so polluted.

Maybe the employee could be free to bargain their own deal with management?
or do NYS teachers have to stay indentured to the union?

Clearly a majority of New York teachers feel the union better represents them than whatever they could try to bargain for, or they wouldn't have formed a union in the first place.

Just like the mob
protection money
:eusa_angel:

Not at all. Why should you get to get to mooch off of other people's work?

The whole concept behind unions is sanctioned mooching off half of the membership's labor. A union member gets paid what the median worker is worth. Any exceptional worker gets screwed and the lazy assholes are rewarded. Kind of like taxpayers vs welfare recipients, huh?

That arguments makes a lot of wildly inaccurate assumptions about the relative productivity of various workers. Frankly, most people's skill sets aren't that special.

Since you edited your post after my reply, that only works if you think collective bargaining is the only thing unions do.

They do also contribute to Democrat election campaigns... regardless of the wishes of their membershit.

Yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Which one of the several typos in that post was on purpose?

And, in fact, they can't run political ads unless members give permission for their funds to be used in that way.

We are also getting all your rich people and companies fleeing high taxes and regulations.

I do not fly Confederate flags and believe it is divisive but taking down a flag solves what?

Most everything down here is new: new roads, new construction, massive new sky scrapers in Atlanta and beautiful country.
Inside joke amongst the athletes is the reason Atlanta has won only 2 pro championships (well actually one as the first was in pro soccer in the 60s and that really doesn't count) is there is so many fine women here that the jocks can not keep their eye on the ball!
My beauriful bride of 36 years is from Cleveland Ohio. They revitalized that city but in the 70s and early 80s is was the rathole. Damn river caught on fire there it was so polluted.

The only reason rivers aren't catching on fire in the south today is the lack of heavy industry. It's certainly not because of regulatory protections.

Clearly a majority of New York teachers feel the union better represents them than whatever they could try to bargain for, or they wouldn't have formed a union in the first place.

Funny, my cousin was a NY teacher for 30 years and she will tell you quite the opposite.
They will not fire anyone.
FYI, there is a building in downtown NY that are for the worst offenders. These "probation" teachers sit there and watch TV all day.
Union will not allow them to be fired. Some there as long as 3-4 years, many with salaries of 100K.
We fire bad teachers here. No union. Hooray for the taxpayers!

The only reason rivers aren't catching on fire in the south today is the lack of heavy industry. It's certainly not because of regulatory protections.

News flash Moe: Heavy industry left America a long time ago.
Guess why?

Most all the new auto plants in America would BE IN THE SOUTH.
If that is not heavy industry what is?

Funny, my cousin was a NY teacher for 30 years and she will tell you quite the opposite.
They will not fire anyone.
FYI, there is a building in downtown NY that are for the worst offenders. These "probation" teachers sit there and watch TV all day.
Union will not allow them to be fired. Some there as long as 3-4 years, many with salaries of 100K.
We fire bad teachers here. No union. Hooray for the taxpayers!

Well, I'm glad your cousin is 50%+1 of NY teachers. O wait...

News flash Moe: Heavy industry left America a long time ago.
Guess why?

Because it turns out to be cheaper to pay Chinese people 50 cents an hour to make steel and then ship it across the Pacific.

Most all the new auto plants in America would BE IN THE SOUTH.
If that is not heavy industry what is?

Because labor unions are illegal in most southern states. Although, interesting, that hasn't done much to control their labor costs.

Ya know? Capitalism.

So when I offer my employees stock and an extra week of vacation as compensation for a job well done you claim that is "absolute nonsense"?
And when one retires they will have accumulated stock over the years that FOR TAX REASONS they have to wait for me to turn it over to them WHEN THEY WALK OUT THE DOOR.
WELL DUH!
You have no clue about the real world. I live in it.
Please join us. You may learn something. Turn the TV OFF!

Gadawag, quit being a tool. You are skewing the discussion with nonsensical material.

Reply to the OP by showing how your comment relates. You have made no contribution to the discussion at all.

I've been to the South. It's a third world country compared to the NOrth...

You're getting our refuse, the kind of inbred moron who flies a Confederate Flag over his house and doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I am not from the south. I live here. I have not seen what are talking about.
Third world country?.
Your refuse? HUH?....
You are one ridiculous individual.
Ya know what, all that anger and hate is going to eat up your insides.
You simply make up stuff and let it fly. I think you are incapable of rational thought.

How do you figure? Union officials may get a pension after they retire, but that's nothing compared to the massive amount of stocks and other perks handed to CEOs on their way out the door.

Ya know? Capitalism.

Nope....100% TRUE...

Who would not want an organization which provides them with far above market wages and gold plated benefits?

Gee, guy, for someone who does the dirty work of millionaires screwing working folks, you don't impress.

Frankly, most of the jobs I've lost, it's because some rich asshole made horrid decisions and the job and usually the whole company disappears...

Just saying, for all you guys who think that we just need to totally trust their judgement.

What did you do, go to work for a poor asshole? If the poor asshole had made good decisions, he wouldn't be poor. NOTE: I use 'asshole' since that seems to be a name you use and understand

Quite the contrary, most of the companies I've worked for that went under, it was some punk kid who inherited the company from Mommy and Daddy, and they proceeded to show their complete inability to run anything by running it into the ground.

best argument for an inheritence tax, ever.

You bet. Instead of allowing parents to give money to their idiot kids, force them to give it to their idiot politicians.

Really? When is the last time they held a vote?

Not at all. Why should you get to get to mooch off of other people's work?

The whole concept behind unions is sanctioned mooching off half of the membership's labor. A union member gets paid what the median worker is worth. Any exceptional worker gets screwed and the lazy assholes are rewarded. Kind of like taxpayers vs welfare recipients, huh?

That arguments makes a lot of wildly inaccurate assumptions about the relative productivity of various workers. Frankly, most people's skill sets aren't that special.

You have to believe that in order for you to rationalize your need for a union.
That does not make your belief true.

Forum List

Back