Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

People aren't forced to join unions in any state.

"Right to work" is a de facto ban on unions because it allows non-union members to mooch off of any work the union does. If you can get all the benefits of union membership without paying dues, why would you join a union in the first place?

What about teachers union in NY?

Teachers in New York are not required to join the union. They are required under state laws and regulations to pay a fee to the union equal to amount the union spend on their behalf during collective bargaining negotiations (since they are paid under the contract that is bargained).
In right to work states, it is illegal to require union membership AND illegal to require payment to a union. Of any kind.

If we're going the pizza parlor and the government passes a law saying you get to eat as much of my pizza as you want, even if you didn't contribute anything toward it, why would you ever buy a pizza? Why would I ever buy a pizza, knowing you'd just take all of it?

"Right to work" is a de facto ban on unions because it allows non-union members to mooch off of any work the union does. If you can get all the benefits of union membership without paying dues, why would you join a union in the first place?

Teachers in New York are not required to join the union. They are required under state laws and regulations to pay a fee to the union equal to amount the union spend on their behalf during collective bargaining negotiations (since they are paid under the contract that is bargained).

Just like the mob
protection money
:eusa_angel:

so de facto- they are forced to join

In right to work states, it is illegal to require union membership AND illegal to require payment to a union. Of any kind.

It's already illegal to require union membership in all 50 states. And yes, it is illegal to require payment to unions in "right to work" states, which is a difference. Because the result is you get to mooch off of the union's work without contributing anything yourself.

Just like the mob
protection money

Not at all. Why should you get to get to mooch off of other people's work?

Just like the mob
protection money

When has that ever stopped anybody on the left?

What if they don't like the work they are doing?

Since you edited your post after my reply, that only works if you think collective bargaining is the only thing unions do.

Maybe the employee could be free to bargain their own deal with management?
or do NYS teachers have to stay indentured to the union?

Where are unions banned?

If you mean "right to work" states-
then what you are against people not being forced to join something

Even in a lot of those states- public employee unions are alive and well

"Mooch"? That presupposes the notion that one group has something another group wants and looks to get it free of charge. Thing is, no one wants what unions offer. So it's not "mooching"..
Look, the story comes to and for unions pretty soon. Currently about 8% of the total US workforce is union. That number continues to drop. Even public worker unions are taking it in the shorts.
Unions have outlived their usefulness. Unions are expensive. Their work rules restrictive. Their methods archaic.
One thing pro union people forget or may not know. Unions are businesses. And ALL business operate in their own self interest.

Just like the mob
protection money

The whole concept behind unions is sanctioned mooching off half of the membership's labor. A union member gets paid what the median worker is worth. Any exceptional worker gets screwed and the lazy assholes are rewarded. Kind of like taxpayers vs welfare recipients, huh?

Since you edited your post after my reply, that only works if you think collective bargaining is the only thing unions do.

They do also contribute to Democrat election campaigns... regardless of the wishes of their membershit.

Yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Ole Joe talks a mean game of ass kicking when someone crosses some line but when the job crosses that line how come he does not follow it and kick the ass of the next guy that has it?

Gee, guy, for someone who does the dirty work of millionaires screwing working folks, you don't impress.

Frankly, most of the jobs I've lost, it's because some rich asshole made horrid decisions and the job and usually the whole company disappears...

Just saying, for all you guys who think that we just need to totally trust their judgement.

What did you do, go to work for a poor asshole? If the poor asshole had made good decisions, he wouldn't be poor. NOTE: I use 'asshole' since that seems to be a name you use and understand

Quite the contrary, most of the companies I've worked for that went under, it was some punk kid who inherited the company from Mommy and Daddy, and they proceeded to show their complete inability to run anything by running it into the ground.

best argument for an inheritence tax, ever.

Face it folks. Unions are in the pits because finally the workers have awaken and figured out that hey!, I am smart enough to negotiate my wages on MY OWN. Why pay a fat cat thug a commission?
And they are coming south by the bus loads.
Welcome, they do good work and are happy with life down here.
And the women are not FUGLY.

I've been to the South. It's a third world country compared to the NOrth...

You're getting our refuse, the kind of inbred moron who flies a Confederate Flag over his house and doesn't see anything wrong with it.

One thing left off here (same with CEO's) - is their salary is a small part of the total package.
Like CEO's it is not uncommon to receive full compensation for the rest of their lives after leaving office in as little as 10 years.

How do you figure? Union officials may get a pension after they retire, but that's nothing compared to the massive amount of stocks and other perks handed to CEOs on their way out the door.

Stocks and perks ARE EARNED.
Big difference. Something about making a profit.
Ya know? Capitalism.
Take a look in your pocket.

Nonsense, Gadawag, absolutely nonsense.

Face it folks. Unions are in the pits because finally the workers have awaken and figured out that hey!, I am smart enough to negotiate my wages on MY OWN. Why pay a fat cat thug a commission?

You're getting our refuse, the kind of inbred moron who flies a Confederate Flag over his house and doesn't see anything wrong with it.

We are also getting all your rich people and companies fleeing high taxes and regulations.

We are also getting all your rich people and companies fleeing high taxes and regulations.

So are ratholes that harvest their own people for transplant organs..

So it's not exactly a good thing, is it?

So are ratholes that harvest their own people for transplant organs..

So it's not exactly a good thing, is it?

No, those people are going to big cities like Chicago.

hyperbole much?

Forum List

Back