Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

Ole Joe talks a mean game of ass kicking when someone crosses some line but when the job crosses that line how come he does not follow it and kick the ass of the next guy that has it?

Gee, guy, for someone who does the dirty work of millionaires screwing working folks, you don't impress.

Frankly, most of the jobs I've lost, it's because some rich asshole made horrid decisions and the job and usually the whole company disappears...

Just saying, for all you guys who think that we just need to totally trust their judgement.

What did you do, go to work for a poor asshole? If the poor asshole had made good decisions, he wouldn't be poor. NOTE: I use 'asshole' since that seems to be a name you use and understand

Aw, give ole Joey a break.
He is eat up with envy, jealousy and anger.
My toy collection is bigger than his, much bigger and he resents it.

:eusa_whistle:

yes the 1%

Michael J. Sullivan, general president of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association
Salary: $1,043,023

Robert A. Scardelletti, international president of the Transportation Communications Union
Salary: $748,531

Newton B. Jones, president of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
Salary: $607,022

Terence M. O’Sullivan, general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America
Salary: $589,124

John T. Niccollai, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 464A
Salary: $532,752

Gerald McEntee, international president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
Salary: $512,369

A couple observations here. 1. The highest pay you quote is less than 1/2 of the average pay of any partner level attorney at any law firm I have as a client. It is also probably 1/50 or even less than the top CEO's.
2. I'm surprised the Teamsters, UAW, Longshorement and AFL-CIO aren't on your list.

One thing left off here (same with CEO's) - is their salary is a small part of the total package.
Like CEO's it is not uncommon to receive full compensation for the rest of their lives after leaving office in as little as 10 years.

How do you figure? Union officials may get a pension after they retire, but that's nothing compared to the massive amount of stocks and other perks handed to CEOs on their way out the door.

yes the 1%

Michael J. Sullivan, general president of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association

Robert A. Scardelletti, international president of the Transportation Communications Union

Terence M. O’Sullivan, general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America

John T. Niccollai, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 464A

Gerald McEntee, international president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees

A couple observations here. 1. The highest pay you quote is less than 1/2 of the average pay of any partner level attorney at any law firm I have as a client. It is also probably 1/50 or even less than the top CEO's.
2. I'm surprised the Teamsters, UAW, Longshorement and AFL-CIO aren't on your list.

Who says extortion doesn't pay?

One thing left off here (same with CEO's) - is their salary is a small part of the total package.
Like CEO's it is not uncommon to receive full compensation for the rest of their lives after leaving office in as little as 10 years.

How do you figure? Union officials may get a pension after they retire, but that's nothing compared to the massive amount of stocks and other perks handed to CEOs on their way out the door.

Stocks and perks ARE EARNED.
Big difference. Something about making a profit.
Ya know? Capitalism.
Take a look in your pocket.

yes the 1%

Your point?

Ya know? Capitalism.

The salaries of union officials are earned. Or do you think they sit around playing bowling on the Wii all day?

Ya know? Capitalism.

The salaries of union officials are earned. Or do you think they sit around playing bowling on the Wii all day?

Where did I say they weren't earned?
You are the one that claimed CEO's are "handed" their compensation.
All I did was point out how wrong you are.
They earn their stocks and perks.
Ever heard of stockholders and Board of Directors?
Who do the union bosses report to? The rank and file? In a union shop state THEY GET NO SAY. They have to go along with the flow.

Face it folks. Unions are in the pits because finally the workers have awaken and figured out that hey!, I am smart enough to negotiate my wages on MY OWN. Why pay a fat cat thug a commission?
And they are coming south by the bus loads.
Welcome, they do good work and are happy with life down here.
And the women are not FUGLY.

yes the 1%

Your point?

I don't like the Teamsters.

Ya know? Capitalism.

Where did I say they weren't earned?
You are the one that claimed CEO's are "handed" their compensation.
All I did was point out how wrong you are.
They earn their stocks and perks.
Ever heard of stockholders and Board of Directors?
Who do the union bosses report to? The rank and file? In a union shop state THEY GET NO SAY. They have to go along with the flow.

Well, that's the implied premise when you say CEO stock options are "EARNED". It implies what it is being compared to wasn't earned. "Handed" in the context I used it (as in "handed on the way out") than the way you're trying to use it there. However, I will at this point move to dispute the claim that CEO "earn" their compensation. CEOs of American firms are paid vastly more than their European and Japanese counterparts, but American firms aren't any more productive or better managed because of it. CEOs are paid that much because compensation is voted on by board of directors, which are typical the CEOs of other firms. They, as a collective, have a vested interest in keeping their salaries high. Individual stockholders don't have much power to influence this, as most shares are owned by institutional investors.

Face it folks. Unions are in the pits because finally the workers have awaken and figured out that hey!, I am smart enough to negotiate my wages on MY OWN. Why pay a fat cat thug a commission?

No, unions are "in the pits" because most states have effectively banned unions.

Where are unions banned?

If you mean "right to work" states-
then what you are against people not being forced to join something

Even in a lot of those states- public employee unions are alive and well

Where are unions banned?

People aren't forced to join unions in any state.

"Right to work" is a de facto ban on unions because it allows non-union members to mooch off of any work the union does. If you can get all the benefits of union membership without paying dues, why would you join a union in the first place?

Ya know? Capitalism.

Bowling, and Wii would be an improvement over what little work my Union President does.

Where are unions banned?

"Right to work" is a de facto ban on unions because it allows non-union members to mooch off of any work the union does. If you can get all the benefits of union membership without paying dues, why would you join a union in the first place?

What about teachers union in NY?

Where are unions banned?

What about teachers union in NY?

Teachers in New York are not required to join the union. They are required under state laws and regulations to pay a fee to the union equal to amount the union spend on their behalf during collective bargaining negotiations (since they are paid under the contract that is bargained).

No, unions are "in the pits" because most states have effectively banned unions.

Not banned. Just created laws that prohibit the requirement in a labor organization as a prerequisite for employment.
In all 50 states, workers are free to join a union. In 22 of them, it simply is not required.
OOPS..23..Indiana just went right to work..Oh well.

Not banned. Just created laws that prohibit the requirement in a labor organization as a prerequisite for employment.
In all 50 states, workers are free to join a union. In 22 of them, it simply is not required.
OOPS..23..Indiana just went right to work..Oh well.

Worker aren't required to join a union in any state. "Right to work" states are about allowing people to mooch off the work of others.

Forum List

Back