Unions Will Demand Back Pay if Government Shuts Down

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
NOW THIS is what you can call, EXTROTION... just AMAZING and you peons who pays their salary, screw you all and BEND OVER...government workers in UNIONS ARE SPECIAL people...
links in article at site

SNIP;

by Tony Lee 30 Sep 2013, 7:44 AM PDT 1034 post a comment

If the federal government partially shuts down on Tuesday, federal worker unions are set to protest and demand back pay for government workers. Government unions may even consider lawsuits to get back pay for furloughed federal employees.

If Congress cannot agree to a short-term resolution to fund the government by Monday, parts of the federal government will shut down on Tuesday.

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said he believes government employees should get back pay and, since many may be living "paycheck to paycheck," he asserted, “We as a Congress need to be more sensitive to their needs.” yeah for sure, but fxxk the rest of you people who have been suffering under this administration with five years of 7 to 8 % UNEMPLOYMENT...

Union officials estimate roughly 800,000 workers will be furloughed as "non-essential" employees in the event of a government shutdown and will demand retroactive pay because the furloughs would "add insult to injury for workers who have been living under a pay freeze for three years."

“We are trying to maintain pressure on this White House that in the event of a government shutdown, that any negotiated settlement includes an agreement that all federal employees — essential and non-essential alike — get paid when the government reopens,” Matt Biggs, legislative director for the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers (IFPTE), told The Hill.

IFPTE is not the only union that will be aggressively demanding back pay.

all of it here

Last edited:
NOW THIS is what you can call, EXTROTION... just AMAZING and you peons who pays their salary, screw you all and BEND OVER...government workers in UNIONS ARE SPECIAL people...
links in article at site

SNIP;

If the federal government partially shuts down on Tuesday, federal worker unions are set to protest and demand back pay for government workers. Government unions may even consider lawsuits to get back pay for furloughed federal employees.

If Congress cannot agree to a short-term resolution to fund the government by Monday, parts of the federal government will shut down on Tuesday.

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said he believes government employees should get back pay and, since many may be living "paycheck to paycheck," he asserted, “We as a Congress need to be more sensitive to their needs.” yeah for sure, but fxxk the rest of you people who have been suffering under this administration with five years of 7 to 8 % UNEMPLOYMENT...

Union officials estimate roughly 800,000 workers will be furloughed as "non-essential" employees in the event of a government shutdown and will demand retroactive pay because the furloughs would "add insult to injury for workers who have been living under a pay freeze for three years."

“We are trying to maintain pressure on this White House that in the event of a government shutdown, that any negotiated settlement includes an agreement that all federal employees — essential and non-essential alike — get paid when the government reopens,” Matt Biggs, legislative director for the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers (IFPTE), told The Hill.

all of it here

Why not? Your republican buddies in congress keep their pay.

If anything demonstrates why having Public Employee Unions is damaging to our country, this does.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
links in article at site

SNIP;

all of it here

What? You wouldn't want back pay?

Government unions may even consider lawsuits to get back pay for furloughed federal employees.

Not meaning that they are. Why is it ok for cop and firemen to have unions and never get busted, but all other unions are bad?

Good. It's not their fault that congress is too incompetent to pay their employees. If my boss told me tomorrow that I don't have a job for an indeterminate amount of time because they're conflicted about a personal issue then I'd MOST DEFINITELY start sending out resume's and tell them they can fuck off.

fed and others govt. employees already had to loose income over the sequester, why don't we cut the Congressional fat from the pigs?

Good. It's not their fault that congress is too incompetent to pay their employees. If my boss told me tomorrow that I don't have a job for an indeterminate amount of time because they're conflicted about a personal issue then I'd MOST DEFINITELY start sending out resume's and tell them they can fuck off.

When I worked for Wal-Mart warehouse in 1986, old Sam Walton made us sign and anti-union statement to get a job. he told us that if we signed this he would guarantee that he would work us 40 hours a week. Well after the busy season things got slow. Sam ask us if we would take a voluntary layoff. I started walking toward the time clock and they ask me where I was going, I told them I was clocking out and going to get a better job. Of which they replied, You'll never work for Wal-Mart again, I told them that is what I wanted.

Forum List

Back