United Methodist "church" I went by recently had rainbow Welcome sign.. so true Christians.. probably NOT

Actually that was about rape.

Rape has nothing to do with being LGBT.

Actually, you are wrong here. The Gay Community calls it "rough trade" , and there are many members of the community that go for it. Its always been an established part of LGBTQ+ experience.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him off the bridge.

-- Emo Philips
Beautiful.

yeh... when the Catholic Church experienced some division, at least they all agreed on the big issues... morals

mmmm. Morals and the Catholic church aren't usually uttered in the same breath anymore. Or ever to be honest. Catholics don't, but, history looks at the Catholic Church harshly.
Nevertheless, you are correct about the worldly nature of a good many churches and their embracing anti-christian behavior. Which is why I recomended doing your homework, and then you pick the church instead of it wooing you. Or find a good study group that studies the Bible instead of interpreting it.

And rightnow, give Christ His judgement Robe back and sweep your own vestibule...

Yeh, this "church" had the rainbow sign signifying gays are welcome

which of course makes true Christians feel entirely UNWELCOME

or not AS welcome

so why do these so called "churches" do this?

beats me... looks like it would be bad for business if nothing else..

what... about 4% of the population is gay or bi?

sheez...

This is the hallmark of a fallen "Protestant" "church"--the inclusion flag is much more prominent than the Cross. They are not subtle; they are clear what they idolize.

No thank you.

The UMC has been putting off their division for a long time, citing Covid. They have done it again now. But the split is coming. The true churches must split from those who seek to worship sex. That's it.

Our evangelical pastor says all are welcome in the house of God. Been preaching it for years.

That is just like, your opinion, man.

Studies found more people accept those who are LGBT.

And there is new movie coming out saying the bible was never meant to have the word "homosexual"

Religions like United Methodist, the UCC and the Radical Episcopalianists who embrace a policy of promoting gaiety have been in steep decline for many years. Those religions which have traditional morality and insist the Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Adam and Steve) into the Garden have been doing much better.

The LGBTQ Community doesn't need the permission of any religious hierarchy to continue with their sexual practices. That's where the groups like the UMC are failing. Why should a drag queen pay a tithe to them for their acceptance? And of course, pro-family people aren't going to do so either.

Yeh, this "church" had the rainbow sign signifying gays are welcome

which of course makes true Christians feel entirely UNWELCOME

or not AS welcome

so why do these so called "churches" do this?

beats me... looks like it would be bad for business if nothing else..

what... about 4% of the population is gay or bi?

sheez...
The Methodists think God changed His mind on gay marriage in 2012, when 0bama and Hillary did.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him off the bridge.

-- Emo Philips
This is why the Roman Catholic Church is the way to go. The original Christian Church. Founded by Jesus. One message. Unwavering. Perfect.

This is why the Roman Catholic Church is the way to go. The original Christian Church. Founded by Jesus. One message. Unwavering. Perfect.

c bible - the state religion of the roman empire.

that book has very little to do with the 1st century events, liberation theology, self determination the spoken religion of antiquity those that did were crucified for - by the prevailing religion / roman empire ... alliance.

Religions like United Methodist, the UCC and the Radical Episcopalianists who embrace a policy of promoting gaiety have been in steep decline for many years. Those religions which have traditional morality and insist the Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Adam and Steve) into the Garden have been doing much better.

The LGBTQ Community doesn't need the permission of any religious hierarchy to continue with their sexual practices. That's where the groups like the UMC are failing. Why should a drag queen pay a tithe to them for their acceptance? And of course, pro-family people aren't going to do so either.

Well Jesus hung out with about 12 men, that is a little sus in my book

Actually it was inhospitality.

Also.

republican_jesus.jpg

yes, those dimrats, they surely care about the homeless and the needy, don't they?

did you hear the story of how one person was cut off Disability for being a conservative?

and strangely (but not strangely to conservatives) this happend AFTER the dims took over the White House... the stolen White House...

they are so full of "compassion" ya know.....

actually, they do have compassion,

for themselves..

Also Jesus may have been Middle Eastern or Black and not white like how many artists have drawn him as.
ha ha... how comical... Rs dont believe in science.. but dims don't believe in

the beginning being the beginning (which is Science 101)

meaning, they think human life suddenly happens when a child is born into the world. Before that time of birth, it is just a glob of cells, not even human, much less worth protection

so scientific...

please

Forum List

Back