United States charges tariffs that are slightly higher, on average, than Canada’s

since when has Trump told the truth ?

Canadian farmers received an average price of C$0.79 a litre for milk, compared with C$0.49 on average for US farmers.

The result is that dairying remains a key economic support of traditional rural life throughout central Canada. As critics of the system like to point out, hoping to inspire resentment among consumers annoyed by the price of milk, Canadian dairy farmers enjoy incomes 60% above average in the country. But to supporters, the uniquely prosperous, protected Canadian dairy industry stands as a model alternative to the increasingly disruptive and unpopular dynamic of unrestricted free trade in all things.

Why Canadian milk infuriates Donald Trump
He said he would win the election.........100% true

^
Links are useful, so we can tell wtf you're talking about.

These figures make a bit of a mockery of The Donald - as what does not?

Tariff rate

Trade-weighted average applied tariff rate (%)

Enabling Trade rankings
France and Germany at 1.0
The US at 1.4
Canada at 2.8

Here you go:

Infographics

WA054-GETR-Shareables-20161129-5.png
I posted a link to the map and detailed numbers.

WTO | International trade and tariff data

USA: MNF Tarrif: 3.48
Canada: MNF Tarrif: 4.08
Mexico: MNF Tarrif: 7.01
China: MNF Tarrif: 9.92

^

Tariff rate

Enabling Trade rankings
The US at 1.4
Canada at 2.8

Here you go:

Infographics

So you did, yes. Whatever the numbers are, does anyone think those numbers ought to be unequal? What's fair about one country having to pay more than 3 times as much on average as everyone else?

What's fair about one country having to pay more than 3 times as much on average as everyone else?
What? How do you arrive at that?

My chart on the previous page shows an average US tariff on imports is 1.4% but the average tariff placed by other countries on US exports is 4.9%. That's more than 3 times as much. Do you think that is fair, why are we paying a higher rate on duties going out as we do on duties coming in? Shouldn't we be doing something about that?

That's more than 3 times as much.
Do you think that is fair, why are we paying a higher rate on duties going out as we do on duties coming in? Shouldn't we be doing something about that?
Like removing yourselves from the TPP?

Yes, you should be making more trade deals. I'm not sure what countries would consider entering one with you these days.

But in any case you're not paying three times as much as everyone else unless you discount all the other countries on the same page. It's not even a double difference compared to those countries.

Last edited:
^

Tariff rate

Enabling Trade rankings
The US at 1.4
Canada at 2.8

Here you go:

Infographics

So you did, yes. Whatever the numbers are, does anyone think those numbers ought to be unequal? What's fair about one country having to pay more than 3 times as much on average as everyone else?
Nothing is fair about it. Just providing supporting evidence. I think we are on the same side on this issue.

Forum List

Back