Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

I'm not seeing any Canadians begging to have our system...

A lot of Canadians come here to America for medical treatment. Canadian Alex Trebec is quite ill now with pancreatic cancer- but he's being treated here in America. Much better treatment.

Sure its more expensive, but quality always costs more. Bentleys are more expensive than Yugos.

Yes, they do...BUT - do any want to TRADE their system for ours?

The problem with our system as it is is this - if you don't have insurance or the means to privately pay (or you aren't so poor as to qualify for Medicaid) you are fucked.
Not that many come here that's b*******. Alex trebek lives here. I

A lot of Canadians come here to America for medical treatment. Canadian Alex Trebec is quite ill now with pancreatic cancer- but he's being treated here in America. Much better treatment.

Sure its more expensive, but quality always costs more. Bentleys are more expensive than Yugos.

The problem with our system as it is is this - if you don't have insurance or the means to privately pay (or you aren't so poor as to qualify for Medicaid) you are fucked.
75% of those on the exchanges pay less than $100 a month with Obamacare. One hell of a lot better.
live near Buffalo and there are no Canadians in the hospital, it is only the extremely rich and probably right wing.

Mick Jagger is a liberal British subject who needed heart surgery. He came here to America, instead of having it for free with the NHS.

People like quality
Really really rich people like a lot of privacy. That's what they paid for as much as anything. Screw the pompous rich anyway.

75% of those on the exchanges pay less than $100 a month with Obamacare. One hell of a lot better.
live near Buffalo and there are no Canadians in the hospital, it is only the extremely rich and probably right wing.

Mick Jagger is a liberal British subject who needed heart surgery. He came here to America, instead of having it for free with the NHS.

People like quality
Really really rich people like a lot of privacy. That's what they paid for as much as anything. Screw the pompous rich anyway.

Sure, Mr. Jagger is fairly wealthy, a net worth of $360 Million or so.

To save that kind of scratch, he doesn't waste money.

Even though it may be expensive to have heart surgery in America, its still a value purchase.
There will always be private hospitals for people like that.

People like quality

People like quality

Even though it may be expensive to have heart surgery in America, its still a value purchase.
Especially here. By the way he should be taxed more.

People like quality

People like quality

Why would you say that? He doesn't even use the UK health system, saving the other taxpayers money.

Democrats not only want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America, they want Americans to compete with foreign nationals for the services they pay for.

Raise your hand if you want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America...
gettyimages-1152455278.jpg

It was Ronald Reagan who signed the law requiring hospitals to provide ER care for free for anyone with no money or insurance. I have been correcting the RWers on this issue for years, but most of you have a very short attention span.

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

"Private insurance" is dying, because most of it is group health insurance paid in part by employers, which makes them uncompetitive with foreign companies who are not saddled by that burden. Consequently, employer paid group health insurance will be dead within 15 years. Almost no small companies provide that benefit any more.

Democrats not only want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America, they want Americans to compete with foreign nationals for the services they pay for.

Raise your hand if you want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America...

It was Ronald Reagan who signed the law requiring hospitals to provide ER care for free for anyone with no money or insurance. I have been correcting the RWers on this issue for years, but most of you have a very short attention span.

And that was a good thing...imo

2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

"Private insurance" is dying, because most of it is group health insurance paid in part by employers, which makes them uncompetitive with foreign companies who are not saddled by that burden. Consequently, employer paid group health insurance will be dead within 15 years. Almost no small companies provide that benefit any more.

Actually, what a lot of outfits do is "Self insured" insurance.

A large business with a lot of employees will hire Blue Cross or Aetna or some other health insurance company for claims processing only. The employees carry "Aetna" cards, but when Aetna pays a claim, they just send a bill to the business to cover the healthcare paid.

People like quality

And that's great. When you are wealthy and can afford choices.

But for those that CAN'T - at least they get something.

If you feel it's a problem now, you're in for a truly fun time.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Ummm, You do know your article only reinforces the data that shows Medicare for All would be cheaper than our current system.

You did read your own link, right?
Cheaper for whom? Not for me. My insurance is very good and very affordable. Get out of this thread with your noise pollution.

My insurance is included in my taxes. I pay NOTHING out of pocket, except an annual copay of $100 for drugs. If I'm poor, I can even apply to have that waived.

Yep, life is wonderful in Canada...dumbass.
'Free' Health Care in Canada Costs More Than It's Worth

You obviously haven't looked with your eyes open.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

Actually, what a lot of outfits do is "Self insured" insurance.

A large business with a lot of employees will hire Blue Cross or Aetna or some other health insurance company for claims processing only. The employees carry "Aetna" cards, but when Aetna pays a claim, they just send a bill to the business to cover the healthcare paid.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I was the underwriter for 5 major companies that self insured, including Disney, the last 10 years of my career, and they only saved themselves from paying the state insurance premium tax of 2 1/2% of total claims paid by going that route.

Ummm, You do know your article only reinforces the data that shows Medicare for All would be cheaper than our current system.

You did read your own link, right?
Cheaper for whom? Not for me. My insurance is very good and very affordable. Get out of this thread with your noise pollution.

My insurance is included in my taxes. I pay NOTHING out of pocket, except an annual copay of $100 for drugs. If I'm poor, I can even apply to have that waived.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

I obviously have.

Are any of them saying they want to trade their system for ours?

People like quality

They can afford choices and choose the best. You want second rate medical care I'm sure there are a number of foreign countries that would be glad to take your money...dumbass.

I obviously have.

Are any of them saying they want to trade their system for ours?

Only the thousands that come here for medical care.

People like quality

People like quality

I've never encountered a socialist scumbag who didn't believe others should be taxed more.

And that was a good thing...imo
Hate always"trumps" reason for leftards. Consider their furor over the removal of American troops from Syria.

In-freaking-sane.

People like quality

People like quality

Why would you say that? He doesn't even use the UK health system, saving the other taxpayers money.
Because the rich are not taxed enough here. And I believe in the UK. Not so much of course as here in GOP give away to the rich America of the bologna party.....

People like quality

They can afford choices and choose the best. You want second rate medical care I'm sure there are a number of foreign countries that would be glad to take your money...dumbass.
Funny how people live longer in all the other rich countries. Anything for the greedy idiot rich I guess. LOL

I find it amusing how people insist that our doctors can not make a living under universal care in America, because the government does not pay them in accordance with their high education costs. First of all, this ignores the success of Medicare. I live in a retirement community of 31,000 people, all of whom are retired,and over 55, yet, I can get in to see my doctor within a week, and we have our own private hospital which takes Medicare patients.. Secondly, most of us go to Mexico for dental work at less than 33% of the cost by American dentists, yet the Mexican dentists are almost all educated in the US.

Forum List

Back