University of Minnesota hosts 12-step recovery program for whiteness

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Tired of being a white person? Does your own whiteness sickatate you? Would you like to hang out on the basketball court, without the annoying butt-kicking by the local Brothers?

Well worry no more! Now there's help for you, in our new 12 easy step method!

"The University of Minnesota’s School of Social Work hosted a virtual lecture recently that aimed to teach white people about their white supremacy and how to counteract it by using a “12 step” program mirrored after the one used by people in Alcoholics Anonymous.

The two-hour “Recovery from White Conditioning” lecture, hosted through the school’s Center for Practice Transformation, featured therapist Cristina Combs.

Combs is a University of Minnesota alumnus who created the white supremacy 12 step program “after years of struggling to navigate the role and presence of whiteness in her personal, academic, and professional journeys,” according to the university’s website.

The university’s website indicates the lecture can earn viewers continuing education units.

Combs said her program helps people recover from their whiteness..."

University of Minnesota lecture features 12 step recovery program for whiteness | The College Fix

Me, I'm doing the Pocahontas genetic test.

I have my fingers crossed for at least 1/1023 Indian like Warren.

This is a program to stop white racism, not a recovery program just because you are white.

Me, I'm doing the Pocahontas genetic test.

I have my fingers crossed for at least 1/1023 Indian like Warren.
1_1024BaldEagle.jpg

Tired of being a white person? Does your own whiteness sickatate you? Would you like to hang out on the basketball court, without the annoying butt-kicking by the local Brothers?

"The University of Minnesota’s School of Social Work hosted a virtual lecture recently that aimed to teach white people about their white supremacy and how to counteract it by using a “12 step” program mirrored after the one used by people in Alcoholics Anonymous.

The two-hour “Recovery from White Conditioning” lecture, hosted through the school’s Center for Practice Transformation, featured therapist Cristina Combs.

Combs is a University of Minnesota alumnus who created the white supremacy 12 step program “after years of struggling to navigate the role and presence of whiteness in her personal, academic, and professional journeys,” according to the university’s website.

The university’s website indicates the lecture can earn viewers continuing education units.

University of Minnesota lecture features 12 step recovery program for whiteness | The College Fix
I always just carry with me some shoe polish to cure my whiteness.

I always just carry with me some shoe polish to cure my whiteness.

Urban camouflage.

Forum List

Back