University of South Alabama shuts down DEI office

Yeah sure, like the stopwatch in the 100m is just another expression of black privilege.

A stopwatch is a precision instrument. The SAT most certainly is not. It was developed by a noted Eugenecist (racist) and has a racial bias.

Or a black one, right? Funny how you think it is perfectly ok to label some large groups of people as dumb (white Southerners), but not others.

Southern White folks are INTENTIONALLY dumb. They reject evolution because it contradicts the bible. They celebrate their idiot ancestors who fought for the Confederacy. (Germans are ashamed of their relatives who fought for the Wehrmacht.)

The problem is that it isn’t the second best doctor. Again, the gap is large to accommodate the diversity requirements in medical schools. The gaps gets even larger as you go down the list from the highest rated schools to the lowest. The middle-tier schools simply run out of qualified minority candidates. Now, with medicine, they do have to graduate medical school and pass their medical boards, presumably without help, so there is that. I wouldn’t put it past lefties to start demanding different board exams for some students by claiming it is biased. Why not, they do it with the SAT and ACT?

Works on the assumption that a school will graduate an inferior student. They won't.

A stopwatch is a precision instrument. The SAT most certainly is not. It was developed by a noted Eugenecist (racist) and has a racial bias.

Please point to specific questions on the current SAT that are racially biased. I'll wait. Good luck.

Southern White folks are INTENTIONALLY dumb. They reject evolution because it contradicts the bible. They celebrate their idiot ancestors who fought for the Confederacy. (Germans are ashamed of their relatives who fought for the Wehrmacht.)

Again, you lump all "Southern White folks" into the same category. We aren't all the same. We have some gullible ones that only believe in the science when it fortifies their brainwashed liberal ideas. Thankfully, we there are nearly as many as there are in your neck of the woods. I can't imagine living in the wacky, hypocritical, naïve, gullible ignorant world in which you are forced to live(poorly).

Works on the assumption that a school will graduate an inferior student. They won't.

You are missing a simple point. There are a finite number of seats in each incoming class. If black DEI and AA recipients take the seats of more white and Asian qualified students, that is a real problem. Maybe you didn't realize that black students fail to complete college at a significantly higher rate that whites. That should tell you something, but I know it won't. I don't want to hear excuses about lack of income(or other lame justifications) and hardships because the numbers are consistently better for white and Asian students across the economic spectrum.

This chart tracks cohorts of students who began college at the same time and calculates how many of them earned any college degree within six years. Among students who started college in the fall of 2010, 62 percent of white students completed a degree by the summer of 2016, compared with only 39 percent of Black students. That’s a giant 23 percentage point gap, and a sign that a disproportionate number of Black students are dropping out of college in debt. Completion rates improved considerably for students who started college in 2015, but large gaps remain. Almost 70 percent of white students completed a degree by the summer of 2021, but only 45 percent of Black students hit this milestone. The Black-white college completion gap actually widened slightly from 23 to 24 percentage points.

College completion rates are up for all Americans, but racial gaps persist | KQED

Please point to specific questions on the current SAT that are racially biased. I'll wait. Good luck.

Again, you lump all "Southern White folks" into the same category. We aren't all the same. We have some gullible ones that only believe in the science when it fortifies their brainwashed liberal ideas. Thankfully, we there are nearly as many as there are in your neck of the woods. I can't imagine living in the wacky, hypocritical, naïve, gullible ignorant world in which you are forced to live(poorly).

Yet you still won't tell us what state you live in, so clearly you are embarrassed.

You are missing a simple point. There are a finite number of seats in each incoming class. If black DEI and AA recipients take the seats of more white and Asian qualified students, that is a real problem. Maybe you didn't realize that black students fail to complete college at a significantly higher rate that whites. That should tell you something, but I know it won't. I don't want to hear excuses about lack of income(or other lame justifications) and hardships because the numbers are consistently better for white and Asian students across the economic spectrum.

Again, that would be nice, if all the white applicants were "qualified". Dean's Interest (meaning Daddy bribed the school), Athletics (including Title IX scams), Legacies, and Children of Staff made up 42% of new admissions to Harvard. Please don't tell me it's about merit.

This chart tracks cohorts of students who began college at the same time and calculates how many of them earned any college degree within six years. Among students who started college in the fall of 2010, 62 percent of white students completed a degree by the summer of 2016, compared with only 39 percent of Black students. That’s a giant 23 percentage point gap, and a sign that a disproportionate number of Black students are dropping out of college in debt. Completion rates improved considerably for students who started college in 2015, but large gaps remain. Almost 70 percent of white students completed a degree by the summer of 2021, but only 45 percent of Black students hit this milestone. The Black-white college completion gap actually widened slightly from 23 to 24 percentage points.

Yes, just another example of racism in this society. I promise you, that if you linked Federal Funding to black graduation rates, you'd be AMAZED how fast that gap would close.

Maybe you didn't actually read the article you posted above. It makes a point that the SAT does have some economic bias, in fact, much more than any racial bias. The thing is, you and other Democrats, aren't arguing for giving poor white of Asian kids any advantages in admissions, only black ones. To an outside observer, that in an of itself gives the appearance of racism.

Perhaps we should concentrate less on racial background and more on socio-economic background if we are going to make exceptions for categories of students.

Yep, but Democrats don't want that because they want race(black only) specific programs. The only assumption is because they themselves are racist. That is the only logical conclusion.

Yet you still won't tell us what state you live in, so clearly you are embarrassed.

You can cherry-pick bad things about every single state in the country. All that matters is that I live in a state that has a lower cost of living(as do most Southern states) and I make more money than people like you living in a much higher cost of living state, ergo, I live better than you. The fact that you believe that wealthy people in the South live next to trailer parks is hilarious, in fact, it is much more likely that you live much closer to a "area" than I do. Double-wides aren't so prevalent near golf courses, lakes and private airport communities. Go figure.

Again, that would be nice, if all the white applicants were "qualified". Dean's Interest (meaning Daddy bribed the school), Athletics (including Title IX scams), Legacies, and Children of Staff made up 42% of new admissions to Harvard. Please don't tell me it's about merit.

Obviously much of it is about merit unless we aren't to believe the 1530+ average SAT scores at Harvard. There aren't enough perfect 1600 SAT scores to push the average that high if there were a lot of low scores. I don't disagree that legacies play a role however. I have no problem removing that. Admission should be merit based, PERIOD. Easy peasy, but it is leftists that run colleges like Harvard. While intelligent, they aren't particularly wise, in general.

Yes, just another example of racism in this society. I promise you, that if you linked Federal Funding to black graduation rates, you'd be AMAZED how fast that gap would close.

Just as I figured, excuses. It isn't about funding. It is about lack of performance.

Forum List

Back