🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Univision Reporter Tries To Justify Liberal Bias In Reporting

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Univision Anchor Jorge Ramos Speaks Out for Advocacy Journalism: 'Neutrality Helps the Oppressor'
By Tim Graham | November 29, 2014 | 12:10 PM EST
Share it Tweet it More Sharing Services

shares
jorge-ramos%5B1%5D_0.jpg
Receiving an award before the Committee to Protect Journalists, Univision anchor Jorge Ramos delighted The Huffington Post by giving a stemwinder speech in favor of advocacy journalism, including his usual tub-thumping for immigration “reform.”

Ramos pointed to a quote by the great Nobel Peace Prize winner Elie Wiesel to bring his point home: “We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.”

"The best of journalism happens when we take a stand: when we question those who are in power, when we confront the politicians who abuse their authority, when we denounce an injustice," Ramos said before a packed ballroom at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. "The best of journalism happens when we side with the victims, with the most vulnerable, with those who have no rights. The best of journalism happens when we, purposely, stop pretending that we are neutral and recognize that we have a moral obligation to tell truth to power."

"When we deal with the powerful, we have to take a stand," he went on. "I’m a reporter, I don’t want to be your friend. And trust me, you don't want to be my friend."​

- See more at: Univision Anchor Jorge Ramos Speaks Out for Advocacy Journalism Neutrality Helps the Oppressor

Only problem with this is the simple fact that Democrats are in power right now, and have been since 2007, so he's pretty much full of shit.

:bsflag:

"The best of journalism happens when we take a stand: when we question those who are in power, when we confront the politicians who abuse their authority, when we denounce an injustice,"

So, when are they going to start?

Forum List

Back