Unprecedented SSTs strike Florida's coral reefs

Reefs are resilient, but coral reef animals and plants must become more able to cope with stressful conditions to survive into the future. It is not yet clear if their rate of adaptation is fast enough to keep up with changing conditions.
Seems to contradict their implicit claim of impending doom and gloom, don't you think?

You want to see what ignoring this problem will cost?

WHAT problem? The Earth has been constantly changing for 4.6 billion years. Do you know we once had tropical forests at the south pole? There used to be an inland ocean through the Midwest. India used to be down towards Australia. At certain points, the entire Earth was almost covered in ice. But now that some small changes are being tracked by leftwing scientists, it's now a problem we must stop. :21:

Crick said:
Reefs are resilient, but coral reef animals and plants must become more able to cope with stressful conditions to survive into the future. It is not yet clear if their rate of adaptation is fast enough to keep up with changing conditions.
Seems to contradict their implicit claim of impending doom and gloom, don't you think?
I want to point out here that the quote above is not my statement but that of the Australian Institute of Marine Science.

What it seems to me is that you have very little familiarity with science's aversion to drama and absolute statements and that would be because you have very little familiarity with science at all.

What it seems to me is that you have very little familiarity with science's aversion to drama and absolute statements and that would be because you have very little familiarity with science at all.

Science used to have an aversion to drama and absolute statements.
Just more damage done by the corruption of AGW funding.

Crick said:

I want to point out here that the quote above is not my statement but that of the Australian Institute of Marine Science.

I have great familiarity with your overly emotional exaggerated claims aimed at creating catastrophe narratives. You do it all the time. And just like the boy who kept crying wolf, it never happens.

I have great familiarity with your overly emotional exaggerated claims aimed at creating catastrophe narratives. You do it all the time. And just like the boy who kept crying wolf, it never happens.
You don't know me for shit little boy. Neither do you know science which makes having a conversation with you on scientific topics a monumental waste of time.

You don't know me for shit little boy. Neither do you know science which makes having a conversation with you on scientific topics a monumental waste of time.
You just proved my point with your latest emotional outburst.

The "climate change is bleaching coral" argument has been around for a long time, like the sea ice bullshit.

Thai and other fishermen were, possibly still are, using chemical bleach, actual bleach, to squirt into coral to flush fish out of coral and into nets.

Clearly, the first thing needed here is for the warmers to prove oceans are warming. If oceans were warming, we'd have a breakout in hurricane activity. We DO NOT HAVE THAT, documented here over and over.

So the warmers want us to believe that oceans are "warming" NEVER MIND NO INCREASE IN CANES..... which is absolutely laughable.

Then, of course, they need to show that coral is "bleaching" because water temp increased by a degree or two.... which is ALSO LAUGHABLE and DOES NOT HAPPEN.

To BLEACH CORAL requires CHEMICALS. A few degrees of water temp increase DOES NOT BLEACH OR KILL CORAL.

This is another example, like the frivolous "warmest year ever" claims, of HOW DESPERATE THE FRAUD IS GIVEN NO REAL EVIDENCE OF WARMING AT ALL....

The process continues

If you kill the coral reefs in Florida, they will get destroyed by large waves. That will eliminate the protection they provide the beaches all along Florida's coast and the beaches will get steeper and narrower. Rocks will be uncovered. And, of course, without the habitat provided by the reefs, most of Florida's marine species will die out.

No beaches, no fishing, no diving. People aren't going to come to Florida just to sweat and enjoy the Ron DeSantis Legacy Tour. An example of a real cost to global warming.

Last edited:
If you kill the coral reefs in Florida, they will get destroyed by large waves. That will eliminate the protection they provide the beaches all along Florida's coast and the beaches will get steeper and narrower. Rocks will be uncovered. And, of course, without the habitat provided by the reefs, most of Florida's marine species will die out.
And don't forget---THE SKY WILL FALL.

The process continues

And don't forget---THE SKY WILL FALL.
And don't forget, responding to objective science-based reporting with a common idiom suggesting that the science is hysterical or mistaken AND NOTHING ELSE is a good indicator that you're an ignorant fool who has no actual argument against what you are attempting to refute.

The process continues

And don't forget, responding to objective science-based reporting with a common idiom suggesting that the science is hysterical or mistaken AND NOTHING ELSE is a good indicator that you're an ignorant fool who has no actual argument against what you are attempting to refute.
Woulda Coulda Shoulda IS NOT SCIENCE, moron.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda IS NOT SCIENCE, moron.
Yes, it 'is' science in that it's warning of much worse consequences of ignoring AGW.
America chose to ignore earlier warnings from mainstream science and chose instead to believe what their greed told them.
Now we all will pay the price tenfold over, and includes all life on earth from the insects up to humanity! That too is SCIENCE my friend! The ant's nests are the first to burn!

Yes, it 'is' science in that it's warning of much worse consequences of ignoring AGW.
America chose to ignore earlier warnings from mainstream science and chose instead to believe what their greed told them.
Now we all will pay the price tenfold over, and includes all life on earth from the insects up to humanity! That too is SCIENCE my friend! The ant's nests are the first to burn!

Sounds serious!
Send in all your money to the government, it's our only hope!!!

Sounds serious!
Send in all your money to the government, it's our only hope!!!
The government hasn't asked for any money. And the tax codes are still Trump's tax cut. So where exactly does all this shit come from about the government demanding our money for all this?

The government hasn't asked for any money. And the tax codes are still Trump's tax cut. So where exactly does all this shit come from about the government demanding our money for all this?

We don't need to spend more? Excellent news!

The process continues

No beaches, no fishing, no diving. People aren't going to come to Florida just to sweat and enjoy the Ron DeSantis Legacy Tour. An example of a real cost to global warming.
Please let me know when they actually die, OK? Because you are sounding more and more like the boy who cried wolf.

Forum List

Back