Unprecedented

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
As Peter Baker recently noted in the Times, it has been politically unthinkable since Watergate that a President could fire an F.B.I. director who was investigating him or his associates, force out an Attorney General for failing to protect him from an investigation, or offer pardons to potential witnesses against him. Now Trump is flatly dismissing Congress’s authority to conduct oversight of the executive branch. Unless Trump is stopped by court rulings, his defiant brand of politics and his sweeping control of the Republican Party will redefine the balance of power between the President and Congress for decades."
and I can't wait for Dems to give these nitwits a dose of their own medicine

About this website

NEWYORKER.COM

Donald Trump’s Unprecedented Assault on the Power of Congress
Trump and his allies are invoking a form of executive privilege that would systematically undermine Congress’s power and the post-Watergate norms established by the former President Gerald Ford.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie you really have to sober up when you post about such subjects... :wine:

As Peter Baker recently noted in the Times, it has been politically unthinkable since Watergate that a President could fire an F.B.I. director who was investigating him or his associates, force out an Attorney General for failing to protect him from an investigation, or offer pardons to potential witnesses against him. Now Trump is flatly dismissing Congress’s authority to conduct oversight of the executive branch. Unless Trump is stopped by court rulings, his defiant brand of politics and his sweeping control of the Republican Party will redefine the balance of power between the President and Congress for decades."

About this website

NEWYORKER.COM

Trump and his allies are invoking a form of executive privilege that would systematically undermine Congress’s power and the post-Watergate norms established by the former President Gerald Ford.
When the shoe is on the other foot they will whine about it.

About this website

NEWYORKER.COM

You gotta love that LOOK that McGahn is casting at the Orange One; he is basically saying, without words, "dude, you are one crazy son of a fucking bitch, and I'm REALLY glad I escaped your evil fucking clutches."

If your ear were to the ground, you'd know that a few Democrats are going to visit the DOJ pretty soon. And you might even know their names. ;)

....Unless Trump is stopped by court rulings, his defiant brand of politics and his sweeping control of the Republican Party will redefine the balance of power between the President and Congress for decades."
..... invoking a form of executive privilege that would systematically undermine Congress’s power .......

Isn't all that what you loved so much about fdr?

When Demo pull the trigger on the nuclear option

Mitch was right to say that the tables will be turn

The wheels of the bus go round and round

It has to mean something

About this website

NEWYORKER.COM

You gotta love that LOOK that McGahn is casting at the Orange One; he is basically saying, without words, "dude, you are one crazy son of a fucking bitch, and I'm REALLY glad I escaped your evil fucking clutches."
; he is basically saying, without words, "dude, you are one crazy son of a fucking bitch, and I'm REALLY glad I escaped your evil fucking clutches."

th

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-2_21-44-33.png
    upload_2019-5-2_21-44-33.png
    99 KB · Views: 12
So you agree with trump and republicans fning over our country

Eddie I am a conservative by choice... I don't like to place myself in a box when it comes to politics... I agree that there are a load of Republicans that are questionable in there politics... POTUS is not one of them and your lack of vision to see that explains a lot why you are labeled dimocrat... I am not going to but if we wished we could have a heated discussion regarding how the last dimocrat president compared to the present POTUS and how and who was "fning over our country" the worst...

Forum List

Back