Update: High School AP History Book Rewrites 2nd Amendment

When my daughter was in grade school she brought home a textbook for some homework. The chapter was entitled Great Women of America. The first one, I kid you not, was Sally Field.

Nothing surprises me about the public school system. Nothing.

Sounds like you're either in deep shit Republican country or a Catholic 'hood with fond remembrances of the Flying Nun.

When my daughter was in grade school she brought home a textbook for some homework. The chapter was entitled Great Women of America. The first one, I kid you not, was Sally Field.

Nothing surprises me about the public school system. Nothing.

Sounds like you're either in deep shit Republican country or a Catholic 'hood with fond remembrances of the Flying Nun.

The public schools are run by liberals. And they all buy their textbooks from the same place. You should have a look at the ones that are brought into your house.

I am so glad my son is out of school....

Lord have mercy, I have two in college right now. Both doing fine at Regent University in Va Beach. GOD'S COUNTRY!

Get real. You've exposed your children to Pat Robertson? Are you crazy?

Excuse me but Regent University has a very fine reputation and one of my children there is going on to the law school. Regent University School of Law
Some of the faculty is from Harvard. Pat Robertson is a fine man of God.

Lord have mercy, I have two in college right now. Both doing fine at Regent University in Va Beach. GOD'S COUNTRY!

Get real. You've exposed your children to Pat Robertson? Are you crazy?

I hope you don't have children, but if you do you've exposed them to obama. Which is worst than a child molester.

President Obama condones and endorses the murder of children. I encourage you all to listen to the interview of Dr. Jeffress by Mr. Huckabee: Mike Huckabee Interviews Dr. Jeffress » First Baptist Dallas

If that's a legitimate copy of the text book, wow! Are they trying to hide behind putting the bill of rights in everyday English?

What's so difficult to understand about the original?

Textbook version: "The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia."

Actual 2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."​

In modern language, the 2nd amendment means:

"Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other such weapons cannot be taken away or restricted."

WHy not put that "interpretation" into their textbooks? At least they'd be right. For a change.

Guyer High School (and obviously several others) are complicit in attempting to condition students to interpret the 2nd Amendment in a clearly opposite manner in which it was intended. The 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th are also misinterpreted as several commenters below pointed out.

This textbook, currently being used by Guyer High School, is attempting to redefine the Second Amendment to impressionable young minds. Parents, you must speak up and demand action. Investigate your child's history book ASAP, and post more pictures in the comments below. Call your school and demand that revisionist history books like this are removed from the school district.

2nd-amendment.jpg

Textbook version: "The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia."

Actual 2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Did you catch the sleight of hand?

A militia is a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies. It's a common man army of citizens, NOT soldiers. The citizens are called up in emergencies to protect the free State.

The 2nd Amendment says that a militia is necessary to protect a free State, so in order to be able to have a militia, the citizens have a natural right to keep and bear arms and the government cannot infringe on that right.

The textbook version implies that we're only allowed to keep and bear arms if we're in a State militia, a clear misrepresentation of the 2nd Amendment.​

Progressives lie. All the time.

With all due respect to the suggestion that you get hold of a local school, it's not good enough.

You have to find out who authored the changes and the publisher of the text book just for starters.

And you must find out who the publisher distributes the books to. That will give you the list of every public school state wide or nation wide and then you have the list of school boards and state education boards you have to attack.

You have to get this book out of the curriculum like yesterday.

AND wouldn't this be against any law? I just can't see how this would be legal. The constitution nor its amendments should not be allowed to be reworded.

it is of up most importants that parents take leagle action in this case, and demand that the books removed from the school. it is only then that we can stop the preversion of our beloved coountry.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
I don't like how the textbook writes the amendment.

So I suggest all you patriots check your local school districts' American history books.

If you disagree, book all of you one on one appts with the school board president and the superintendent, asking them if they wish to be retained in their positions.

Exposing children to fundamentalist religious teaching is child abuse, many believe.

Guyer High School (and obviously several others) are complicit in attempting to condition students to interpret the 2nd Amendment in a clearly opposite manner in which it was intended. The 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th are also misinterpreted as several commenters below pointed out.

This textbook, currently being used by Guyer High School, is attempting to redefine the Second Amendment to impressionable young minds. Parents, you must speak up and demand action. Investigate your child's history book ASAP, and post more pictures in the comments below. Call your school and demand that revisionist history books like this are removed from the school district.

2nd-amendment.jpg

Actual 2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Did you catch the sleight of hand?

A militia is a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies. It's a common man army of citizens, NOT soldiers. The citizens are called up in emergencies to protect the free State.

The 2nd Amendment says that a militia is necessary to protect a free State, so in order to be able to have a militia, the citizens have a natural right to keep and bear arms and the government cannot infringe on that right.

The textbook version implies that we're only allowed to keep and bear arms if we're in a State militia, a clear misrepresentation of the 2nd Amendment.​

Progressives lie. All the time.

What a bunch of bullshit....That's not even close.

Forum List

Back