Zone1 Update on my friend's brain surgery.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
My buddy called me from the hospital last night and we talked for about an hour. I should say he talked for about an hour which was awesome. His speech was slurred but mainly because the muscles in his mouth aren't working quite right, but it isn't cognitive function. So the surgery ended up taking 14 hours, not 8 as planned. Yes 14 HOURS! Yikes. When they got in there, they decided they could be more aggressive than what they originally were going to do. He's been in a rehab facility for over a week and he says his biggest problem is he has almost no strength even though all his limbs and extremities are functioning. He can't hold a cell phone very long, he has to lay it in front of him and poke. He has double vision and he can stand but he can't walk. That is the main goal for the next couple weeks of PT is re-learning how to walk. He'll be in a wheel chair most of the time until he gets stronger. It's going to be a long road but he's tough as nails. An ex-Navy guy and a long distance biker he has the right mentality for what's ahead. I'm just glad I was talking to my friend and not his wife telling me how he is.

My buddy called me from the hospital last night and we talked for about an hour. I should say he talked for about an hour which was awesome. His speech was slurred but mainly because the muscles in his mouth aren't working quite right, but it isn't cognitive function. So the surgery ended up taking 14 hours, not 8 as planned. Yes 14 HOURS! Yikes. When they got in there, they decided they could be more aggressive than what they originally were going to do. He's been in a rehab facility for over a week and he says his biggest problem is he has almost no strength even though all his limbs and extremities are functioning. He can't hold a cell phone very long, he has to lay it in front of him and poke. He has double vision and he can stand but he can't walk. That is the main goal for the next couple weeks of PT is re-learning how to walk. He'll be in a wheel chair most of the time until he gets stronger. It's going to be a long road but he's tough as nails. An ex-Navy guy and a long distance biker he has the right mentality for what's ahead. I'm just glad I was talking to my friend and not his wife telling me how he is.
I wish him well. Your story reminded me of this story

The people who shot him should be strung up. You don’t murder a person who performs brain surgery. Not a lot of people can replace him. Fucked up. Sorry to change the subject thought you’d find this interesting.

• Banned
I wish him well. Your story reminded me of this story

The people who shot him should be strung up. You don’t murder a person who performs brain surgery. Not a lot of people can replace him. Fucked up. Sorry to change the subject thought you’d find this interesting.
He had some of the best brain surgeons in the country working on him. It was a really rare thing I guess. Yeah that story is awful, any senseless murder is. Wellness check seems kind of weird for a guy like him.

He had some of the best brain surgeons in the country working on him. It was a really rare thing I guess. Yeah that story is awful, any senseless murder is. Wellness check seems kind of weird for a guy like him.
Not weird. A wellness check is done when you don’t show up to work and no one has heard from you. You aren’t answering your phone. You’re supposed to be somewhere but you never show up.

These doctors are as close to Jesus as you’ll get. He cured sickness right?

I guarantee someone from a poor block went to rob someone in that wealthy community. His car was found a few blocks away. Probably close to where the murderers live. I hope they catch them.

Hope your friends doing good!

Forum List

Back