UPDATE: Roads in Hawaii begin cracking near Kilauea as volcanic eruption imminent

At least people over there are taking it with philosophy...they know what it means to live close to a volcano....

If Pele comes Pele comes ....they are saying...:dunno:

iu

At least people over there are taking it with philosophy...they know what it means to live close to a volcano....

iu

Not that Pele, silly LOL:D

this one...Tutu- Pele The Volcano Goddess of Hawaii. :p

Pele (deity) - Wikipedia

I know, I just couldn't resist... Besides, so few know who Pele is nowadays... Either one of them...

I know! Pele the Brazilian soccer player was a genius !!

iu

Pele (deity) - Wikipedia

I know, I just couldn't resist... Besides, so few know who Pele is nowadays... Either one of them...

Indeed. And I don't even like soccer.

iu

Pele (deity) - Wikipedia

Indeed. And I don't even like soccer.

You don't?????:ack-1: I love it! :113:

Shakin' All Over.....wow! ^^^....

by the way....I'm reading that sometimes over there goes on like that for a full month! is that correct??

2018-05-04 18:54 4.9 4.2

2018-05-04 18:42:42 4.5 4

2018-05-04 18:39:31 4.5 -0.1

2018-05-04 18:37:18 4.6 4.2

2018-05-04 18:32:55 6.9 3.1
Some pretty decent quakes. All in a row. There have been lots more before and after these today but this grouping caught my eye

I wonder what all of the mouses and rats are gonna do. they can't swim to los angeles

PUNA (KHON2) - Officials have closed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and evacuations are underway in light of Friday's major earthquakes.

A massive earthquake was recorded on Hawaii island at approximately 12:32 p.m.

Viewers have called into the station to say tremors could be felt on Oahu.

According to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center, the earthquake generated small sea-level changes in Hilo (20 cm amplitude), Kapoho (40 cm amplitude), and Honuapo (15 cm amplitude). At all locations the fluctuations have diminished.

The U.S. Geological Survey updated its earthquake report to say a magnitude 6.9 earthquake was centered in the vicinity of the south flank of Kilauea Volcano, 16 kilometers or nearly 10 miles southwest of Leilani Estates.

It was originally recorded at magnitude 6.0.

This is after a magnitude 5.6 earthquake struck the south flank of Kilauea Volcano at 11:33 a.m. Friday. No tsunami was generated from that quake.
Officials close Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, evacuations underway in light of earthquakes

Forum List

Back