🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Updating the U.S. Constitution to more appropriately address modern times

I'd update it to be more like Germanies or frances constitution. Our constitution is too old and isn't defined enough.

1st amendment would include phones, computers and set limits on violent speech.
2nd Amendment would be defined to allow guns to all citizens! yes, I am pro gun. Tanks and military stuff would be excluded.
3-5th would be strengthen.
Maybe include an independent body for elections

The federal government would have it clearly spelled out that they can invest in infrastructure, science and education of our people. This is the way every other nation works.
Good Lord you get dumber every day.

The second and third amendments should be dropped they are no longer relevant

Since we don't have militias anymore, there is no need for a second amendment. Leave gun laws to the states

Nobody has housed military in private homes in 200 years

Both are obsolete and archaic
IOW, the OP is another one of your sock accounts.

Nice.
Show me your neighborhood well regulated militia and you can keep your second amendment

Otherwise....let states regulate guns
They do it now

Since we don't have militias anymore, there is no need for a second amendment. Leave gun laws to the states

Nice.
Show me your neighborhood well regulated militia and you can keep your second amendment

They do it now
I am the neighborhood. And the milita. Now what are you going to do?

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

You are not "Well Regulated"

We need to bring the United States Constitution up to date to make it more relevant to the modern world.

In particular, the Bill of Rights, especially the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments need to be made more compatible with the modern world.

Here is how I would word them:

1st:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of the press. The right of the people peaceably to assemble and disseminate speech that is not hateful or threatening shall not be infringed. The right of oppressed peoples to petition the Government for a redress of grievances shall not be infringed.

2nd:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the military and law enforcement to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right of private citizens to own firearms designated by the government to be appropriate for antique and/or sporting purposes only shall not be infringed.

4th:
The right of the people who have not been proven to belong to a hateful, discriminatory group or a group that is in ideological opposition to the government to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Was this supposed to be a joke?

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

According to who? The likes of you? LMAO!

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

Yeah we need government to regulate...they do such a wonderful job.:uhoh3:

We need to bring the United States Constitution up to date to make it more relevant to the modern world.

In particular, the Bill of Rights, especially the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments need to be made more compatible with the modern world.

1st:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of the press. The right of the people peaceably to assemble and disseminate speech that is not hateful or threatening shall not be infringed. The right of oppressed peoples to petition the Government for a redress of grievances shall not be infringed.

2nd:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the military and law enforcement to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right of private citizens to own firearms designated by the government to be appropriate for antique and/or sporting purposes only shall not be infringed.

4th:
The right of the people who have not been proven to belong to a hateful, discriminatory group or a group that is in ideological opposition to the government to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Was this supposed to be a joke?
Sadly...no.

It is a good example of the ignorance of the Left. Their love of government by small elite is astoundingly stupid, given the history of government.

Can't fix stupid.

Last edited:
Let the States regulate guns

Just like Republicans want them to regulate Healthcare

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

You mean like how they regulate the armed forces?

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

Explain how you are well regulated

I will listen

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

You are so ignorant you want the government, including the armed forces, to be the only ones with guns. Why have you failed from learn history? Are you stupid? Do you not know that all of civilized history, with the exception of the USA, the government was the one with arms and the people defenseless? This has caused immense death and suffering.

Do you really think you are smarter than the Founders?

I can assure you that you are dumber than a stone.

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

I will listen
I know how to shoot. Well regulated.

States do everything better than the federal government

If we can make them responsible for healthcare....they can be responsible for firearms

Feds should mind their own business

1st:

2nd:

4th:

Er.... this is just playing towards what you want. As for "oppressed peoples", who is oppressed? The govt would have to set up a list of oppressed peoples, and you'd have to register. That would be a massive fail.

The right to free speech is limited anyway, so what's the point of pointing out that it shouldn't be hateful? Would the govt interpret this as "you said the govt is bad, this is hateful, we're locking you up" as in Turkey or other countries?

What really need to change is the way in which people vote. After that things might get sensible in US politics.

But it'll never happen, because the rich handlers don't want it to happen.

States do everything better than the federal government

If we can make them responsible for healthcare....they can be responsible for firearms

Feds should mind their own business
Okay...then let's outlaw the federal government.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

I will listen
I know how to shoot. Well regulated.

Who says?
Are you registered with local authorities in case we need to call you up to protect our country?

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

You are so ignorant you want the government, including the armed forces, to be the only ones with guns. Why have you failed from learn history? Are you stupid? Do you not know that all of civilized history, with the exception of the USA, the government was the one with arms and the people defenseless? This has caused immense death and suffering.

Do you really think you are smarter than the Founders?

I can assure you that you are dumber than a stone.
I didn't say that

Let the states decide on their own gun rules
States know best don't they?

Forum List

Back