🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Updating the U.S. Constitution to more appropriately address modern times

I am the neighborhood. And the milita. Now what are you going to do?

Yes....Redneck militia

You are not "Well Regulated"
According to who? The likes of you? LMAO!
Explain how you are well regulated

I will listen
I know how to shoot. Well regulated.

Who says?
Are you registered with local authorities in case we need to call you up to protect our country?
2A doesn't say I have to register with anyone. You can put out a call at any time. I may or may not join.

Yes....Redneck militia

Yeah we need government to regulate...they do such a wonderful job.:uhoh3:
You mean like how they regulate the armed forces?
You are so ignorant you want the government, including the armed forces, to be the only ones with guns. Why have you failed from learn history? Are you stupid? Do you not know that all of civilized history, with the exception of the USA, the government was the one with arms and the people defenseless? This has caused immense death and suffering.

Do you really think you are smarter than the Founders?

I can assure you that you are dumber than a stone.
I didn't say that

Let the states decide on their own gun rules
States know best don't they?
Since when does a left wing nut job think the states know best? Stop with our dishonest bullshit.

States can decide as long as they do not conflict with the Constitution. The 2A is clear. The people can keep and bear arms.

I know you hate the Constitute, but buck up pussy.

Yes....Redneck militia

Yeah we need government to regulate...they do such a wonderful job.:uhoh3:
You mean like how they regulate the armed forces?
You are so ignorant you want the government, including the armed forces, to be the only ones with guns. Why have you failed from learn history? Are you stupid? Do you not know that all of civilized history, with the exception of the USA, the government was the one with arms and the people defenseless? This has caused immense death and suffering.

Do you really think you are smarter than the Founders?

I can assure you that you are dumber than a stone.
I didn't say that

Let the states decide on their own gun rules
States know best don't they?
Yes, I have Constitutional carry. The Feds will make that reciprocal soon. So I don't have to worry about your shit state.

We need to bring the United States Constitution up to date to make it more relevant to the modern world.

In particular, the Bill of Rights, especially the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments need to be made more compatible with the modern world.

Here is how I would word them:

1st:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of the press. The right of the people peaceably to assemble and disseminate speech that is not hateful or threatening shall not be infringed. The right of oppressed people to petition the Government for a redress of grievances shall not be infringed.

2nd:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the military and law enforcement to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right of private citizens to own non-military arms shall also not be infringed.

4th:
The right of the people who have not been proven to belong to a hateful, discriminatory group or a group that is in ideological opposition to the government to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I'll address each of your suggestions by number.

1st - Who gets to decide what speech is not hateful or threatening. In most places, threats are already illegal. And who determines who is oppressed? Must I be a member of an opressed group to have my grievances heard by the gov't?

2nd - No. As 2aguy said, pretty much all firearms have been military weapons at one time or another. And from the writings of those who wrote the constitution, the armed population is meant to be the final check & balance of the gov't.

4th - Once again, you are wanting to make certain people, who are citizens of this nation, live without the rights the rest enjoy. That is completely unacceptable.
Never reason with a crazy person.

Then why come here?

“Leave gun laws to the states”

Hence the hypocrisy of the right.

When it comes to the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of gay Americans, conservatives want the states to decide the extent of those rights, and decry the courts overturning state laws that compel women to give birth against their will or deny same-sex couples access to marriage law.

Yet when the states enact firearm regulatory measures that conservatives oppose, reflecting the ‘will of the people’ of those states, rightists sprint to the Federal courts and file suit to have those laws overturned, in defiance of the ‘will of the people.’

If the courts have the authority to strike down state laws that prohibit the possession of certain types of firearms, then they likewise have the authority to strike down laws that violate the right to privacy or the right to equal protection of the law.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.

Yes....Redneck militia

I will listen

Who says?
Are you registered with local authorities in case we need to call you up to protect our country?
2A doesn't say I have to register with anyone. You can put out a call at any time. I may or may not join.
Then you are far from well regulated

I don't want the stinking Feds to tell me whether I can have a gun or not

I trust MY STATE to know what we need

States do everything better than the federal government

If we can make them responsible for healthcare....they can be responsible for firearms

Feds should mind their own business
Fine with me. I have Constitutional carry.
All states have ‘constitutional carry’ – including states which require a license to carry a concealed firearm, or prohibit open carry, as such laws are consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence, and perfectly Constitutional.

States do everything better than the federal government

If we can make them responsible for healthcare....they can be responsible for firearms

Feds should mind their own business
Fine with me. I have Constitutional carry.
All states have ‘constitutional carry’ – including states which require a license to carry a concealed firearm, or prohibit open carry, as such laws are consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence, and perfectly Constitutional.
I don't think you understand what Constitutional carry is. In either law or concept.

The second and third amendments should be dropped they are no longer relevant

Since we don't have militias anymore, there is no need for a second amendment. Leave gun laws to the states

Nobody has housed military in private homes in 200 years

Both are obsolete and archaic
IOW, the OP is another one of your sock accounts.

Nice.
Show me your neighborhood well regulated militia and you can keep your second amendment

Otherwise....let states regulate guns
They do it now
You don't get to decide which Amendments we observe, cockroach.

Since we don't have militias anymore, there is no need for a second amendment. Leave gun laws to the states

Nice.
Show me your neighborhood well regulated militia and you can keep your second amendment

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

Well Regulated means in proper working order, functioning as expected.
It doesn't mean run by the government.

Yes....Redneck militia

I will listen

Who says?
The Second Amendment doesn’t ‘say’ anything – as with the rest of the Constitution, the Second Amendment exists solely in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court, where state laws that require the registration of firearms comport with the Second Amendment, until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Nice.

They do it now
You don't get to decide which Amendments we observe, cockroach.
You hate state rights

Nice.

They do it now

Yes....Redneck militia

Well Regulated means in proper working order, functioning as expected.
It doesn't mean run by the government.
OK

Let's see how our militias are well regulated
To be in proper working order they must be trained, have regular assemblies, a command structure and we must know who is in our militia

To see if they are functioning as expected they must have regular drills

I can't believe people want to be governed by an archaic document written by people that lived in a different time and different world.

Last edited:
We need to bring the United States Constitution up to date to make it more relevant to the modern world.

In particular, the Bill of Rights, especially the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments need to be made more compatible with the modern world.

1st:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of the press. The right of the people peaceably to assemble and disseminate speech that is not hateful or threatening shall not be infringed. The right of oppressed peoples to petition the Government for a redress of grievances shall not be infringed.

2nd:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the military and law enforcement to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right of private citizens to own firearms designated by the government to be appropriate for antique and/or sporting purposes only shall not be infringed.

4th:
The right of the people who have not been proven to belong to a hateful, discriminatory group or a group that is in ideological opposition to the government to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Thank God the Founders made it so hard to change the constitution - to keep kooks like you from destroying this country.

1st:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of the press. The right of the people peaceably to assemble and disseminate speech that is not hateful or threatening shall not be infringed. The right of oppressed peoples to petition the Government for a redress of grievances shall not be infringed.

2nd:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the military and law enforcement to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right of private citizens to own firearms designated by the government to be appropriate for antique and/or sporting purposes only shall not be infringed.

4th:

As long as I decide what speech to allow and which groups are oppressed and which ones are hateful. I'd be fair, I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Constitution is timeless because man does not change. The thirst for power is ever present from day one til now.

Since we don't have militias anymore, there is no need for a second amendment.
United States militia groups
Militia group name State, county or locale
3 Percenters nationwide
Arizona Border Recon Arizona, Sasabe
Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights nationwide
Hutaree Michigan, southern
Idaho Light Foot Militia Idaho, statewide
Michigan Militia Michigan, Redford
Militia of Montana Montana, Noxon
Missouri Citizen Militia Missouri, statewide
Missouri Militia Missouri, Kansas City
New York Light Foot Militia New York, statewide
Oath Keepers nationwide
Ohio Defense Force Ohio, statewide
Pennsylvania Military Reserve Pennsylvania
Texas Light Foot Militia Texas, statewide

The Southern Poverty Law Center identified 334 militia groups at their peak in 2011. It identified 276 in 2015, up from 202 in 2014

so much for that....

Last edited:

1st:

2nd:

4th:
2/3rds both houses. 2/3rds of states to ratify.
Good luck with that.
Now more than ever that old document is as important in its intent to prevent those changes you desire.

Forum List

Back