US hospitals seeing different kind of COVID surge this time

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

RODRIQUE NGOWI, MICHAEL CASEY and DON THOMPSON
Dr. Fritz François, chief of hospital operations at NYU Langone Health in New York City, said about 65% of patients admitted to that system with COVID-19 recently were primarily hospitalized for something else and were incidentally found to have the virus.

At two large Seattle hospitals over the past two weeks, three-quarters of the 64 patients testing positive for the coronavirus were admitted with a primary diagnosis other than COVID-19.

Joanne Spetz, associate director of research at the Healthforce Center at the University of California, San Francisco, said the rising number of cases like that is both good and bad.

Well this is where we are. Every day another new surge of some variant where the vaccines are working so well that there are surges everywhere.

Ahhhhh

The mild symptoms. So, no big deal then?

Yeeees?

Notion?

Oh, right. Demonization.

Dr. Fritz François, chief of hospital operations at NYU Langone Health in New York City, said about 65% of patients admitted to that system with COVID-19 recently were primarily hospitalized for something else and were incidentally found to have the virus.

At two large Seattle hospitals over the past two weeks, three-quarters of the 64 patients testing positive for the coronavirus were admitted with a primary diagnosis other than COVID-19.

Joanne Spetz, associate director of research at the Healthforce Center at the University of California, San Francisco, said the rising number of cases like that is both good and bad.

Well this is where we are. Every day another new surge of some variant where the vaccines are working so well that there are surges everywhere.

Ahhhhh

Yeeees?

Notion?

Oh, right. Demonization.
the reality is that most of these admissions have not been vaccinated.

Nearly 100 fully vaccinated NFL players got covid

What's the recovery rate Bob for the UNVACCINATED? Huh Bob?

Huh bob?

Last edited:
Yeah Bob?

Nearly 100 fully vaccinated NFL players got covid

What's the recovery rate Bob for the UNVACCINATED? Huh Bob?

Huh bob?
Not "yeah Bob" and not "Huh Bob" It is Yeah "Bloomberg"

Ahhhhh

Yeeees?

Notion?

Oh, right. Demonization.
I was driving by a testing location yesterday morning. (A mall converted to outpatient medical center)

The line for Covid tests went out the door and down the sidewalk... everyone was bunched up too...so if someone wasn't infected they sure were going to be by the time they actually got tested.

I drove past to use a different entrance no where near those sick pups.

I was driving by a testing location yesterday morning. (A mall converted to outpatient medical center)

The line for Covid tests went out the door and down the sidewalk... everyone was bunched up too...so if someone wasn't infected they sure were going to be by the time they actually got tested.

I drove past to use a different entrance no where near those sick pups.
Still holding at a 99.5 percent recovery rate. Why do all of you ignore that?

Still holding at a 99.5 percent recovery rate. Why do all of you ignore that?
Ummm...
I have plenty of medical disabilities now...(arthritis, pulmonary function and etc). I don't feel the need to add any more to my endocrine system at this point in time.

Sure, I'd likely survive...but I don't want the long term disabilities stemming from an infection...
Which some are temporary...sure...but temporary can mean 6 months to two years. And 6 months of lost cognitive function or taste and smell...that would be disastrous.
FIL still is at 50% lung capacity and ST disability.
Probably going to lose his health benefits. That's going to be a real problem.

Survive? Probably
Do you survive financially? Probably not.

Ummm...
I have plenty of medical disabilities now...(arthritis, pulmonary function and etc). I don't feel the need to add any more to my endocrine system at this point in time.

Sure, I'd likely survive...but I don't want the long term disabilities stemming from an infection...
Which some are temporary...sure...but temporary can mean 6 months to two years. And 6 months of lost cognitive function or taste and smell...that would be disastrous.
FIL still is at 50% lung capacity and ST disability.
Probably going to lose his health benefits. That's going to be a real problem.

Survive? Probably
Do you survive financially? Probably not.
You can add the high rate of heart problems after getting the vaccine.

Surge of dim bulbs who don’t feel bad but must have a test to assure their safe space cream puffs ass that they don’t feel bad.

Forum List

Back