US Locator hears pings from Flight 370

They continue to say--'the plane avoided Indonesian radar'--for over a month this has been a 'fact'. Apparently, there is some criminal intent connected to this.

Someone who flew 777's for Malaysia Airlines and knew the pilot said--'It is too emotional to go 'there'--but it seems we must--someone was in control of the plane'. The theory du jour--whomever was in control intended to get the plane to 'free' air space and then set it down in the ocean--to have it just disappear.

Why? They do not know.

If the plane had successfully gone past Australia---and I still wonder why Australian radar picked up nothing--after that a few islands and the Antarctic Ocean. Nowhere.

Forensic psychiatrists should be busy trying to explain this--I certainly can't.

How long will the data recorders ping for?

These could go longer than 30 days. Even if they stop--the remote devices are gathering fyi that would allow investigators to continue to refine the search.

I've heard more detailed explanations of how long the pingers might last--just can't recall what has been said. Issues with the batteries are a factor---the batteries are said to be good until June. Did the water temperature or the currents in the ocean affect the pingers? That has been discussed.

They are at their base lifespan of around 30 days, that being said they just don't "stop" they get weaker over time.

The problem is sound is a weird thing at the depths we are talking about. sound signals can get shunted in convergence zones for hundreds of miles. what they need to do is triangulate the signals to narrow down the search area to attempt to get a direct reading.

*holds hand up*

why do you think they are tracking all planes all the time.....

Yes. Absolutely 200%

Just for NTSB and homeland security for starters.

A sub launched missile from this area can reach Los Angeles do you think it's the one area on the planet where the NSA or DOD says "ah fuck it let's not watch here"

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

okay quit making fun of me....i do have compassion....

now i have to do geography? really?

okay frankie.....if this plane was tracked why hide it....i just dont get the advantage of the disappearing plane

If they do locate the plane, it will be quite a task to retrieve the wreckage. Lifting a 777 airplane thousands of feet deep on the ocean floor will require a ship with enormous winches that can handle the weight of a 777. It would be quite a sight to witness.

However, prior to lifting up the wreckage, priority will obviously be given to getting the black boxes out. Given the ocean depth involved, this operation will likely be accomplished using a remote underwater vehicle equipped with a video recording system and robotic arms. This will allow location and retrieval of the black boxes.

These could go longer than 30 days. Even if they stop--the remote devices are gathering fyi that would allow investigators to continue to refine the search.

I've heard more detailed explanations of how long the pingers might last--just can't recall what has been said. Issues with the batteries are a factor---the batteries are said to be good until June. Did the water temperature or the currents in the ocean affect the pingers? That has been discussed.

So much for having problems with the lithium batteries on the plane. The fact that the recorder is operating means that unless its batteries aren't separate, there wasn't a problem.

If my loved ones were on that plane, I would be both anxious and disappointed. But most of all, I would want an answer.

Forum List

Back