US military jet bombs Syrian army base.....wth?

You believe ISIS is not a Jihad terrorist group but rather a simple mercenary army with no religious or ideological foundations and claim I am the one being hoodwinked? Look in the mirror dude.

Oh, they're Jihadists. That's fact. But they're also mercenaries. They got their funding and arms from nations that wanted Assad dead. I'll let you figure out which nations they are. Just do the math.
They got their funding and continue to get it by pillaging Syrian and Iraqi resources. They began by the looting of entire cities and towns. Vast amounts of gold, silver and foreign currency were obtained when the larger cities such as Raqqa and Mosul overrun. It is comical how you conspiracy nuts claim ISIS needed weapons from the west. They got an abundance of weapons when the Iraqi Army abandoned all those weapons for them to confiscate at will.

Gee how did ISIS invade Iraq? With harsh words?

:lol:

Get your time lines right Camp. They were an established terror army in Syria well before they invaded Iraq.
My timeline is right. ISIS started out in Iraq as ISIL. Joined the war in Syria and returned to Iraq where the Maliki regime gave them a stunning victory that shocked the region. When they were in Syria they were just an average rebel group trying to become as big as al Nusra and al Qaeda. It was the Mosul arms depots that created ISIS. More armor and artillery than they had drivers and operators. They needed to conscript Iraqi Baath veterans and former Saddam soldiers.
ISIS started out as Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) and they were in Syria from the onset of the "peaceful" protests. And they had funding prior to their grand entrance in Iraq as they returned with a caravan of new Toyota pickup trucks. You don't accept the Iranian news service as being credible, how about your own government?
https://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-co...12-DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version11.pdf
Camp, don't you ever get tired of defending the indefensible?

The group has had various names since it began.

The group was founded in 1999 by Jordanian radical Abu Musab al-Zarqawi as Jamāʻat al-Tawḥīd wa-al-Jihād, "The Organisation of Monotheism and Jihad" (JTJ).

In October 2004, al-Zarqawi swore loyalty to Osama bin Laden and changed the group's name to Tanẓīm Qāʻidat al-Jihād fī Bilād al-Rāfidayn, "The Organisation of Jihad's Base in Mesopotamia", commonly known as al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).[47][48] Although the group has never called itself al-Qaeda in Iraq, this has been its informal name over the years

On 14 May 2014, the United States Department of State announced its decision to use Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) as the group's primary name.[

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here you go Camp. More information that discredits your timeline. Bury your head in the sand boy.

The hidden hand behind the Islamic State militants? Saddam Hussein’s.

Tasked with rebuilding the greatly weakened insurgent organization after 2010, Baghdadi embarked on an aggressive campaign to woo the former officers, drawing on the vast pool of men who had either remained unemployed or had joined other, less extremist insurgent groups.

Some of them had fought against al-Qaeda after changing sides and aligning with the American-backed Awakening movement during the surge of troops in 2007. When U.S. troops withdrew and the Iraqi government abandonedthe Awakening fighters, the Islamic State was the only surviving option for those who felt betrayed and wanted to change sides again, said Brian Fishman, who researched the group in Iraq for West Point’s Combating Terrorism Center and is now a fellow with the New America Foundation.

Baghdadi’s effort was further aided by a new round of de-Baathificationlaunched after U.S. troops left in 2011 by then Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who set about firing even those officers who had been rehabilitated by the U.S. military.

At the time I thought the 2008 election presented us with the worse presidential choice ever. Nothing has convinced me yet that we weren't screwed from the start.

To Defeat Islamic State, Remove Assad
Syrians are already asking why we’re bombing ISIS but not stopping Assad’s attacks on them. Good question.

By John McCain And Lindsey Graham
Oct. 6, 2014
The airstrikes and other actions President Obama is taking against Islamic State deserve bipartisan support. They are beginning to degrade the terrorist group, also known as ISIS, but will not destroy it, for one reason above all: The administration still has no effective policy to remove Bashar Assad from power and end the conflict in Syria.

At the time I thought the 2008 election presented us with the worse presidential choice ever. Nothing has convinced me yet that we weren't screwed from the start.

Syrians are already asking why we’re bombing ISIS but not stopping Assad’s attacks on them. Good question.

By John McCain And Lindsey Graham
Oct. 6, 2014
The airstrikes and other actions President Obama is taking against Islamic State deserve bipartisan support. They are beginning to degrade the terrorist group, also known as ISIS, but will not destroy it, for one reason above all: The administration still has no effective policy to remove Bashar Assad from power and end the conflict in Syria.

Remove Assad and then what? Do you think the caliphate just magically disappears. Dumb.

Forum List

Back