🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Muslim Explains Why He Almost Became a Jihadi

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Michael Muhammad Knight was number 13 of 20 children born in 1977 to a Pentecostal preacher in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. His first exposure to Islam came at age 13 when he was introduced to Malcolm X through the lyrics of hip-hop. Knight converted to Islam at 15, the same year he met his father for the first time since he was two; dad revealed he was a white supremacist. At 17 Michael migrated to Islamabad to pursue his studies in Islam.

He understands why westerners are joining movements like IS:

"You see, I’m the jihadi who never was.

"Twenty years ago, I ditched my Catholic high school in upstate New York to study at a Saudi-funded madrassa in Pakistan. A fresh convert, I jumped at the chance to live at a mosque and study Qur’an all day.

"This was in the mid-1990s, during an escalation of the Chechen resistance against Russian rule. After class, we’d turn on the television and watch feeds of destruction and suffering.

"The videos were upsetting.

"So upsetting that soon I found myself thinking about abandoning my religious education to pick up a gun and fight for Chechen freedom.

"It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight, but rather my American values.

"I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s. I learned from G.I. Joe cartoons to (in the words of the theme song) 'fight for freedom, wherever there’s trouble.'

"I assumed that individuals had the right — and the duty — to intervene anywhere on the planet where they perceived threats to freedom, justice and equality."

Ultimately, some very conservative Muslims at Michael's madrassa reminded him of Muhammad's statement "the ink of scholars was holier than the blood of martyrs."

Michael obtained a master's degree from Harvard University and is currently a Ph.D student in Islamic Studies at UNC at Chapel Hill.

I understand why Westerners are joining jihadi movements like ISIS. I was almost one of them. - The Washington Post

Wow a near terrorist is teaching Kids at UNC. Keep that in mind parents.
To which Michael might respond:

"Like so many Americans moved by their love of country to serve in the armed forces,

"I yearned to fight oppression and protect the safety and dignity of others.

"I believed that this world was in bad shape.

"I placed my faith in somewhat magical solutions claiming that the world could be fixed by a renewal of authentic Islam and a truly Islamic system of government.

"But I also believed that working toward justice was more valuable than my own life."

I understand why Westerners are joining jihadi movements like ISIS. I was almost one of them. - The Washington Post

"It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight

"I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s.

Fucking Wrongpublicans, I knew they were all terrorists. Reagan is to blame for ISIS and all jihadi groups worldwide.

Yet another problem the Gray Old Party created yet seeks to falsely pin on President Obama.

"It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight

Fucking Wrongpublicans, I knew they were all terrorists. Reagan is to blame for ISIS and all jihadi groups worldwide.

Yet another problem the Gray Old Party created yet seeks to falsely pin on President Obama.

He studied at Yale and studied the Koran, yet he missed the part of the jihadists killing all the innocent victims in their rage. All of the Christians who would not convert, innocent bystanders and people in buildings, probably innocent Muslims who just happened to be in the way. He's no genius. No Muslims are.

innocent Muslims

Stopped reading there. There's literally no such thing as an "innocent Muslim"; by definition, they are all evil, blood-thirsty terrorists who want to convert or kill every non-Muslim on the planet.

Nice attempt at taqiyya though, Ahmed.

innocent Muslims

Stopped reading there. There's literally no such thing as an "innocent Muslim"; by definition, they are all evil, blood-thirsty terrorists who want to convert or kill every non-Muslim on the planet.

By "innocent muslim", I meant one that did not engage in the movement of terrorism. I would guess there are a few who do not believe in terrorism. And those I would guess should take a second look at their religion and convert. However, I would guess it is pretty risky business to profess you conversion to the public. Leaving the country would be the best way to do it.

And no, I am not a Muslim, and my real name is not Ahmed, :lmao:

innocent Muslims

By "innocent muslim", I meant one that did not engage in the movement of terrorism.

ALL Muslims engage in terrorism. ALL Muslims support terrorism. ALL Muslims are terrorists. The end.

I would guess there are a few who do not believe in terrorism. And those I would guess should take a second look at their religion and convert.

Wrong. All of them do, it's part of their religion.

However, I would guess it is pretty risky business to profess you conversion to the public. Leaving the country would be the best way to do it.

Correct. Muslim countries notoriously reject all forms of dissent. They slaughter non-Muslims wherever they find them 100% of the time. It's their way. This is literally what Islam teaches and what all Muslims do.

More taqiyya. You've lost already, Ahmed. Try again tomorrow.

innocent Muslims

By "innocent muslim", I meant one that did not engage in the movement of terrorism.

ALL Muslims engage in terrorism. ALL Muslims support terrorism. ALL Muslims are terrorists. The end.

I would guess there are a few who do not believe in terrorism. And those I would guess should take a second look at their religion and convert.

However, I would guess it is pretty risky business to profess you conversion to the public. Leaving the country would be the best way to do it.

Correct. Muslim countries notoriously reject all forms of dissent. They slaughter non-Muslims wherever they find them 100% of the time. It's their way. This is literally what Islam teaches and what all Muslims do.

You are too much. Fiction becomes you. :)

innocent Muslims

You are too much. Fiction becomes you. :)

Surprise surprise, yet another Moonslim having his taqiyya cover blown calls me a liar and changes the topic, without ever responding to my entirely accurate charges.

Yet, thirteen months after his "red line" for Assad, Obama is planning to bomb Syria after all; all Administrations since Reagan's have funded, armed, and trained the most militant Islamists they could find?

Michael Muhammad Knight was number 13 of 20 children born in 1977 to a Pentecostal preacher in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. His first exposure to Islam came at age 13 when he was introduced to Malcolm X through the lyrics of hip-hop. Knight converted to Islam at 15, the same year he met his father for the first time since he was two; dad revealed he was a white supremacist. At 17 Michael migrated to Islamabad to pursue his studies in Islam.

"Twenty years ago, I ditched my Catholic high school in upstate New York to study at a Saudi-funded madrassa in Pakistan. A fresh convert, I jumped at the chance to live at a mosque and study Qur’an all day.

"This was in the mid-1990s, during an escalation of the Chechen resistance against Russian rule. After class, we’d turn on the television and watch feeds of destruction and suffering.

"So upsetting that soon I found myself thinking about abandoning my religious education to pick up a gun and fight for Chechen freedom.

"It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight, but rather my American values.

"I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s. I learned from G.I. Joe cartoons to (in the words of the theme song) 'fight for freedom, wherever there’s trouble.'

"I assumed that individuals had the right — and the duty — to intervene anywhere on the planet where they perceived threats to freedom, justice and equality."

Ultimately, some very conservative Muslims at Michael's madrassa reminded him of Muhammad's statement "the ink of scholars was holier than the blood of martyrs."

Michael obtained a master's degree from Harvard University and is currently a Ph.D student in Islamic Studies at UNC at Chapel Hill.

And the question remains:

Was Michael Knight more dangerous to America as an Islamic martyr (Jihadi) or is he more of a potential threat as a respected member of Western academia who has the ability to influence others to embrace Islam and help further the goal of bringing America down from within?

He studied at Yale and studied the Koran, yet he missed the part of the jihadists killing all the innocent victims in their rage. All of the Christians who would not convert, innocent bystanders and people in buildings, probably innocent Muslims who just happened to be in the way. He's no genius. No Muslims are.
How would you know?

"For me, wanting to go to Chechnya wasn’t reducible to my 'Muslim rage' or 'hatred for the West.'

"This may be hard to believe, but I thought about the war in terms of compassion. Like so many Americans moved by their love of country to serve in the armed forces, I yearned to fight oppression and protect the safety and dignity of others.

"I believed that this world was in bad shape.

"I placed my faith in somewhat magical solutions claiming that the world could be fixed by a renewal of authentic Islam and a truly Islamic system of government.

"But I also believed that working toward justice was more valuable than my own life."

1.7 billion Muslims on this planet and only a tiny percentage are committing the crimes you WHINE constantly about.

Maybe your bigotry is blinding you to reality?

And the question remains:

Was Michael Knight more dangerous to America as an Islamic martyr (Jihadi) or is he more of a potential threat as a respected member of Western academia who has the ability to influence others to embrace Islam and help further the goal of bringing America down from within?
Why would any rational person believe all US Muslims want to destroy America from within?

innocent Muslims

Consider these words by Brigitte Gabriel regarding moderate and extremist Muslims and how we should regard the moderates.

where in the world does islam promote any of that?

where in the world does islam promote any of that?
Apparently, it doesn't.

Forum List

Back