US NEWS : Top states to live . A sea of blue!

In your case, I'd recommend Hawaii...

It's a long swim from there to civilization

Those surveys usually bias toward access to large cities. Big cities are blue.

IMG_0516.JPG

Those surveys usually bias toward access to large cities. Big cities are blue.

We are talking states . Who cares if a city is blue, it's state gov that drives the boat.

By the way, the red state all stars of the Dakotas don't even have any real cities .

What Goes Into the Overall Score?
  • Health Care 18%
    The highest weighted ranking looks at health care access and affordability, health care quality and health outcomes for citizens.

See Health Care Rankings »
  • Education 16%
    The education rankings measure how well states educate students in preschool, K-12 and different levels of higher education.

See Education Rankings »

• Crime & Corrections 14%

Crime & Corrections ranks states based on public safety and the quality and fairness of their prison systems, including racial bias.

See Crime & Corrections Rankings »

• Infrastructure 14%
    The infrastructure rankings gauge the quality of states' bridges, public transportation, power grids, broadband and more.

See Infrastructure Rankings »
  • Opportunity 14%
    This ranking measures poverty, housing affordability and equality for women, minorities and people with disabilities.

us news n world report came out with their first "best states to live in" list . #1 liberal capital Massachusetts. 7 of top ten and most of the top 20 and liberal blue states

Coincidence ??? I think not.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings
Boston is a great town. Love the seafood and the Red Sox, but you better make a lot of money to live there comfortably. The weather really sucks though.

us news n world report came out with their first "best states to live in" list . #1 liberal capital Massachusetts. 7 of top ten and most of the top 20 and liberal blue states

Boston is a great town. Love the seafood and the Red Sox, but you better make a lot of money to live there comfortably. The weather really sucks though.
Glad I have no interest in living in San Fernado.

A Twitter employee making $160,000 a year says he's only scraping by in San Francisco

There is already another thread on this about Massachusetts.

But thank you for the whole list.

My own list is as follows:

1 - Florida (Hawaii is too small -- I would get island fever there)

2 - Colorado

3 - Utah

4 - Arizona

5 - Nevada

6 - Wash State

7 - Oregon

8 - Maine

9 - Vermont

10 - New Hampshire

Glad I have no interest in living in San Fernado.

A Twitter employee making $160,000 a year says he's only scraping by in San Francisco
California cost of living is out of control.

What Goes Into the Overall Score?
  • Health Care 18%
    The highest weighted ranking looks at health care access and affordability, health care quality and health outcomes for citizens.

See Health Care Rankings »
  • Education 16%
    The education rankings measure how well states educate students in preschool, K-12 and different levels of higher education.

See Education Rankings »

• Crime & Corrections 14%

Crime & Corrections ranks states based on public safety and the quality and fairness of their prison systems, including racial bias.

See Crime & Corrections Rankings »

• Infrastructure 14%
    The infrastructure rankings gauge the quality of states' bridges, public transportation, power grids, broadband and more.

See Infrastructure Rankings »
  • Opportunity 14%
    This ranking measures poverty, housing affordability and equality for women, minorities and people with disabilities.
The criteria is why the big cities get a large score. States with small cities and rural areas don't have much in the way of crime many areas don't even have a prison. Little consideration is given to efforts addressing women, or p poc marks, or even those with disabilities. Everyone makes do.

Forum List

Back