US poised to see record drop in yearly homicides

:oops8:

DC 2023 Year End Crime Data​

Year-end 2023 data accurate as of January 1, 2024.

Offense20222023Percent Change
Homicide20127435%
Sex Abuse1841851%
Assault w/ a Dangerous Weapon1,3871,4071%
Robbery2,0763,47067%
Violent Crime - Total3,8505,33639%
Burglary1,0541,0924%
Motor Vehicle Theft3,7566,82982%
Theft from Auto7,8277,7970%
Theft (Other)10,81413,34923%
Arson411175%
Property Crime - Total23,45529,07824%
All Crime - Total27,30534,41426%

Outlier.

Homicides in Detroit at a SIXTY year low.

'It is historic': US poised to see record drop in yearly homicides despite public concern over crime​

With 2023 ticking down, the nation is poised to finish the year with its biggest annual drop in homicides on record, according to preliminary data from law enforcement agencies both large and small.

The homicide rate in the United States is expected to plummet nearly 13% compared to 2022, meaning more than 2,000 fewer people were the victims of homicide this year, Jeff Asher, a national crime analyst, told ABC News.

The drop in homicides comes as more than three-quarters of Americans say there is more crime in the U.S. than a year ago and more than half of Americans say the same about crime in their local area, according to a Gallup poll released last month. Adding to that perception is the annual National Crime Victimization Survey published this month by the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics that found the number of violent crime victims nationwide climbed from 16.5 per 1,000 people in 2021 to 23.5 per 1,000 in 2022.

View attachment 883036

This is what's reallly happening under the Biden/Harris administratiion. You can f up and put trump back in if you want. But I'm voting for Biden.
You're voting for a racist, but that's fine because he's a democrat. In less surprising news, the sun shone on the Sahara desert today.

Now, if crime really is dropping, that's a good thing. It would be interesting, though, to know just what the Keystone Kops in the White House did to make it happen.

This is a victory for the pro-gun side of the argument. More guns =/= more crime, apparently.

'It is historic': US poised to see record drop in yearly homicides despite public concern over crime​

With 2023 ticking down, the nation is poised to finish the year with its biggest annual drop in homicides on record, according to preliminary data from law enforcement agencies both large and small.

The homicide rate in the United States is expected to plummet nearly 13% compared to 2022, meaning more than 2,000 fewer people were the victims of homicide this year, Jeff Asher, a national crime analyst, told ABC News.

The drop in homicides comes as more than three-quarters of Americans say there is more crime in the U.S. than a year ago and more than half of Americans say the same about crime in their local area, according to a Gallup poll released last month. Adding to that perception is the annual National Crime Victimization Survey published this month by the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics that found the number of violent crime victims nationwide climbed from 16.5 per 1,000 people in 2021 to 23.5 per 1,000 in 2022.

View attachment 883036

This is what's reallly happening under the Biden/Harris administratiion. You can f up and put trump back in if you want. But I'm voting for Biden.
You mean the cities started to enforce the law more although unevenly and these things dropped from record levels.

View attachment 883036

Hmmmm...at the same time we have record gun buying, in particular among women and minorities.....

If these stats are true, and not just the police refusing to do their jobs for the fear of being destroyed by the democrats.....and democrat party prosecutors and judges refusing to indict actual criminals...

Then riddle me this........(irrational, anti-gun extremists)

Why did record breaking gun buying and record breaking gun carrying, and over 22 million people carrying guns in public for self defense not increase the gun murder rate?

To make this clear because anti-gun extremists are dupes and liars.....

Anti-gun extremists....can you explain why it is that the gun murder rate is going down, even as more and more Americans are buying.....and carrying......more and more guns....?

I don't believe this for a minute

Yep......funny how it just happens to coincide with the upcoming election.......

What will be hilarious when they "recalibrate," and "update," the statistics after the election....

Hmmmm...at the same time we have record gun buying, in particular among women and minorities.....

If these stats are true, and not just the police refusing to do their jobs for the fear of being destroyed by the democrats.....and democrat party prosecutors and judges refusing to indict actual criminals...

Why did record breaking gun buying and record breaking gun carrying, and over 22 million people carrying guns in public for self defense not increase the gun murder rate?

Anti-gun extremists....can you explain why it is that the gun murder rate is going down, even as more and more Americans are buying.....and carrying......more and more guns....?
Prediction: They'll wait until crime goes up in a year, then start screeching how that proves more guns = more crime.

We have more guns than people. That's crazy.. The number of guns have nothing to do with the reduction.

View attachment 883036

Yet violent crimes ineased by an even larger margin than murders went down. Crime is skyrocketing because of democrats in democrat cities dont know how to fight crime.

We have more guns than people. That's crazy.. The number of guns have nothing to do with the reduction.

And you didn't respond to my actual question because my question shows you have no argument......

Why did record breaking gun buying and record breaking gun carrying, and over 22 million people carrying guns in public for self defense, not increase the gun murder rate?

View attachment 883036

I blame George Soros.

The blacks have killed so many of each other that they are running out of people to kill.

View attachment 883036

How about comparing them to the Trump years? I double dog dare you.

I wish the OP would do fucking research before posting reposted threads. Using the same god damn articles, too.

It would seem then that the number of guns doesn't directly impact crime statistics. Is that what you're saying?

It would seem then that the number of guns doesn't directly impact crime statistics. Is that what you're saying?
What it shows is that we have way too many guns.

Forum List

Back