US Soccer reaches agreement to pay its women's and men's teams equally

Womens football is growing in popularity here but I admit I have little interest in it.

Its been taken up by the bigger clubs and they run it at a loss. They must see a future in it or they wouldnt waste their money.

Actually they do it to keep woke assholes like you off their backs, and for no other reason.

They should paid based on the revenue they bring in minus expenses. As I understand it they women play a heck of a lot more matches and friendlies because they kinda have to. They can't make a living playing professionally. The men all play professionally and make a very good income.

Now during the actual World Cup could the women actually out earn the men relative to eyeballs watching, sure if the men tank early and the women play more matches into the finals. But seriously if the Men are playing a match at the same time as the women or during the WC in general the Men outdraw the Women significantly. There is a reason there is no profitable professional women's soccer league.
American men have a difficult time competing in the world with many nations having men's soccer as a national sport. American women do not have that problem. They are some of the luckiest athletes ever in that regard. There were/are only a small amount of real competitive women's world teams. The talent drops fast.

Womens football is growing in popularity here but I admit I have little interest in it.

Its been taken up by the bigger clubs and they run it at a loss. They must see a future in it or they wouldnt waste their money.

There's for sure a future in it, but many of the players are still gonna need other jobs.

Forum List

Back