US Soldier Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

Afghans say Taliban prisoners freed by U.S. will rejoin battle...Obuma NEVER thinks of unforeseen circumstances.... how many American soldiers will these scum kill???

Sigh. I would certainly trade V for a prisoner of war.

Afghans say Taliban prisoners freed by U.S. will rejoin battle...Obuma NEVER thinks of unforeseen circumstances.... how many American soldiers will these scum kill???

Sigh. I would certainly trade V for a prisoner of war.

Better for the country to dispatch you along with the scum released. We need more critical thinkers, such as yourself, to REALLY fuck us up! We DO NOT TRADE prisoners, it's a sure sign of weakness as already noted and used as propaganda by the Taliban!

Last edited:
Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl may have been an American soldier but he objected to the U.S. mission in Afghanistan. His capture was either the result of extreme negligence or willful abandonment of his position. There is nothing honorable in the way he was captured.

“He deployed to Afghanistan in 2009 full of idealistic conviction that he and his comrades could push back the Taliban and improve life in the long-subjugated country. But hopefulness soon gave way to despair after his unit began to take casualties and he saw how US troops treated the Afghans they were supposed to be saving.

“'These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid,' he wrote in an email to his parents on June 27, 2009.

“Three days later, according to Rolling Stone, the 23-year-old soldier simply walked off his base in Patika province, carrying a knife, his diary and a small camera.”

Bowe Bergdahl: a darker story behind the release of America's last prisoner of war - Telegraph

The five prisoners that were released in exchange for Bergdahl are not low level minions. They are men of power and influence and are considered to be extremely dangerous to US interests.. According to The Weekly Standard published June, 2014, two of the prisoners, Mullah Mohammad Fazl (Taliban army chief of staff) and Mullah Norullah Noori (senior Taliban military commander) are wanted by the UN for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of shiites. Additionally, “Fazl worked closely with a top al Qaeda commander named Abdul Hadi al Iraqi, who headed al Qaeda’s main fighting unit in Afghanistan prior to 9/11 and is currently detained at Guantanamo” and “Noori fought alongside al Qaeda as a Taliban military general, against the Northern alliance.” He continued to work closely with al Qaeda in the years that followed.”

The third prisoner was Abdul Haq Wasiq (Taliban deputy minister of intelligence). “Wasiq was central to the Taliban's efforts to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups to fight alongside the Taliban against U.S. and Coalition forces after the 11 September 2001 attacks, according to a leaked JTF-GTMO threat assessment.”

The fourth prisoner was Khairullah Khairkhwa (Taliban governor of the Herat province and former interior minister). “JTF-GTMO found that Khairkhwa was likely a major drug trafficker and deeply in bed with al Qaeda. He allegedly oversaw one of Osama bin Laden’s training facilities in Herat.”

The fifth was Mohammed Nabi (senior Taliban figure and security official). According to the Weekly Standard, “Nabi was a senior Taliban official who served in multiple leadership roles. Nabi had strong operational ties to Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM) groups including al Qaeda, the Taliban, the Haqqani Network, and the Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin (HIG), some of whom remain active in ACM activities.” Intelligence cited in the JTF-GTMO files indicates that Nabi held weekly meetings with al Qaeda operatives to coordinate attacks against U.S.-led forces.”

Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive | The Weekly Standard (details about released prisoners on page 2)

Some USMB posters believe the alleged terrorists should have been released years ago because they were never convicted of any crime. That is a fair observation and I am also against the indefinite detention of any person regardless of the accusations against them. I believe that everyone is entitled to a timely and fair trial; therefore, we should either try or release every one of the GTMO detainees. However, it is the official policy of the Obama administration that a person can be killed without going through a formal judicial process when necessary to protect the interest of the US. I suggest that if a person can be killed without judicial process they can certainly be detained – even indefinitely – for the same purpose and using the same criteria. If Obama kept them imprisoned without compelling cause he is heartless and if these men are truly a danger to the US, as I believe they are, their release will come back to haunt us.

My question is: Why now? Why not years ago? Did it really take this long to cut such a deal? I can't be sure but it sure sounds like pure politics.

Fellow Soldiers Call Bowe Bergdahl a Deserter, Not a Hero

*CNN ^
The sense
of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him -- veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose "selfish act" ended up costing the lives of better men. "I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sergeant Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching...

I will not make any predictions or pronouncements about the soldier in question. The Army will make it's decision when the facts are known and it's foolish for anyone here to think they know any facts.
That aside, a deadly, stupid, boneheaded mistake was made by negotiating with animalistic terrorists for a prisoner exchange. We sold Uncle Sams soul to blackmailers and I will never forget or forgive that. The damage is done, never to be repaired.

I will not make any predictions or pronouncements about the soldier in question. The Army will make it's decision when the facts are known and it's foolish for anyone here to think they know any facts.
That aside, a deadly, stupid, boneheaded mistake was made by negotiating with animalistic terrorists for a prisoner exchange. We sold Uncle Sams soul to blackmailers and I will never forget or forgive that. The damage is done, never to be repaired.

The army will NOT make any decision. Any decision that is made will be made by America's Apologist-in-Chief and then only for reasons of political expediency.

The negotiations resulted in only one thing:

An American minimum wage guarantee for terrorists. They know they can get at least five of their own for each American they grab. Now they'll be competing to see which of their offshoots can get the most. Failing that? Look for them to go for quantity rather than quality.

We have been sold.

If figures that the Hussein would release 5 of the worst Gitmo inmates for a shitbag liberal deserter.

Then welcome the deserter back as a hero. Of course, someone who abandonded their post and cost the lives of six other soldiers who went looking for them is a hero to liberals.

Although the status of the U.S soldier is still in question.

The fact is that 5 detainees who had been imprisoned for over a decade in the Gitmo gulag and never charged or convicted of anything were freed.

It was the right thing to do. ... :cool:

was it.....i reacted as a mother at first...a mother gets her son home...but now i realize this had made all americans more of a target.....now pows are greater pawns in this war...it is so much smoke and mirrors...

I don't understand the logic of people who say this will encourage the militants to seek the capture of more US soldiers?

They have always sought to capture American soldiers.....which would be a very difficult task.

The only reason the Taliban were able to nab this guy is because he was an idiot who walked of the base. .. :cool:

was it.....i reacted as a mother at first...a mother gets her son home...but now i realize this had made all americans more of a target.....now pows are greater pawns in this war...it is so much smoke and mirrors...

You mean when Reagan kiboshed the deal to get the hostages released to make Carter look bad..and get himself elected, then gave up weapons for hostages, THAT didn't put Americans more at risk?

:lol:

Obama doesn't give a shit if he helps terrorists by trading for some traitor for so-called "positive news" on TV to cover up the numerous scandals.

I think by this time he realizes that no matter what he does there is a small core part of the population and a gerrymandered house that doesn't give a shit.

o hell please nigga...we cant do shit about reagan but we can set some type of standards for today and the future.....the arms for hostages deal sucked...we shall see about this one..unforunately the prior admins handing of the tillman murder has put everyone off on trusting the military or the government to investigate themselves

Oh please what?

Although Reagan was made to "apologize" for doing something he said he never "knew about", this country names all sorts of things after him.

And if you don't think the world is watching..especially that part of the world that's mad at us?

I have some fine Florida real estate for sale.

Last edited:
We all know Obama has been trying to figure out how to give aid and comfort to the terrorists he has released. He's finally figured out a way.

JWK

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort

You mean when Reagan kiboshed the deal to get the hostages released to make Carter look bad..and get himself elected, then gave up weapons for hostages, THAT didn't put Americans more at risk?

:lol:
Warren Christopher negotiated the release of the hostages who were freed literally 20 minutes Reagan completed the oath of office. WTF are you talking about?!

"On January 20, 1981, at the moment Reagan completed his 20‑minute inaugural address after being sworn in as President, the 52 American hostages were released by Iran into U.S. custody, having spent 444 days in captivity"

Iran hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm with the cons on this one. Obama should have made a speech to the nation announcing that he intended to leave Bergdahl to the Taliban. No effort to secure his release should have been made since he deserted his post and could be a Muslim sympathizer.

If he had done that instead of making this deadly and illegal swap, conservative Americans would have been eager to voice their approval! Obama blew another chance to reach across the aisle and work with conservatives!

Attacking the soldier and his family...unpatriotic fucks. Maybe wait until he makes it home and the investigation is over....

Just a thought.

It's the nature of conservatives.

They are scorpions on the backs of frogs.

They enjoy this.

I told you fools to put away your broad brushes,,,,All you do is prove you have your head up Obamas ass....

Just FYI...

I wouldn't have made the deal for the soldier simply because what do you say to the next set of parents who has a daughter or son taken captive and you don't do this immediately?

Not sure why conservatives believe that if you're not calling for Mr. Obama to be impeached, tarred and feathered and beheaded you're some how in love with the guy but lets set that aside for a moment.

When is the last time you heard even a casual compliment of the President from a conservative? I would bet there hasn't been one and if there had, it was a lone voice in the wilderness.

It cuts both ways.

This sack of shit deserted and caused the death of 6 soldiers while looking for him!

FFS, what is Obama thinking? He's given up on his legacy for a God-damned photo-op?!

The sense of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him -- veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose "selfish act" ended up costing the lives of better men.
"I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

...At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for Bergdahl, and many soldiers in his platoon said attacks seemed to increase against the United States in Paktika Province in the days and weeks following his disappearance.

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero - CNN.com

Forum List

Back