US woman killed hours after sister attended Barack Obama gun violence speech

And Obama will even send someone to attend the funeral, just as he did the other girl, turn it into a rally for Gun Control and still everyone will ignore the fact that they didn't send anyone to attend the funeral of an American hero, Chris Kyle, who had dedicated his civilian life with helping Vets with PTSD.

This is a tragedy. May God bless her and her family.

Now, as for the bigger issue of the insane crime in Chicago:

WHAT can be done? Well, for a few years now when talking law enforcement issues at the local level, right wingers have said local issues are LOCAL issues, that the Feds have no authority to intervene with money, aid, etc. It isn't allowable under the Constitution..they say. So, a police department with major budget issues? Nope. The Feds aren't supposed to drop money into it. That is the state's job, or county's job, or the city's job. Not the Feds. Not Obama.

So, this is a Chicago problem, and Illinois problem. That city, that state, must figure it out. At one time, Obama was a senator in that state, and he didn't do much if anything about it then. But now? Well, now he is the president of the USA. Its no longer his job or concern.......local crime issues that is.

Unless, of course, right wingers are going to change course now, and say that local law enforcement issues ARE the worry of the Feds now?

And Obama will even send someone to attend the funeral, just as he did the other girl, turn it into a rally for Gun Control and still everyone will ignore the fact that they didn't send anyone to attend the funeral of an American hero, Chris Kyle, who had dedicated his civilian life with helping Vets with PTSD.

By taking them to the shooting range. Which shows how incredibly idiotic the practice was..

Because it cost him his life.

More armed people in public is the key. The right wing has convinced me, that a society with MORE people packing loaded guns is really the answer to safety.

Which confuses me.....since every single gun show in America has a front door with 2 cops and a big sign that says "NO LOADED WEAPONS ALLOWED".

Hmmmmm.

I dont see the irony here. Someone goes to a speech and someone else gets shot. That happens all the time. Now, if she had gone to the speech and then shot it might be newsworthy.

Outrage fail. In any case none of Obama's proposals would have prevented the shooting.

What would have stopped this shooting? Well, a lot, like parenting. Or the shithead just deciding not to do it. But, aside from pure personal responsiblity from parents/thugs.........

- Better morale at Chicago PD
- Better staffing at Chicago PD
- Better funding at Chicago PD
- Better training at Chicago PD

We use the "throw money at it" solution to solve violence in Baghdad and Kabul. But criticize the idea of throwing money at violence in our own cities.

This is a tragedy. May God bless her and her family.

Now, as for the bigger issue of the insane crime in Chicago:

WHAT can be done? Well, for a few years now when talking law enforcement issues at the local level, right wingers have said local issues are LOCAL issues, that the Feds have no authority to intervene with money, aid, etc. It isn't allowable under the Constitution..they say. So, a police department with major budget issues? Nope. The Feds aren't supposed to drop money into it. That is the state's job, or county's job, or the city's job. Not the Feds. Not Obama.

So, this is a Chicago problem, and Illinois problem. That city, that state, must figure it out. At one time, Obama was a senator in that state, and he didn't do much if anything about it then. But now? Well, now he is the president of the USA. Its no longer his job or concern.......local crime issues that is.

Unless, of course, right wingers are going to change course now, and say that local law enforcement issues ARE the worry of the Feds now?

The problem with Chicago, as with most major U.S. cities, is CORRUPTION, from the mayor's office all the way down to the beat cop.

I am a so-called "right-winger", and I have no problem with local law enforcement agencies receiving federal aid for whatever the local law enforcement agencies need to upgrade their departments.

The federal government has appropriated BILLIONS of dollars to local law enforcement departments around the country since 9/11. A lot of that money was misappropriated, misused, and ended up missing.

Like anything else, if the OVERSIGHT is lacking, then a lot of the money simply disappears.

It's always easy for "left wingers" like YOU to point fingers, assign blame, make sweeping generalized statements, and in the end, offer the same solution to any and all problems: THROW MONEY AT IT.

Last edited:
What would have stopped this shooting? Well, a lot, like parenting. Or the shithead just deciding not to do it. But, aside from pure personal responsiblity from parents/thugs.........

We use the "throw money at it" solution to solve violence in Baghdad and Kabul. But criticize the idea of throwing money at violence in our own cities.

Do you have some sort of "inside information" on the morale, staffing, funding, and training problems in the Chicago Police Department?

Or are you making SWEEPING assumptions, like you always do with ANY topic?

Are you aware that Chicago has been a crime MECCA for over a century, and NOTHING has changed?

She was killed in Chicago.

Hey. Doesn't Chicago have some of the toughest gun law in the country??

Thought so.

More armed people in public is the key. The right wing has convinced me, that a society with MORE people packing loaded guns is really the answer to safety.

Didn't seem to work in the "wild west."

That's why they called it the "wild west."

You might want to research that. There was far less killing then you think.
Stop reading Louis L'Amore and pick up a history book.

I doubt most people would object to taking funds used for welfare and directing it to the PD.

What say you?

You might want to research that. There was far less killing then you think.
Stop reading Louis L'Amore and pick up a history book.

Never read mr. L'Amore
minored in history

Next

I doubt most people would object to taking funds used for welfare and directing it to the PD.

What say you?

:clap2:

I absolutely support that. In fact, if the GOP started pushing that, I'd start voting for them again. Plus, the more welfare you take away, the more cops you're gonna need anyway.

Forum List

Back