Users supporting H.R.1868 (473)

I agree about enforcement of the laws.

In this case the Constitution clearly states anyone born in the U.S. is a U.S. Citizen.

Therefore, if we believe that children of illegal aliens should not be given citizenship, then we need to change the law in the appropriate manner. IMHO

Immie

iTS TIME TO CHANGE THAT

Because we've seen through history what a good idea it is to have citizenship be based on blood.

what percentage of jewish blood made someone a jew in nazi germany? more than 1/8?

yeah...that works real well.
Compare the benifits for women having a baby in america to having one in mexico, should you, me, or any other taxpayer pay for those benefits she and the kid will get from the gov. I don't

iTS TIME TO CHANGE THAT

Because we've seen through history what a good idea it is to have citizenship be based on blood.

what percentage of jewish blood made someone a jew in nazi germany? more than 1/8?

Compare the benifits for women having a baby in america to having one in mexico, should you, me, or any other taxpayer pay for those benefits she and the kid will get from the gov. I don't

I agree there's a problem. The solution you're seeking is dangerous. That was my point. Find a better solution. Don't support one that has ramifications far beyond anything you're contemplating.

iTS TIME TO CHANGE THAT

Yes its terrible that the poor of the world would want their child born here. Or is it just people of spanish descent?

I do we now propose to tell members who are serving in the US Military that they cannot return to the very nation they are defending because their parents came here illegally?

Navy, you're an idiot. Per the constitution, the law would not be retroactive.
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Article 1 Section 9

So ,

Go fuck yourself, Mr Herring, you sack of shit.

Stop rewarding the wetbacks for breaking the law.

Amendment XIV, Section 1, Clause 1:

“ All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

The 14th amendment was not legally ratified and was written to free slaves, not to reward wetbacks anyway.

Legal scholar Gene Healy has made a powerful argument in favor of abolishing the Fourteenth Amend- ment to the US Constitution. When a fair vote was taken on it in 1865, in the aftermath of the War for Southern Independence, it was rejected by the Southern states and all the border states. Failing to secure the necessary three-fourths of the states, the Republican party, which controlled Congress, passed the Reconstruction Act of 1867 which placed the entire South under military rule.
The purpose of this, according to one Republican congressman, was to coerce Southern legislators to vote for the amendment "at the point of a bayonet." President Andrew Johnson called this tactic "absolute despotism," the likes of which had not been exercised by any British monarch "for more than 500 years." For his outspokenness Johnson was impeached by the Republican Congress.
The South eventually voted to ratify the amendment, after which two Northern states-Ohio and New Jersey-withdrew support because of their disgust with Republican party tyranny. The Republicans just ignored this and declared the amendment valid despite their failure to secure the constitutionally-required three-fourths majority.

The 14th Amendment Was NOT Ratified

United States v. Wong Kim Ark

The evident intention, and the necessary effect, of the submission of this case to the decision of the court upon the facts agreed by the parties were to present for determination the single question stated at the beginning of this opinion, namely, whether a child born in the United States, of parent of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China, becomes at the time of his birth a citizen of the United States. For the reasons above stated, this court is of opinion that the question must be answered in the affirmative.

Order affirmed.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark

The United States Congress proposed the Fourteenth Amendment on June 13, 1866 and on July 9, 1868 three-fourths of the states (28 of 37) had ratified the amendment

First let me say this, had you bothered to read what I posted you would have seen that for the most part I agree in principle with the idea. Rather than do that however, you decided to engage in name calling which I have zero respect for and even further zero tolerence for. That said, my statement on US Military members both citizens and non-citizens still applies to laws proposed laws like these. Did you stop and think for a moment in your advocacy for sending them all home that some of these members in the military might just be non-citizens and be married to non-citizens that have those children you wish to export for this nation? If you had bothered to read a little further into what I posted you would also have in your obvious google searches run across the following.

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or

Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

The fourteenth amendment to the constitution is not confined to the protection of citizens. It says: 'Nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.' These provisions are universal in their application, to all persons within the territorial jurisdiction, without regard to any differences of race, of color, or of nationality; and the equal protection of the laws is a pledge of the protection of equal laws. It is accordingly enacted by section 1977 of the Revised Statutes that 'all persons within the jurisdiction of the United States shall have the same right, in every state and territory, to make and enforce contracts, to sue, be parties, give evidence, and to the full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of persons and property as is enjoyed by white citizens, and shall be subject to like punishment, pains, penalties, taxes, licenses, and exactions of every kind, and to no other.'
About.com: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=118&invol=356

Further before you decided to engage in your rant you would have seen, that I actually advocate enforcing these laws . I also made it clear that rather than crafting more useless legislation that does nothing but satisfy the needs of some, it's better off to actually spend the resources to actually enforce the laws we have now. As this will be the last post I will repsond to you with.. I will leave you with the following..

List of Hispanic Medal of Honor recipients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ten recipients were born outside the United States mainland, one each in Chile and Spain, four in Mexico and four in Puerto Rico. Seaman Philip Bazaar from Chile received the medal in January 1865 and Seaman John Ortega from Spain in December 1865. The first native Mexican recipient was Staff Sergeant Marcario Garcia and the first Puerto Rican was PFC Fernando Luis Garcia.[7] 1st Lt. Rudolph B. Davila, of Hispanic-Filipino descent, was the only person of Filipino ancestry to receive the medal for his actions in the war in Europe during World War II.[8] Private Joe P. Martinez was the first Hispanic-American recipient to be awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously for combat heroism on American soil during the same conflict.[9] 1st Lt. Baldomero Lopez, is the only Hispanic graduate of the United States Naval Academy recipient of the Medal of Honor[10]. Captain Humbert Roque Versace was the first recipient of the Medal of Honor to be given to an Army POW for his actions during captivity in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War

The decision formalizes a deal that has seen an estimated 55,000 foreigners become US citizens since 2001, a spokesperson for the country's Citizenship and Immigration Services told AFP.

The lure of US citizenship has drawn thousands of new recruits, many from Latin America, to US forces eager to snap-up personnel to fight wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
AFP: Foreigners in US military get fast-track to citizenship

Something to think about when you advocate for taking citizenship away from children born here rather than enforce the laws we have.

Last edited:

I agree there's a problem. The solution you're seeking is dangerous. That was my point. Find a better solution. Don't support one that has ramifications far beyond anything you're contemplating.

I'm curious... what do you think is being sought here? Please note, I'm not saying I am for or against the proposal.

What ramifications are you concerned about?

My understanding of what the proposal does is that it changes the law to prevent illegal aliens from entering the states, having a child while here which grants citizenship to that child. I'm not yet even arguing whether or not that then means that the child's parents can suck off the U.S. Government's tits... please forgive the vulgarity. ;)

What, if anything, is wrong with that change in your eyes?

Does a child born here have a God given right to citizenship if his/her parents are not citizens? Note: not arguing about the Constitutional Right because right now, it is obvious that the child does have that right. I'm just not sure that there is a good reason for maintaining that right.

I'm not sure about my stance on this and looking for another point of view. I don't see why a baby born here should automatically be granted citizenship.

Immie

Did you stop and think for a moment in your advocacy for sending them all home that some of these members in the military might just be non-citizens and be married to non-citizens

]In order for a non-citizen to enlist in the military, he/she must first be a legal immigrant (with a green card), permanently residing in the United States.

What if I am not a U.S. citizen
Only U.S. citizens or foreign nationals legally residing in the United States with an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card ("Green Card" -- INS Form I-151/551) may apply.
- Joining the Military - Military.com

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or

Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

Unless they drop their spawn on American soil, then they get a free ride and circumvent the legal means on entry, residence, and citizenship.

And you want to make it a race issue?
Something to think about when you advocate for taking citizenship away from children born here rather than enforce the laws we have.

They're not citizens. They're illegals and the spawn of illegals who spit on our sovereignty and use their spawn as a tool to get into America and on the government's teat.

This bill would eliminate birthright citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the U.S. Current U.S. law automatically recognizes any person born on American soil as a natural born citizen. Under the bill, only children with at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident, or an undocumented immigrant serving in the military would be considered citizens. Do you support this bill, if so tell your congress.

Sign me up

I would have a hard time in penalizing a new born for the actions of the parent or parents, nor would I do it. If one or both of the parents comes here illegally, then THEY, should be liable for the consequences by law at the least. But that opens another issue, depriving the new born of one or both of it's real parents.

How exactly is a baby born to illegal parents being penalized if we do not grant it citizenship?

There is no penalty imposed on the child or on future generations as some other idiot stated.

If an illegal has a child in this country, not only should they all be deported but they should be made to pay any and all medical costs. If they don't deport them until the kid has entered school, then the illegals should be made to reimburse the state, town or municipality for the cost of educating their illegal child.

Illegal immigration imposes great financial stress on towns, cities, states and the entire country.

It is a cost we can ill afford to bear any longer.

Point well taken, I am always open to modifying my opinions during a lengthy debate and additional comments that I may not have taken into account. My mind is always open, I can feel the breeze through my ears, and intermittent condition that many suffer :lol:

this bill would eliminate birthright citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the u.s. Current u.s. Law automatically recognizes any person born on american soil as a natural born citizen. Under the bill, only children with at least one parent who is a u.s. Citizen, a legal permanent resident, or an undocumented immigrant serving in the military would be considered citizens. Do you support this bill, if so tell your congress.
this is outrageous!

The us military has illegal aliens serving?

Do glenn beck + lou dobbs, know about this?

I see Navy left after being proven a lying sack of shit.

This is not a partisan issue, it's a national survival issue. If all you can do is rant about party line, you'll accomplish nothing. Deal with the subject, not the political spin.
We need to concentrate on what's good or whats bad for the nation without reference to where or from whom the idea originated.

This is not a partisan issue, it's a national survival issue. If all you can do is rant about party line, you'll accomplish nothing. Deal with the subject, not the political spin.
We need to concentrate on what's good or whats bad for the nation without reference to where or from whom the idea originated.
I don't care whose sockpuppet- er, wingman you are. You make a good point.

☭proletarian☭;1907875 said:
Legal scholar Gene Healy has made a powerful argument in favor of abolishing the Fourteenth Amend- ment to the US Constitution. When a fair vote was taken on it in 1865, in the aftermath of the War for Southern Independence, it was rejected by the Southern states and all the border states. Failing to secure the necessary three-fourths of the states, the Republican party, which controlled Congress, passed the Reconstruction Act of 1867 which placed the entire South under military rule.
The purpose of this, according to one Republican congressman, was to coerce Southern legislators to vote for the amendment "at the point of a bayonet." President Andrew Johnson called this tactic "absolute despotism," the likes of which had not been exercised by any British monarch "for more than 500 years." For his outspokenness Johnson was impeached by the Republican Congress.
The South eventually voted to ratify the amendment, after which two Northern states-Ohio and New Jersey-withdrew support because of their disgust with Republican party tyranny. The Republicans just ignored this and declared the amendment valid despite their failure to secure the constitutionally-required three-fourths majority.

The 14th Amendment Was NOT Ratified

interestingly, healy has a J.D. I'm betting he never passed any bar exam cause with that type of "analysis", I'm pretty sure he didn't get real far in terms of a legal career

The court has rejected that silliness.

Forum List

Back