USMB Coffee Shop IV

Meanwhile....got a notice today in the mail. Rent is going up to 900 per month. Sigh. I told Anne..asked her what she wanted us to do cuz we damn sure can't afford that all by ourselves. She said to pay an extra 50 bucks per month and stay where we are. So....been painting rocks, giving them to Anne for her to sell on Etsy..and she keep the money. That will go towards our portion of the rent and make me feel better. I hate that she is paying half rent and utilities and her not even being here. But, she keeps reminding me that if it weren't for us, she would be burned up. I keep telling her she owes us nothing..that she is my friend and even if she weren't I would not have left her there alone while the town burned and her house took her to her death. Still, she thinks and wants to continue to help us until someone calls with news that we are finally able to get into the housing we are waiting for. It shouldn't be much longer.

I'm alittle peeved we got the rent raise cuz we have only been here 7 months. Kinda soon to be jacking rent up 50 bucks. :mad:

6389a63f5d0067e3d805c95841f6b9cf.jpg

Sorry about the fuzziness. Hands shake now sometimes especially when in flareup mode. They weren't shaking when I painted these last night but they ae now. Hence...fuzzy pic.
Monarchs, if I remember correctly. They are both cool and can satisfy either those who like realism or those who prefer stylistic art. Thank you, Gracie!

I like the colors.
Hey, Dajjal, are you still painting?

No, I am afraid I have given up. My last three attempts at painting were not to my liking.

The picture I posted is not by me. If I was that good I would still be painting.

Well for sure the only reason to paint, unless you HAVE to in order to make a living, is because you enjoy doing it. I don't think it has anything to do with how good you think you are though we all think you're pretty darn good. But if it does not give you any emotional satisfaction or pleasure, then yeah, spend time doing what does.

Well, brought the partner home yesterday. Discharge took hours because they wanted to "train" me how to assist him. He is not independently ambulatory. In other words, I have to help him get up, move around, and get down. He's dressing himself, mostly, but still needs assistance with fastenings and tucking in his shirt, stuff like that. This is not going to be fun. We're going to his first primary care appointment in a few minutes and then it's off to the pharmacy to pick up his meds. I have to make sure I have lots of space because he has an extensive pharmacopeia now.
Check back later. Hope y'all have a beautiful day. It's looking like it will be one of the marvelous, to-live-for summer days here.
I'm so there with you, gallantwarrior. You are on my prayer list for strength in the worst time in life. My prayers are so up for you tonight for all you are going through and have yet to finish, and your health problems hopefully will improve enough to help you do necessary things. Call for help when needed.
You've already been through so much like this, haven't you? I've been a bit of a PIA. I have my own stuff to get done as well as assisting him. (At least he can clean himself, thank goodness for small mercies!) I also just "lectured" him about how easy it is to lapse into the easy life and let himself be waited on. I'm hoping his workaholic nature kicks into overdrive so he'll be motivated to heal himself.
Have a great day Beautress! Today's going to be a gorgeous scorcher, again. Breakfast is over and I've got to get the pard out and about and then located where he can enjoy his day.
Hopefully he can get better. More prayers up, gallantwarrior.

Well I gotta say a big howdy to one of the bravest men I know. A Dallas Cowboy fan in the bosom of Steeler Country! SFC Ollie! March on, Sergeant.

For what it's worth, I texted the schedule for Movie Night at the Learning Center to the woman in charge of the Facebook presence of the Learning Center. I changed it from Wednesday at 7:00 to Thursday at 6:30. Too many Wednesday night church services. Who am I to compete with God and Bingo?

So, with a wider audience in sight, I'm swinging for the fences.

Thursday September 5, Humphrey Bogart and Lorene Bacall in To Have and Have Not. "You know how to whistle don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."

September 12, what I personally consider the sweetest movie ever made, To Kill a Mockingbird.

September 19, melodrama at its best, Joan Crawford as Mildred Pierce. Don't forget about the great character performance of Eve Arden.

On Thursday the 26, Gary Cooper, Grace Kelly in Fred Zinnemann's High Noon.

That's the first month anyway. I am proud to say that the popcorn machine is up and running, well stocked with corn and boxes from which to eat it. So we'll get the fresh popped aroma going for us.

One woman suggested a margarita machine. Wishful thinking, but I like her style.

Small world... thanks for the Cowboy remarks but truth is I can't remember not being a Cowboys fan. And if you draw a line from Cleveland to Pittsburgh I'm right about halfway on that line. And your movies are spot on. As some know I am in my 3rd year as a member of the Circle of Trustees at the Butler Institute of American Art. My favorite painting happens to be a painted Still from "To Have or Have Not". If you ever get a chance to visit the butler it;s on the 2nd floor of the main Gallery, north wall.

Well I gotta say a big howdy to one of the bravest men I know. A Dallas Cowboy fan in the bosom of Steeler Country! SFC Ollie! March on, Sergeant.

For what it's worth, I texted the schedule for Movie Night at the Learning Center to the woman in charge of the Facebook presence of the Learning Center. I changed it from Wednesday at 7:00 to Thursday at 6:30. Too many Wednesday night church services. Who am I to compete with God and Bingo?

Thursday September 5, Humphrey Bogart and Lorene Bacall in To Have and Have Not. "You know how to whistle don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."

September 12, what I personally consider the sweetest movie ever made, To Kill a Mockingbird.

September 19, melodrama at its best, Joan Crawford as Mildred Pierce. Don't forget about the great character performance of Eve Arden.

That's the first month anyway. I am proud to say that the popcorn machine is up and running, well stocked with corn and boxes from which to eat it. So we'll get the fresh popped aroma going for us.

One woman suggested a margarita machine. Wishful thinking, but I like her style.

I have an extensive movie collection consisting of a number of the what I consider some of the great all time movies, but mostly movies that we never get tired of and can watch over and over. "To Kill a Mockingbird" is not one you choose to watch over and over, but IMO it is one of the most perfect films with an incredible story line in the collection. Beautiful filmology, wonderful direction, great acting, great character development, great plot. It has it all. And I have to agree that it is one of the sweetest movies ever made.

If I lived in East Liverpool though, I would attend your movie nights Nosmo. :)
In October I'm showing Citizen Kane, A Streetcar named Desire, Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times and Boris Karloff as Frankenstein on Halloween night.

Add "The African Queen" to your list to round it all out.

Small world... thanks for the Cowboy remarks but truth is I can't remember not being a Cowboys fan. And if you draw a line from Cleveland to Pittsburgh I'm right about halfway on that line. And your movies are spot on. As some know I am in my 3rd year as a member of the Circle of Trustees at the Butler Institute of American Art. My favorite painting happens to be a painted Still from "To Have or Have Not". If you ever get a chance to visit the butler it;s on the 2nd floor of the main Gallery, north wall.
GO REDSKINS!!!!!

giphy.gif

:D

6 months back I had to place pillows under my mattress because it was sort of drooping on the edges. So I went out today in search of a basic (never did like the pillow top the Mrs made me buy last time) mattress and box spring.... 3 places told me they don't make those anymore... Finally found a place that not only had them but didn't treat me like a nut case. Salesman was another Army Vet from my time period. He and I were the only people in the store most of the time I was there.... Needless to say I basically got exactly what I wanted for one tenth what most stores wanted to sell me and half price what the regular pricing was... Except for delivery charges and taxes....Of course... And Delivery day after tomorrow... Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

GO REDSKINS!!!!!

Who dat?

giphy.gif

GO REDSKINS!!!!!

Who dat?

giphy.gif

I have a question...wonder if someone could help. I decided to teach myself how to play poker. And I started by watching the World Poker Tour on tv. Just for fun, I asked the tv to show me poker games and WPT (World Poker Tour) showed up.
1. I did not have to give my name.
2. I did not have to give credit card infor mation.
3. I did not have to give banking info,

I just played and win some lost some like normal. My family keeps joking about it being real poker and I am about to lose my house.

Not so, right?

Please ease my mind and don't play with me..I'm getting an ulcer over this!

Well, brought the partner home yesterday. Discharge took hours because they wanted to "train" me how to assist him. He is not independently ambulatory. In other words, I have to help him get up, move around, and get down. He's dressing himself, mostly, but still needs assistance with fastenings and tucking in his shirt, stuff like that. This is not going to be fun. We're going to his first primary care appointment in a few minutes and then it's off to the pharmacy to pick up his meds. I have to make sure I have lots of space because he has an extensive pharmacopeia now.
Check back later. Hope y'all have a beautiful day. It's looking like it will be one of the marvelous, to-live-for summer days here.
I'm so there with you, gallantwarrior. You are on my prayer list for strength in the worst time in life. My prayers are so up for you tonight for all you are going through and have yet to finish, and your health problems hopefully will improve enough to help you do necessary things. Call for help when needed.
You've already been through so much like this, haven't you? I've been a bit of a PIA. I have my own stuff to get done as well as assisting him. (At least he can clean himself, thank goodness for small mercies!) I also just "lectured" him about how easy it is to lapse into the easy life and let himself be waited on. I'm hoping his workaholic nature kicks into overdrive so he'll be motivated to heal himself.
Have a great day Beautress! Today's going to be a gorgeous scorcher, again. Breakfast is over and I've got to get the pard out and about and then located where he can enjoy his day.
Hopefully he can get better. More prayers up, gallantwarrior.
He had an appointment with a neurologist this afternoon. She wants to have another MRI done to determine how much damage was done by the stroke and the location of that damage. We've had a few spats of the usual type. He wants to treat me like a child and instruct me how to do things I am quite capable of doing. Of course, I have to deal with him like he's three-years-old. At least he can feed and clean himself, mostly. I do hope he gains back his ability to work. Workaholics don't fare well when their abilities are limited like the pard's are now. It might take a long time, though. Amazingly, he has started saying "Please" and "Thank you".
I appreciate your prayers, beau. I send my best your way, too. You have your cross to bear, as well, and I wish you all the best.

I personally know it gets kinda squirrelly with Browns fans up in East Palestine. I truly feel for Browns fans. I miss the rivalry. But, then again, I'm Pirates fan.

I am showing African Queen the same month I'll show Spenser Tracy and Claudette Colbert with Clark Gable in Boomtown. William Powell and Carol Lombard in My Man Godfrey then Myna Loy and Cary Grant in Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House.

The idea is Powell and Loy were Nick and Nora Charles in The Thin Man series. And Hepburn and Tracy were the most beloved couple in the movies. Splitting them up let's you savor their performances in new subtle ways.

6 months back I had to place pillows under my mattress because it was sort of drooping on the edges. So I went out today in search of a basic (never did like the pillow top the Mrs made me buy last time) mattress and box spring.... 3 places told me they don't make those anymore... Finally found a place that not only had them but didn't treat me like a nut case. Salesman was another Army Vet from my time period. He and I were the only people in the store most of the time I was there.... Needless to say I basically got exactly what I wanted for one tenth what most stores wanted to sell me and half price what the regular pricing was... Except for delivery charges and taxes....Of course... And Delivery day after tomorrow... Gotta love it when a plan comes together.
Does he work in North Lima?

I personally know it gets kinda squirrelly with Browns fans up in East Palestine. I truly feel for Browns fans. I miss the rivalry. But, then again, I'm Pirates fan.

I am showing African Queen the same month I'll show Spenser Tracy and Claudette Colbert with Clark Gable in Boomtown. William Powell and Carol Lombard in My Man Godfrey then Myna Loy and Cary Grant in Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House.

The idea is Powell and Loy were Nick and Nora Charles in The Thin Man series. And Hepburn and Tracy were the most beloved couple in the movies. Splitting them up let's you savor their performances in new subtle ways.
Love you avatar!

Don't forget "It Happened One night with Cary Grant and Claudette Colbert!

I have a question...wonder if someone could help. I decided to teach myself how to play poker. And I started by watching the World Poker Tour on tv. Just for fun, I asked the tv to show me poker games and WPT (World Poker Tour) showed up.

I just played and win some lost some like normal. My family keeps joking about it being real poker and I am about to lose my house.

Not so, right?

I wouldn't think so...…..but with smart tvs & technology....anything is possible, because that personal information is out there somewhere. :dunno:

Not so, right?

If its too good to be true....well......

Love you avatar!

Don't forget "It Happened One night with Cary Grant and Claudette Colbert!
Thanks! That's Daisy the Mutt as Miss October 2012 Doghouse Magazine.

I showed It Happened One Night last season. And it's Clark Gable not Cary Grant. Screwball comedy month was February. We saw Barbara Stanwyck and Gary Cooper in Ball of Fire, Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant in Bringing up Baby, and Carole Lombard and Jack Benny in To Be or Not To Be.

Forum List

Back