USMB Coffee Shop IV

And so there i was toolin down the road in my farm truck smellin' like pig sh*t , when i came up on a head on 3 car crash.

I parked about 100yrs away, and when i got outta my truck some 20ish yr old is all over me about a car on fire with a man inside

So we walk on up, and it's some huge SUV with a family inside Vs. a small compact car with a fat man in with passenger compartment compromised, radiator (or what's left of it) smokin'

I turned all ignitions off (protcall) and told the kid to report to 911

FWIW......Bigger always wins.......add higher to that......

Anyways, aside from the usual airbag and seatbelt trauma , the sole entity unable to part from his vehicle was the fat dude in the small (unrecognizable due to no more front end) car

I made sure ignitions were off, and started opening doors, met another has been ex-emt (it was us two has beens an a nurse at that point) , did a primary and secondary with him, found a closed femur , possible concussion , talking disoriented , tacky (no radial)

finally the real folks that are certified show the 'eff up....

I was in the backseat holding traction when the jaws arrived, they wanted to cut the piece between the doors to extricate (it was a 4 dr) , but the FF manning the jaws could not see the rear pass airbag , which i pointed out to him

Fat boy was airlifted , from what i hear just made it, and yours truly is still livin' the dream along with all the others that stopped in that day

Moral of the story?
Any of you can help your neighbors, and not depend on the gub'mit to give you marching orders. This isn't rocket science , this is what good neighbors do

~S~

And so there i was toolin down the road in my farm truck smellin' like pig sh*t , when i came up on a head on 3 car crash.

I parked about 100yrs away, and when i got outta my truck some 20ish yr old is all over me about a car on fire with a man inside

So we walk on up, and it's some huge SUV with a family inside Vs. a small compact car with a fat man in with passenger compartment compromised, radiator (or what's left of it) smokin'

I turned all ignitions off (protcall) and told the kid to report to 911

FWIW......Bigger always wins.......add higher to that......

Anyways, aside from the usual airbag and seatbelt trauma , the sole entity unable to part from his vehicle was the fat dude in the small (unrecognizable due to no more front end) car

I made sure ignitions were off, and started opening doors, met another has been ex-emt (it was us two has beens an a nurse at that point) , did a primary and secondary with him, found a closed femur , possible concussion , talking disoriented , tacky (no radial)

finally the real folks that are certified show the 'eff up....

I was in the backseat holding traction when the jaws arrived, they wanted to cut the piece between the doors to extricate (it was a 4 dr) , but the FF manning the jaws could not see the rear pass airbag , which i pointed out to him

Fat boy was airlifted , from what i hear just made it, and yours truly is still livin' the dream along with all the others that stopped in that day

Moral of the story?
Any of you can help your neighbors, and not depend on the gub'mit to give you marching orders. This isn't rocket science , this is what good neighbors do

~S~
Wow, what a story Sparky. You probably saved a life today just using good common sense. I hope you were appreciated.

Forum List

Back