USS John McCain hidden while Trump was in Japan

Lol
...naming ships after people is just plain stupid.

why?
Lol
It makes no sense, People never live up to expectations...

for the most part, the people they are named for are dead and have done what they were going to do.

States do not live up to expectations, yet we name them after states.

Cities do not live up to expectations, yet we name them after cities.

How would you name them?
Number them... It makes a lot more sense

They all have numbers already, the names are more like nicknames.
Like I said leave it at that... Naming ships after people is ridiculous

Lol

for the most part, the people they are named for are dead and have done what they were going to do.

How would you name them?

They all have numbers already, the names are more like nicknames.
Like I said leave it at that... Naming ships after people is ridiculous

No different than naming them after places or whatever. Just get over it. The folks stationed on the ships take great pride in the names...since you never did any sort of active duty you would not understand.

"The president says he had "nothing" to do with the White House’s plan to relocate the USS John McCain during his visit to Japan."

The word "everything" was mispelled.

You probably haven't heard of it, but lots of us care about a thing we call decency. Look it up some day if you decide to crawl out from under that rock into clear air. I'm sure you like getting it even though you can't bring yourself to give it!

And tell us Bulldingle, WHAT HAS ANY OF THAT to do with the topic of this thread?

After you're done cogitating that, go suck my ass.

If left up to me, I'd shoot the USS McCain and just let it sink until 6 feet under to slowly rust away. On its way down I'm sure it would try to keep coming back getting in our military's way as often as it could but at least the democrats could all rally around it to say what a fine and noble ship it was for constantly crossing the ocean to compromise with the Chinese or Russia!
Who was the USS John McCain named for?

you really do not think he knows the answer to that do you?

It is named after John S. McCain, Sr., and John S. McCain, Jr....neither of which are the senator that Trump hates so much.

So it should have been named the MCain-McCain. Or maybe named the front of the ship for the father and the ass of the ship for the senator. FUNNY isn't it they waited for John boy to die to name a boat after him!

Look dumb fuck...the Senator is John S McCain III....the two people the ship was named after are his father and grandfather...both of whom were Admirals in the Navy...the elder being basically the father of ship borne aviation. Why must you be so ignorant of the facts all the time?

Do you not ever get tired of being stupid?

Guess I just don't give a flying crap like you do about McCain to CARE. Funny they waited ALL THESE YEARS then name this small ship after TWO people and call it the "John McCain." A year after the senator dies. Hmm. Maybe they should have called it The USS McCain Family? Cept, III wasn't in the same league as the father.

Or maybe they should have called it: USS Father-Son-and Butthole.

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral

Would you expect anything less from the thin skinned troll of a President?

The USS John McCain. Is that the warship that loses every battle then turns around and aims its guns at its own Navy?
You probably haven't heard of it, but lots of us care about a thing we call decency. Look it up some day if you decide to crawl out from under that rock into clear air. I'm sure you like getting it even though you can't bring yourself to give it!

And tell us Bulldingle, WHAT HAS ANY OF THAT to do with the topic of this thread?

If left up to me, I'd shoot the USS McCain and just let it sink until 6 feet under to slowly rust away. On its way down I'm sure it would try to keep coming back getting in our military's way as often as it could but at least the democrats could all rally around it to say what a fine and noble ship it was for constantly crossing the ocean to compromise with the Chinese or Russia!

Beats me. Apparently now you can get a combat ship named after you for:
  1. Failing to complete your mission.
  2. Failing to eject properly.
  3. Failing to not lend comfort and aid to the enemy.
  4. Failing to have a successful military career.
  5. Failing to find a job working in the private sector.
  6. Failing to pass a decent bill for your fellow vets.
  7. Failing to run for office against a total unknown.
  8. Failing to put your own party and your nation ahead of your turncoat politics.
You DO know this ship was named for Admiral John S McCain, father of the John McCain III whose ass you are not qualified to kiss, don't you?

The USS John McCain. Is that the warship that loses every battle then turns around and aims its guns at its own Navy?

8. Failing to put your own party and your nation ahead of your turncoat politics.
You DO know this ship was named for Admiral John S McCain, father of the John McCain III whose ass you are not qualified to kiss, don't you?

I do know you ARE qualified to KISS MINE.

I do know you ARE qualified to KISS MINE.
Heh heh heh! Go count your rubles, tovarich!

You flailing idiot! The REPORT USS John McCain was named for Adm. John McCain, father of the late Snator from Arizona.

You can keep your doctor. That's a lie, too.
I kept my doctor
So did 98 percent of Americans

You're fine with 2% of Americans, which is over 6 MILLION people, losing their doctors, but are perfectly fine destroying the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans because of the actions of a few insane people

Go figure.
Let’s look at the real lie here

Republicans claimed that everyone would have to switch to Obamacare
Obama said if you like your plan, you can keep your plan

Republicans were 2 percent right
Obama was 98 percent right

Liar. Opponents of Obamacare said it would cause some people to lose their insurance and doctors (correct), make health care much more expensive (correct), be a Trojan Horse to justify moving to Single Payer (correct) - and that is was basically a redistribution program of income (correct).

Your callous disregard for the 6 million people who lost their insurance is duly noted, as is your equally callous disregard for the 10s of millions whose insurance has been rendered basically useless to to extremely high deductibles and co-payments.
Wrong again

Opponents of Obamacare fear mongered and warned that it was socialized medicine and everyone would lose their private policy

Obama soothed the fear and said if you like your policy, you can keep your policy....98 percent did

Trump got elected which put a wrench in the gears of your Statist Dreams, bub.

You can keep your doctor. That's a lie, too.
I kept my doctor
So did 98 percent of Americans

You're fine with 2% of Americans, which is over 6 MILLION people, losing their doctors, but are perfectly fine destroying the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans because of the actions of a few insane people

Go figure.
Let’s look at the real lie here

Republicans claimed that everyone would have to switch to Obamacare
Obama said if you like your plan, you can keep your plan

Republicans were 2 percent right
Obama was 98 percent right
Lol
Obamacare has destroyed millions of lives... It’s best if you keep that shit to yourselves
30 million Americans gained coverage because of Obamacare

LOL! Health insurance that is too expensive to use is not really coverage, bub.

My bad. I thought it a derivative attempt to define and demean Trump opponents with that silly 'orange man bad' bs.

The Orange Man Bad thing makes fun of a mindset.

The Rush thing does too, but to me it doesn't apply.

In your opinion, could Trump do anything right?

The Orange Man Bad thing assigns a mindset, on par with accusations of TDS. It's bs.

Not creating new military engagements is a plus. If anything comes of his Kim bromance, I'd give credit. He could quit trying to create a false reality for his base, and that would be a damn good thing.
----------------------------------------you ASSUME a false reality for the Base as the 'norks' don't really matter to the base . [what can the 'norks' do to flyover country USA eh ??] You nor i really knows whats going on . All i HEAR is that the USA isn't sending the 'norks' rice and and other goods that they need and that all by itself is a WIN in my opinion JMiller .
except for the Rice farmers here... :rolleyes:
Evidence?
oh, I was off base because I was thinking about China trade wars, not North Korea... my mistake

It is named after John S. McCain, Sr., and John S. McCain, Jr....neither of which are the senator that Trump hates so much.

So it should have been named the MCain-McCain. Or maybe named the front of the ship for the father and the ass of the ship for the senator. FUNNY isn't it they waited for John boy to die to name a boat after him!

Look dumb fuck...the Senator is John S McCain III....the two people the ship was named after are his father and grandfather...both of whom were Admirals in the Navy...the elder being basically the father of ship borne aviation. Why must you be so ignorant of the facts all the time?

Guess I just don't give a flying crap like you do about McCain to CARE. Funny they waited ALL THESE YEARS then name this small ship after TWO people and call it the "John McCain." A year after the senator dies. Hmm. Maybe they should have called it The USS McCain Family? Cept, III wasn't in the same league as the father.

I do not care about McCain, but I do care about honesty and accuracy...two things that are not part of your life.

The ship was commissioned in 1994. Is there anything you are not wrong about? Have you ever posted anything that was accurate?

You flailing idiot! The REPORT USS John McCain was named for Adm. John McCain, father of the late Snator from Arizona.

And his grandfather, who was the best of the bunch. He played a large part in our win over Japan in the Pacific.

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral

Not only did the White House request that the USS John S. McCain be "out of sight" during President Donald Trump's Memorial Day address to US troops serving in Japan, but the ship's sailors were reportedly turned away when they tried to attend the event.

Every US Navy warship sitting in the harbor, except for the McCain, was invited to send around 60-70 sailors to hear the president's address, the New York Times reported, citing a US service member stationed at the naval base in Yokosuka. McCain sailors were reportedly given the day off. Some sailors from the McCain showed up anyway hoping to attend, but they were turned away.

Lol
...naming ships after people is just plain stupid.

why?
Lol

How would you name them?

Hate to tell you, but the ships are ALREADY numbered. USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN-69), and USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CVN-73).

The "CVN" designation means "carrier, fixed wing", and the number designates where it is in the line of it's designation. CVN-69 was built before CVN-73.

The ship wasn't named for Senator McCain, it was named for his grandfather who was an admiral.

Read about them on their official website.

https://www.public.navy.mil/surfor/ddg56/Pages/Ourship.aspx

Hey stupid, you DO realize that the ship was commissioned (meaning put into service and named) all the way back in 1994? McCain didn't die until 2018.

Far as I have found he crash land several Aircraft, got shot down, got caught by the Villagers and was in a jail in Nam. Don't see any hero stuff there. Sorry.

Not only did the White House request that the USS John S. McCain be "out of sight" during President Donald Trump's Memorial Day address to US troops serving in Japan, but the ship's sailors were reportedly turned away when they tried to attend the event.

Every US Navy warship sitting in the harbor, except for the McCain, was invited to send around 60-70 sailors to hear the president's address, the New York Times reported, citing a US service member stationed at the naval base in Yokosuka. McCain sailors were reportedly given the day off. Some sailors from the McCain showed up anyway hoping to attend, but they were turned away.

You know, that is something that is even more shameful than covering up the name of the ship. Those sailors actually WANTED to go and see our CIC, but they were turned away because they were wearing ballcaps (part of the official Navy uniform) that had the ships name on them. Guess Trump is only a president for the people that he thinks are worthy enough of him.

And, for all you conservatives that think the ship was named after Senator McCain. Guess what? It wasn't, because it was commissioned and launched (meaning it also had been named) back in 1994. Senator McCain didn't die until 2018, so no, the ship wasn't named for him initially.

However................after his death, his name was added on to the namesakes of the ship as a sign of respect for his service as both a Navy man and a Senator.

Forum List

Back