UT fight song “The Eyes of Texas” is not racist

86nJkg.gif
A&M made a smart move by joining the SEC

they are on par with Texas in recruiting for the first time in school history and would dominate the series today

The song in and of itself isn't racist. But it has very racist origins.
Time to put it in the museum along with the Lee statues and everything else associated with the darkest chapter of American history.

BLM had zero to do with Texas being mediocre......no matter how use to blaming everything on black folks you may be......
When key team leaders are whining about the fight song instead of studying the playbook its bound to be a distraction

and Herman had no margin for error
Did BLM cause Texas to be mediocre.....yes or no??

Did BLM cause Texas to be 7-6 and 8-5?

But like I said.....if you want to blame it on black folks "whining"

Maybe Texas shouldn't recruit so many "black folks" -- especially when those blacks won't stay in their place and be quiet

The Longhorns can be the only all-white football team in America, pull out of the Big 12, and start playing high school teams. :lol:

Time to put it in the museum along with the Lee statues and everything else associated with the darkest chapter of American history.
Just because you said that, NOW I think the fucking longhorns should keep their stupid railroad song.

They can also keep their Aggie-obsessed fight song, Texas Fight. We'll keep the War Hymn.

And fuck DeLoss Dodds, who is the SOLE reason we will never play the fucking longhorns on a regular basis again.

Just because you said that, NOW I think the fucking longhorns should keep their stupid railroad song.

They can also keep their Aggie-obsessed fight song, Texas Fight. We'll keep the War Hymn.

And fuck DeLoss Dodds, who is the SOLE reason we will never play the fucking longhorns on a regular basis again.
Calm down Bootney

let the libs blow fuses over a harmless song that UT students and football fans hold dear

libs always need something to get worked up over

Last edited:

Calm down Bootney

let the libs blow fuses over a harmless song that UT students and football fans hold dear

They always need something to get worked up over
Yeah, I know.

Aggies and longhorns poke at each other all the time, and it's my Aggie duty to shit on the other school anytime occasion arises, but I would never REALLY want to strip them of their traditions. Some of them I would actually admire, if it were not my sworn duty to hate them.
:auiqs.jpg:

Calm down Bootney

im-306028.jpg

How blind you conservatives are to your own self projection is astounding.....

Add to that the fact that it was your goofy ass that started this post in the first place.....

Hermann was fired 2 months ago......and I am willing to bet there aren't a plethora of threads made by "liberals" about this either

The Longhorns can be the only all-white football team in America, pull out of the Big 12, and start playing high school teams.
Its funny you should say that

UT was forced to put black players on the team in the 1960’s, much to the discomfort of some people

but up to 2019 the change was good for everyone, with many great black players added to the UT legacy

yet now having included blacks as part of the UT family a fine football tradition is being destroyed by damn lies?

That sucks

Last edited:
The Longhorns can be the only all-white football team in America, pull out of the Big 12, and start playing high school teams.
Its funny you should say that

UT was forced to put black players on the team in the 1960’s, much to the discomfort of some people

but up to 2019 the change was good for everyone with many great la k players added to the UT legacy

yet now having included blacks as part of the UT family a fine football tradition is being destroyed by damn lies?

That sucks
Who forced Texas to put black players on the team?

And how upset did it make you??

By the way.....some claimed keeping teams all-white via segregation was "tradition"

Calm down Bootney

View attachment 466472

Add to that the fact that it was your goofy ass that started this post in the first place.....

Hermann was fired 2 months ago......and I am willing to bet there aren't a plethora of threads made by "liberals" about this either
I don't understand your reason for posting the Dr. Seuss books. You're making his case for him.

Most people think removing them is stupid and quite Nazi.

It was the "liberals" (not really liberal) who demanded those books be pulled....blowing fuses over harmless children's books.

:dunno:

Calm down Bootney

View attachment 466472

Wait, let me get this straight

you claim Dr Seuss played football at UT or coached there?

We did (A&M).
:dance:

The talented black kids gave Aggies an advantage, so Darrell K.(KK) Royal caved.
:banana:

And how upset did it make you??
For me? My mama was in high school in the 1960s. :dunno:

But, that was the start of a LONG run of longhorn football dominance. (that and Bear left for Alabama)

Does it matter who forced the change?

but to answer your question it was fair-minded white people

The LSU Fighting Tigers and our Fight Song are safe for the time being.
They are about killing white people ... :thup:

They are about when Jackson and his militia slaughtered thousands of British regulars in the Battle of New Orleans.
Those cheeky bastards burned the White House and a good portion of Washington DC, and were stupid enough to think attacking New Orleans was a good idea.

Last edited:
Does it matter who forced the change?

but to answer your question it was fair-minded white people

The LSU Fighting Tigers and our Fight Song are safe for the time being.
They are about killing white people ... :thup:

Actually, the LSU nickname "Tigers" is rooted in the Confederacy. Confederate soldiers had different nicknames depending on which CSA state they were from:

Arkansas - "Toothpicks" (the knives they carried)
Alabama - "Yellow Hammers" (a native Alabama woodpecker)
Georgia - "Goober Grabbers" (peanut farmers)
Florida - "Gofers" (they would pop up and attack, then go back down in their hole [back to Florida])
Kentucky - "Corn Crackers" (corn was dominant crop, and used for bourbon whiskey)
Louisiana - "Tigers" (correction: Louisiana Tigers or "Fighting Tigers" was a specific regiment that fought hard at the Shenandoah Valley battle in the Civil War)
Mississippi - "Sand Lappers" :dunno: (may e a reference to the river)
Missouri - "Border Ruffians" (think of Josey Wales)
North Carolina - "Tarheels" (they would not retreat in battle-they had 'tarred their heels' and that made them stick to the ground--see UNC nickname)
South Carolina - "Rice Birds" (rice was the dominant SC crop, rather than cotton)
Tennessee -"Hog Drovers" :auiqs.jpg:
Texas -"Cowboys"

In the SEC, we sometimes refer to each other by those old nicknames while shit talking...especially in reference to Vandy or UT. :laughing0301:

Last edited:
Some misinformed people in Austin claim that it is

And it has disrupted the U Texas athletic program to the point that it may have cost football coach Tom Herman his job

Wealthy University of Texas at Austin donors are threatening to pull their support of Longhorn athletics over the school’s ties to a song that takes its name from a quote from Confederate General Robert E. Lee which was first played at minstrel shows.

Thing is, the donors aren’t calling on the school to scrap the song; they want to keep it.
They need to put in some Willie or ZZTop because that song is one lame horse there. LOL
The Eyes of Texas Lyrics

Some misinformed people in Austin claim that it is

And it has disrupted the U Texas athletic program to the point that it may have cost football coach Tom Herman his job

Wealthy University of Texas at Austin donors are threatening to pull their support of Longhorn athletics over the school’s ties to a song that takes its name from a quote from Confederate General Robert E. Lee which was first played at minstrel shows.

Thing is, the donors aren’t calling on the school to scrap the song; they want to keep it.
They need to put in some Willie or ZZTop because that song is one lame horse there. LOL
The Eyes of Texas Lyrics
Thats a dumb thing to say

Forum List

Back