vaccinations...

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
I'm over sixty. I've had vaccines up the yin yang. Um various flu vaccines, measles, tetanus POLIO even. Never have I EVER had to take a vaccine twice and then three times AND boosters in less than a year. And NOBODY IN AMERICAN HISTORY was EVER forced to take a vaccine, ever. So, you guys are good with that, though? Because Democrats are doing it?

Weird twilight zone thing here is: Um, democrats REFUSED to take this SAME vaccine 365 days ago under a different political leader are now mandating it. Same one.
Uh..the vaccine wasn't available 365 days ago. What are you trying to convey here?

I'm over sixty. I've had vaccines up the yin yang. Um various flu vaccines, measles, tetanus POLIO even. Never have I EVER had to take a vaccine twice and then three times AND boosters in less than a year. And NOBODY IN AMERICAN HISTORY was EVER forced to take a vaccine, ever. So, you guys are good with that, though? Because Democrats are doing it?
Then what's your issue with getting the COVID-19 vaccine?..no matter how many times you have to get it?
I mean, you get a flu vaccine once a year..right?

• Banned
Uh..the vaccine wasn't available 365 days ago. What are you trying to convey here?
Yes, that's the point. Ever have to take a vaccine in less than 9 months? Two or three of them? And BOOSTER shots? In LESS than a year? I haven't. Ever. And then have that vaccine...mandated, ever? For an illness that clearly isn't a plague?

Yes, you have.

Yes, that's the point. Ever have to take a vaccine in less than 9 months? Two or three of them? And BOOSTER shots? In LESS than a year? I haven't. Ever. And then have that vaccine...mandated, ever? For an illness that clearly isn't a plague?
Whelp, were you alive during the last pandemic in 1918? How many people died again?
A new virus, new rules..probably best you just stick with the science and not listen to the alt-right media blaring.
685K dead?...in a first world country??...yeah..I'd say that qualifies as plague...or at least a pandemic....:)

Then what's your issue with getting the COVID-19 vaccine?..no matter how many times you have to get it?
I mean, you get a flu vaccine once a year..right?

You likely should NOT get a flu vaccination ever.
There is only so many immune reactions that are safe, and after that, you run too high a risk of deadly autoimmune responses, like Lupus, arthritis, diabetes, etc.

These mRNA injections are not vaccines really.
The CDC explanation how they are supposed to work makes no sense.
They claim the injection is RNA that somehow magically gets into your own cells, is then translated by your own ribosomes, and gets your own cells to start growing spike proteins.
That is insane.
It is not only very unlikely to even be possible, but incredibly risky if it were possible.
For example, each person has different ribosome characteristics, so some would likely produce no spike proteins, while some would likely way over dose on spike proteins.
The idea your own cells are turned into spike protein factories is just insane, real or not.

Whelp, were you alive during the last pandemic in 1918? How many people died again?
A new virus, new rules..probably best you just stick with the science and not listen to the alt-right media blaring.
685K dead?...in a first world country??...yeah..I'd say that qualifies as plague...or at least a pandemic....:)

The reason the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic was so deadly was all our own fault.
We stupidly mandated masks and social distancing, which prevented herd immunity, and made it last for years.
If you look at the monthly death tolls, the Spanish flu was average in death toll.
It was only slightly unusual in that soldier spread it in barracks and by traveling to Europe and back home again.

And no, covid is not much different than any coronavirus.
It is not very contagious or lethal.
The death rate from covid is only about 30k/month, which is average for flu or anything.
We just won't let it end with herd immunity, because we are conserving easy new hosts.

She was given several clear answers. She, like a lot of right wingers, is choosing not to listen to the facts..and the science..and common sense... :)

No she was not.

The reality is our strategies for this epidemic are entirely wrong.
You can do many strategies ranging from full quarantine to deliberate infection, but we are doing none of them, and instead doing a hopeless combination that can not possibly work.

And these mRNA injections are not real vaccines, do not work well, are starting to fail already, and have vast implications of future dangers.

Yes, you have.

That's the point. We need multiple vaccinations+boosters for just ONE virus in less than a year's time? I'm 60+ and all the previous vaccinations WORKED the first time and only needed boosters years later. That's the point, whether it's conveyed...

I will pledge to get the vaccine when and IF:
A) Covid19 is PROVEN beyond a reason of a doubt to be the huge ginormous deadly threat. (so far its just a big fat dud).
B) when the Corvid vaccine needs only ONE application for a year, no boosters until the 5 year mark.

So when those things HAPPEN, I'm up for the jab.

That's the point. We need multiple vaccinations+boosters for just ONE virus in less than a year's time? I'm 60+ and all the previous vaccinations WORKED the first time and only needed boosters years later. That's the point, whether it's conveyed...
Nope. Read the link in my post.

I've had several tetanus shots...

They wear out over time. I'm in construction so I have to keep them updated regularly.

I will pledge to get the vaccine when and IF:
A) Covid19 is PROVEN beyond a reason of a doubt to be the huge ginormous deadly threat. (so far its just a big fat dud).
B) when the Corvid vaccine needs only ONE application for a year, no boosters until the 5 year mark.

So when those things HAPPEN, I'm up for the jab.
They'll have to inject it into my cold dead hands

Forum List

Back