Vatican Confirms Widespread Rape Of Nuns By Priests In 23 Countries

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
let's talk about catholic morality

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

Most of the abuse has occurred in Africa, where priests vowed to celibacy, who previously sought out prostitutes, have preyed on nuns to avoid contracting the Aids virus.

Confidential Vatican reports obtained by the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US, have revealed that members of the Catholic clergy have been exploiting their financial and spiritual authority to gain sexual favours from nuns, particularly those from the Third World who are more likely to be culturally conditioned to be subservient to men.

The reports, some of which are recent and some of which have been in circulation for at least seven years, said that such priests had demanded sex in exchange for favours, such as certification to work in a given diocese.
Vatican Confirms Widespread Rape Of Nuns By Priests In 23 Countries

This story is from February 2011, and you are just now discovering it?

And yet, you misleadingly state that the Vatican made this admission "yesterday."

Here's more from your source that you "forgot" to quote:

No one should be called a “holy man” and credited with being a special intermediary between God and man. No religion should be supported when it exploits and reinforces patriarchal social structures rather than dismantles them. And no authoritarian institution of belief, practice, values, and spirituality should be taken for a moral guide.

This is because all these deeply immoral things, which are distinct features of the Roman Catholic Church, are already corruptions of conscience and culture to begin with in principle, long before in practice they ever get to the universally recognized level of abusiveness we are learning about over and over again in our times.

Your Thoughts?

- See more at: Vatican Confirms Widespread Rape Of Nuns By Priests In 23 Countries

Do you have a source for this story that ISN'T a stridently anti-Catholic atheist blog that quotes NO CREDIBLE SOURCES for this story?

This story is from February 2011, and you are just now discovering it?

And yet, you misleadingly state that the Vatican made this admission "yesterday."

Smokescreen much?
I NOTICED not one apology from any members of the RCC for calling my Zada a Liar or for borrowing urban myths or calling me a liar when discussing this same topic.
Oh that's right you guys don't believe in the commandments regarding false
testimony, however you do have the process of repentance.
In which case apologies are in order as required for such Teshuva.

So typical fashion you don't address the problem you just resort to that tactic as a child called "well Johnny does it too".

Problem is Johny isn't doing it too, a single man is only Accused of an off color remark taken the wrong way and itcs not an act in use by the soldiers nor Rabbis.
YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT people who have sex with their wives through bed sheets in between their bodies.
You couldn't use a worse comparison.

Epic failure smokescren, but you help shine light on a pattern that emerges with you guys and your displacement behavior, mostly done against Jews.

Here is the way I see it...A man is placed in a position of authority such as a priest and he abuses his authority by raping those in an inferior position with nowhere to go like those nuns which is absolutely despicable and it wasn't just one priest but many many priests who did this showing a distinct pattern and yet instead of apologists to those nuns and condemning the priests which is rather obvious as well as jail time and restitution Blackrook brings up a rabbi whose comments may or may not have been taken out of context( can someone say here say).. The rabbi was condemned and was talking hypothetically( if this article is true) but even so there is a huge difference between talk and action... If the rabbi did say these things he should be admonished and removed but it goes to show you that there is a higher standard by the Israelis( not all) then the Catholic Church on how they treat others especially those who do not have their power or position in life...

As I said there are despicable people in all groups and they should be punished but no admission by you BlackrookBlackrock or apologies just displaced blames.... No one said Jewish people were perfect and we keep all the warts and sins out in the open of all our patriarchs to show that while the group adherence of Christianity circles the wagons and protects from the top down esp their so called leader who is said to be sinless but upon reflection is found not only to be sinfull but far from flawless as well or shall we talk about him teaching the ways of the kingdom to that youth.... Hmmmm...

There are so many stories I could do this all night. Please let me know when you're ready to apologize for your ignorant assumption that Jews are any better than Catholics when it comes to stories like this.

Forum List

Back