Vegetarians Less Healthy and Crazier than Meat Eating Drinkers...

Study: Vegetarians Less Healthy, Lower Quality Of Life Than Meat-Eaters « CBS Atlanta

It's Settled Science... Deny it and you are a Flat Earther. :Thup:

Here's another Fact about Vegetarians... They are Overwhelmingly Liberal.

I'll give you a moment to compose yourself.

:)

peace...

I agree with you ... for once. I have always said this - tofu is not the same as red meat and here's the kicker: If they ever go back to feeding animals grass INSTEAD of corn, meat will help you to gain muscle lose fat and help prevent heart attacks. Vegetarians are lacking in Hemi-iron, which you cannot get from anything EXCEPT for meat.

Mal, arguing with vegetarians is a lost cause - "meat is murder ... blah, blah, blah" ... .

grass fed beef rep :thup:

Study: Vegetarians Less Healthy, Lower Quality Of Life Than Meat-Eaters « CBS Atlanta

peace...

Numerous vegetable, fruit portions reduce risk of dying: Study | Toronto Star

People who eat seven or more portions of fresh fruit and vegetables each day may reduce their risk of dying from a wide variety of diseases by as much as 42 per cent compared to people who consume less than one portion, according to a new study by British researchers who tracked the eating habits of more than 65,000 people for 12 years.

The study, released in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, found that, at any point during that period, people who ate seven or more portions of fruits and vegetables dropped their risk of death from cancer by 25 per cent and from cardiovascular disease by 31 per cent.

are they liberal? might be. though the article doesn't say that and it's irrelevant to the topic except as a troll.

other than that, it was an interesting article.

thanks for trying to troll with it. :rolleyes:

Overwhelmingly the Vegetarians I know are FAR Left Liberal and even the ones I know who would deny it are really just Pro-Pot Liberaltarians.

You know it's True... If you Feel that Truth is Trolling, so be it. :thup:

peace...

that YOU know..... and while anecdotally, you might be correct, a) you're surmising; and b) it's still irrelevant to the topic.

I suspect fewer liberals hunt animals, too. but I wouldn't say that makes it a particularly "conservative" endeavor to hunt.

I didn't say it was "Liberal" to be Vegetarian... But WAY more are. :thup:

peace...

peace...

Numerous vegetable, fruit portions reduce risk of dying: Study | Toronto Star

People who eat seven or more portions of fresh fruit and vegetables each day may reduce their risk of dying from a wide variety of diseases by as much as 42 per cent compared to people who consume less than one portion, according to a new study by British researchers who tracked the eating habits of more than 65,000 people for 12 years.

The study, released in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, found that, at any point during that period, people who ate seven or more portions of fruits and vegetables dropped their risk of death from cancer by 25 per cent and from cardiovascular disease by 31 per cent.

I am ALL for vegis and fruit... I had bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, strawberries, oranges and brussel sprouts yesterday... And I had roast beef and yardbird.

Also had aborted Chicken Fetus' for breakfast. :thup:

peace...

are they liberal? might be. though the article doesn't say that and it's irrelevant to the topic except as a troll.

I don't agree that this is a troll statement; I have observed this too.

I will say that if someone chooses to be a vegan, that's fine - I don't have a problem with it and I certainly don't hate liberals, but I agree that most vegetarians are liberal.

That is just an opinion without facts to back up an assumption....

That's not trolling - that's called having an opinion.

I speak out against rightwingers all the time; it's considered to be cricket, because I'm making a generalized statement.

I know a few vegetarians who appear healthy, but they spend an inordinate amount of time "combining" in order to approximate complete protein.

I'd rather honor my natural omnivore heritage and eat a varied diet.

The ones I know manage to get complete protein through a balanced diet with dairy, nuts legumes like chickpeas and soya beans. Not quite as exciting as a nice medium rare steak but it's their business.

In the 30+ years that I've been vegetarian/vegan, I've never spent even one moment "combining" proteins.

Frances Moore Lappe wrote extensively about the belief that we need to consume "complete proteins". That has long been debunked. Instead, we now know that vegetarians and vegans get their protein from the same place as meat eaters - the 11 essential amino acids.

Tell your "vegetarian friends" (*wink*wink*) they need to update their research.

The vegetarian friend who I am specifically talking about when I talk about proteins is a gym nut and he does indeed talk about combining proteins, to a mind numbing degree.

I'll share my vegetarian lasagne recipe with you if you like, I'm a vegetarian myself but I decided to make lasagne last week and didn't have any meat in and I was too lazy to go to the store. ;)

I don't agree that this is a troll statement; I have observed this too.

I will say that if someone chooses to be a vegan, that's fine - I don't have a problem with it and I certainly don't hate liberals, but I agree that most vegetarians are liberal.

That is just an opinion without facts to back up an assumption....

No it's more than opinion. And it is relevant.

Forum List

Back