Vehicle Headlights

22lcidw

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2018
As I age my eyes seem to be sensitive to lights more in traffic. They seem to be brighter. And this does not include the people who have extra lights on their cars. Anyone believe that vehicle lights are to bright?

Yes. Those new halo and projection lights are super bright.
Whenever i pass one, i am tempted to turn on my light bar. Just to let them know how it feels.

Whenever i pass one, i am tempted to turn on my light bar. Just to let them know how it feels.

I really hate IDIOTS that don't adjust their lights for other people. That shit can be dangerous.
With those new lights, they cant do anything about it. They are just super bright by design. But it sucks for everyone else!

Noticed the occasional bright lights, but in general here, Harley, isn't there a TN code regulating the brightness of headlights?

Noticed the occasional bright lights, but in general here, Harley, isn't there a TN code regulating the brightness of headlights?
didnt you get the memo?? laws dont apply anymore,,, its the new democrat policy,,

As I age my eyes seem to be sensitive to lights more in traffic. They seem to be brighter. And this does not include the people who have extra lights on their cars. Anyone believe that vehicle lights are to bright?
Night vision gets harder as you get older. The glare from oncoming headlights can blind you. Try to look at the white line at the edge of the road instead of the center

Last edited:
IDK man. I do know there is a minimum and the State recommends to use factory headlights and bulbs.
There could be a max for the manufacturer to abide by, IDK

Night vision gets harder as you get older. The glare from oncoming headlights can blind you. Try to look at the white one at the edge of the road instead of the center
Thats what i do

I remember reading several years ago that there was a "national" standard that kept head lights to where we are accustomed to- recent developments have gotten around it somehow- which is refreshing- personally, I don't like idiots that are idiots with their lights- and that covers a lot of people- I appreciate my my KC, bumper mounted, driving lights when I hit the bright switch- but, I watch for oncoming traffic, like you're supposed to, and dim them before I ever get close to the other car

these are the cheap LED light out there...

they are nice looking and cheap but they are not made for those housing in most cars and are blinding to the guy in front and the upcoming traffic...

Yes that's common. Have you had your eyes checked for cataracts?

My eye doc shows me slides of my eyes over time, "today" versus several years ago. It looks like a dense fog rolled in.

IDK man. I do know there is a minimum and the State recommends to use factory headlights and bulbs.
Go figure. Just looked it up. TN 55-9-406 and 55-9-4 addresses glaring lights, but are so vague as to appear to be just about unenforceable unless somebody mounts Xenon Search light off a tank. No measurable standard.

Go figure. Just looked it up. TN 55-9-406 and 55-9-4 addresses glaring lights, but are so vague as to appear to be just about unenforceable unless somebody mounts Xenon Search light off a tank. No measurable standard.
funny that you would state laws or be concerned about them,,,

Forum List

Back