Vehicle Headlights

As I age my eyes seem to be sensitive to lights more in traffic. They seem to be brighter. And this does not include the people who have extra lights on their cars. Anyone believe that vehicle lights are to bright?
Have you been checked for glaucoma by an ophthalmologist?

Light sensitivity and reduced night vision are possible symptoms of it.

Righthanded Jimi is that you??

Yes it is...lol. Different avatar.

As I age my eyes seem to be sensitive to lights more in traffic. They seem to be brighter. And this does not include the people who have extra lights on their cars. Anyone believe that vehicle lights are to bright?
Have you been checked for glaucoma by an ophthalmologist?

Light sensitivity and reduced night vision are possible symptoms of it.

Righthanded Jimi is that you??

Yes it is...lol. Different avatar.

Well congratulations, or should I say sympathies ---- on being demoted to a Mod :rofl:

Good to see ya brother.

Yes that's common. Have you had your eyes checked for cataracts?

My eye doc shows me slides of my eyes over time, "today" versus several years ago. It looks like a dense fog rolled in.
No. That was your brain.

Headlights are way brighter. They have several types of lights now that are so bright, they blind everyone else so you can see better. They are worse than high-beams.

When someone comes my way using those lights, I hit them with my high-beams. I ought to get one of those super powerful flashlights that can start fires and hit them with that---- maybe people will finally get the idea.

Cars ought to have a sensor at least not to allow those really bright lights to come on unless you are out on a dark road.

My eye doc shows me slides of my eyes over time, "today" versus several years ago. It looks like a dense fog rolled in.
No. That was your brain.

Cool intellectual prowess bro.
Actually the brain does get involved with sensory impairment, of course, even if it's reconstructing one's field of vision from what one saw a moment ago in lieu of what one sees in the now, just as I can compensate for my hearing impairment by readjusting what the left ear reports into what it really is, that has enabled me to keep doing audio production stuff.

I'm just telling the OP how cataracts develop, as I think it's related to his observation about headlights.
You, meanwhile, just here to troll.

No. That was your brain.

Actually the brain does get involved with sensory impairment, of course, even if it's reconstructing one's field of vision from what one saw a moment ago in lieu of what one sees in the now, just as I can compensate for my hearing impairment by readjusting what the left ear reports into what it really is, that has enabled me to keep doing audio production stuff.

I'm just telling the OP how cataracts develop, as I think it's related to his observation about headlights.
And here I thought I was funny.

I've always found driving at night to be visually preferred to the daylight hours. If an oncoming vehicle has super bright lights, I don't look at them.

Has anybody blamed trump yet?
trump head lights.jpg

No. That was your brain.

Take vitamin A dummies.
The Mechanism for Vitamin A Improvements in Night Vision

No. That was your brain.

Take vitamin A dummies.

Vitamin A doesn't prevent or cure cataracts.

No. That was your brain.

Take vitamin A dummies.

I didn’t say it did.

No. That was your brain.

Take vitamin A dummies.

I didn’t say it did.

You seem to be the type that needs everything dumbed down REAL FAR.

Okay --- IF your problem is evolving cataracts, which is likely here ---- vitamin A won't do jack shit for ya.

No. That was your brain.

Take vitamin A dummies.

I didn’t say it did.

You seem to be the type that needs everything dumbed down REAL FAR.

Okay --- IF your problem is evolving cataracts, which is likely here ---- vitamin A won't do jack shit for ya.

You don’t know anything. Please learn. It’s not too late.As you can see if you read the below, it’s been well known for decades that vitamin A can help for night blindness, which is what this thread is about. Remember?

Forms of Vitamin A
Vitamin A was discovered by E.V. McCollum at the University of Wisconsin (1913-1915)–he also discovered vitamin D and was named Mr. Vitamin by Time magazine in 1951–after noting that this new substance prevented xerophthalmia (dry eyes) and night blindness in labora- tory rats. Accordingly, the most common physiological association with vitamin A has been visual function which utilizes the retinal form exclusively. However, subse- quent research demonstrated that vitamin A deficient animals died prematurely and we now know that the vital effects of sys- temic vitamin A require primarily the long chain fatty acid retinyl ester (predomi- nately retinyl palmitate) form which is transported in chylomicrons and distrib- uted lymphatically. Both vitamin A and beta-carotene are available for consump- tion in natural forms (foods and food ex- tracts) as well as in synthetic and ana- logue forms. Clinical practice seems to indicate that potency and efficacy vary considerably.
http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/2003/pdf/2003-v18n0304-p131.pdf

What is so stupid about all these brighter headlights is not just that they blind other people, but that all they are for is to allow the driver to do faster. And likely they should not be going that fast at night anyway.
The speed limit used to be 10 mph slower at night, and that is the way it should still be.
It will never be as safe at night as during the day, and brighter headlights does not change that.

Would there be any restrictions on extra lights on the front of a vehicle? And the LED/LCD technology is advanced. There are vehicles where the whole front of them is massive light.

Forum List

Back