Very good question, why WWI ?

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

Way back on April 6th, 1917, the United States entered the First World War. France, England, Russia, Italy, Germany, Austria, and Turkey had already been duking it out for years by then. Roughly concurrent with America’s entry, Russia was forced to pull out due to the success of the Bolsheviks in toppling the Romanov dynasty.

There are many odd facts about this war. For starters, at the war’s beginning, France and Switzerland were the only European countries that weren’t monarchies. Along with this, the ruling monarchs of Russia, Germany and Great Britain were all first cousins. Kaiser Wilhelm II spoke fluent English, the result of paying many visits to his grandmother, Queen Victoria.

A sad irony involves the immense popularity the beginning of the war had with the common people. Europe had not been embroiled in a major conflict since Napoleon. The Crimean and Franco-Prussian Wars were fairly well contained. The Boer War was fought on the other side of the planet. Those in power, however, dreaded the prospect. They knew all too well about the destructive capabilities of modern weapons. The tacticians of the day had no idea how to fight against machine guns. The best they could do was to send so many troops against one that it would eventually run out of ammunition. When Wilhelm sent the telegram to launch the invasion of France as laid out in the Schlieffen plan, he then turned to his generals and famously said: “Gentlemen, we will regret this.”

Just prior to this meeting, Wilhelm was on vacation, sailing his yacht around the fjords of Norway. He first learned of the Austrian ultimatum to Serbia in a Norwegian newspaper. He, of course, turned the boat around and went right back home. Young history students are taught that WW I was the result of pre-existing military commitments, a.k.a. “interlocking alliances”, that kicked into place after Austria’s Archduke Ferdinand and his wife were murdered by a Serbian nationalist in Sarajevo, Bosnia. That’s pretty much the case, but I would still refer back to the lack of war-weariness among the general population and the fatal enthusiasm that took its place.

From the article; "It was no mystery as to why they took Lenin from exile in Switzerland and injected him, like a bacillus, into St. Petersburg."

So that leaves us to ponder . . . why did British oligarchs allow Trotsky to return from NY at the same exact time? :dunno:

". . Trotsky was living in New York City when the February Revolution of 1917 overthrew Tsar Nicholas II. He left New York on 27 March 1917, but his ship, the SS Kristianiafjord, was intercepted by British naval officials in Canada at Halifax, Nova Scotia. He was detained for a month at Amherst Internment Camp in Nova Scotia. While imprisoned in the camp, Trotsky established an increasing friendship with the workers and sailors amongst his fellow inmates, describing his month at the camp as "one continual mass meeting".[67]

Trotsky's speeches and agitation incurred the wrath of German officer inmates who complained to the British camp commander, Colonel Morris, about Trotsky's "anti-patriotic" attitude.[67] Morris then forbade Trotsky to make any more public speeches, leading to 530 prisoners protesting and signing a petition against Morris' order.[67] Back in Russia, after initial hesitation and facing pressure from the workers' and peasants' Soviets, the Russian foreign minister Pavel Milyukov was compelled to demand the release of Trotsky as a Russian citizen, and the British government freed him on 29 April 1917.[67]"

Indeed, your post raises more questions than answers, as does the article.

In much the same way, all the global politicians and corporate heads, meeting at the WEF, leave us with the same questions about the chaos they are creating, and not even making an attempt at solving today. . .

WHY?

:dunno:

The WW1 Conspiracy (Full Documentary | 2018)​

The WWI Conspiracy

Corbett • 11/19/2018
"What was World War One about? How did it start? Who won? And what did they win? Now, 100 years after those final shots rang out, these questions still puzzle historians and laymen alike. But as we shall see, this confusion is not a happenstance of history but the wool that has been pulled over our eyes to stop us from seeing what WWI really was.

This is the story of WWI that you didn’t read in the history books. This is The WWI Conspiracy."

Why WWI? It's a little late to be asking.
You won't understand what is really going on right now, unless you have a firm grasp of what really went on in the past. . .

. . . and though history may not repeat, there is a definite echo.

iu

Do you include propaganda?

It depends on what you call propaganda.

c32b08a9-8062-46b0-9ba2-78c1e6e87e47_1.1a7685cf4050178d3fd1f8b9b91c3c94.jpeg

Technically, this is propaganda. I see it as motivation.

In this instance, I mean accept history at face value. I mean we have hindsight, we have memoirs, we have eyewitness accounts, etc. I think WWI is a pretty open and shut case as was WWII. Human beings are douchebags, and some leaders take their douchebagy-ness to a whole new level and start wars.

*Clicks Current Events*

*Sees a topic about World War I*

*Leaves*
I think you completely missed the point of the thread, and how it related to what is going on today.

I don't really think you understand the comedy stylings of Carlin at all. . . but then? He predicted there would be folks like you. . .

:heehee:

iu

6bohk8.jpg

Forum List

Back