Veterans back Trump for talking honestly about PTSD

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Including the gentleman who asked him the question. Libs your desperation is palpable at this point when you can twist the man's words into making him seem like he was mocking veterans.

Thank heavens people aren't buying into your garbage.

"Marine Staff Sergeant Chad Robichaux, who asked the question that sparked Trump's comment, also said a 'political agenda' was responsible for the firestorm of controversy that followed Trump's appearance.

'I think it's sickening that anyone would twist Mr. Trump's comments to me in order to pursue a political agenda,' said Robichaux, who suffered from PTSD after eight combat tours in Afghanistan.

'I took his comments to be thoughtful and understanding of the struggles many veterans have, and I believe he is committed to helping them.

'The nature of my question focused on a broken system that's failing so many of our veterans and, as president, would Mr. Trump take a more holistic approach to health care for veterans.

I interpreted his answer to affirm that the system is broken and he would take the necessary steps to address it.'
Trump added Monday morning that mental health care for military vets is 'one of the things that I think is least addressed' by the government agency, but 'one of the things that I hear the most about when I go around and talk to the veterans.'

He blamed infamously long wait times at veterans hospitals for driving mentally ill servicemen and women into despair.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3820474/Trump-backed-veterans-row-suggestion-military-PTSD-t-handle-horror-stories-saw-combat.html#ixzz4M7T1dqvZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What Trump said was dangerous. Trump just told vets that they aren't strong if they seek help, a problem we already had with trying to get them help. Of course Trump didn't intend his meaning to be that, but he doesn't think before he speaks. This is not a good thing in a President.

What Trump said was dangerous. Trump just told vets that they aren't strong if they seek help, a problem we already had with trying to get them help. Of course Trump didn't intend his meaning to be that, but he doesn't think before he speaks. This is not a good thing in a President.
Why anyone who serves or has served would support this Chicken Hawk vet-hater is beyond me.

That's not what he said at all. And the bullshit that flows from you left wing wankers is unreal these days. Taken out of context and duly noted by everyone who realizes that the media is just the propaganda tool of the Clinton campaign.

That's not what he said at all. And the bullshit that flows from you left wing wankers is unreal these days. Taken out of context and duly noted by everyone who realizes that the media is just the propaganda tool of the Clinton campaign.
That is EXACTLY what he said...just like he said that POWs are losers. And that he knows more than the Generals...this is your Orange Messiah....what ARE you going to do when he loses in November? Will you ever realize how you've sold your soul for nothing?

Why anyone who serves or has served would support this Chicken Hawk vet-hater is beyond me.

Vets back him. Because they know he'll deal with the VA and change it drastically to help the veterans instead of the government workers who make a fortune NOT treating them.

Bloody VA is run like the NHS.

This from a poster who says "Fuck you" to the parents of all our vets.

Why don't you put that in context Bod?

Just click on the link as she said. You righties have memories shorter than 24 hours.

That doesn't put it in context. Not at all.

You stepped in it and the shit is still on your shoes. Oh, and while we're at it, I recall this little gem from Trump's vet folder:

Big Trump checks to vets groups sent on day of media report

He'll say anything to win but his ACTIONS are what counts, dimwit

That is EXACTLY what he said...just like he said that POWs are losers. And that he knows more than the Generals...this is your Orange Messiah....what ARE you going to do when he loses in November? Will you ever realize how you've sold your soul for nothing?

Only completely fucked up left wingers believe that Trump is orange. The asshole lib media color him. If you go to any normal media outlet it validates that "our" assholes have been tinting the photos.

:lol:

Now back to my OP. It disproves what you are claiming.

This from a poster who says "Fuck you" to the parents of all our vets.

Why don't you put that in context Bod?

Just click on the link as she said. You righties have memories shorter than 24 hours.

That doesn't put it in context. Not at all.

You stepped in it and the shit is still on your shoes. Oh, and while we're at it, I recall this little gem from Trump's vet folder:

Big Trump checks to vets groups sent on day of media report

Another lie. What else is new with you wankers?

It is what he said. It may not have been what he meant, but words matter. Trump does not have all the best ones, in fact, he only repeats the bad ones over and over and over.

Vets already don't seek the mental help they need because they don't want to be perceived as weak. Trump, I'm sure without meaning to, just confirmed their worst fears, they aren't "strong" if they seek help.

The majority of posts were by posters who never served a day in a truly traumatic situation experienced by millions of military veterans. They have absolutely no idea what it's all about.

Trump is exactly right. Those with strong wills and self-assurance are able to deal with PTSD without the need to fall back on drugs - probably the same crutch so many grew up with.Our education system has cranked out several generations of those who don't know what having a strong character means. And they have destroyed faith in a Supreme Being.

The saddest point is that the medical profession seems to feel that the only solution for treating PTSD are the same drugs that have hooked a lot of children with so-called Attention Deficit.

It is unforgiveable that 22 veterans commit suicide every day. If the VA corruption was eliminated, perhaps it could turn to helping them.

When the VA pays tens of thousands of dollars for art and continually ignores needy vets, it's time for change. And Hillary certainly isn't the one to bring that change.

Forum List

Back