Victory: Wisconsin Teachers Just Voted to Disband Their Teachers Union

No, I do not go around believing I am special.
Teachers answer to who pays them, same as everyone else.
We pay the salaries of the teachers so explain to me how come we do not get a seat at the bargaining table when their union rep does?

You do. It's called your locally elected school board member. All you have to do is call him or her. But first you'll have to find out who he or she is since you probably don't remember who was on your ballot.

Very easy to see you have a hard time defining who you are so you stoop to making weak assumptions of who everyone else is.
I had 3 kids all go the same elementary, middle and high school. The chairman of the school board in this county is a good friend of mine as I coached his older son many years in rec ball. I knew most all of the teachers of my children as neighbors and friends. I have lived here for 30 years, through many different school boards. I know them all. We are a close community here and oppose outside mob union bosses corrupting our children and the schools.
You can have all the mob rule union thugs you want where you are. We do not support thugs with baseball bats hitting 55 year old women wanting to feed their kids that cross union picket lines wanting to work.
And we aim to keep it that way. Get used to it. We won, mob rule unions got their asses kicked.No unions for teachers. Period. We pay their salaries and if they don't like it they can go live where you do.
No cry babies. Get over it.
Delta is ready when they are.

I find your bolded and underlined statement amazing given your ignorance of how schools work and teachers are paid. :eusa_eh:

I think teaching is something special compared to most jobs. Is your job more important than teaching a room full of students? Is so explain why?

We pay the salaries of the teachers so explain to me how come we do not get a seat at the bargaining table when their union rep does?

You do. It's called your locally elected school board member. All you have to do is call him or her. But first you'll have to find out who he or she is since you probably don't remember who was on your ballot.

I don't even bother to vote anymore, honestly...the last few town elections, every race has been an unopposed incumbent unless somebody retired or died. The last time that happened, his seat went to his son. This has been a one-party town in a one-party state for 50 years!

Last edited:
Our county has the best schools in the state and has 6 high schools, 2 of which have been named national schools of excellence. You have to teach science, math or a foreign language to find a high school teaching job here and some years there are no openings at some of the high schools here the waiting list is so long.

Correct. My insurance agent is on our local school board and (in my opinion) is the only "decent" and "reasonable" person on that board. It was he that I went through to get my grand daughters teacher reassigned from her classroom to another (before I removed her completely from that cess pool in favor of private schooling) when she (the "teacher") stated that "America SHOULD be attacked again because it is an evil country". I wanted her terminated IMMEDIATELY (after it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that she had, indeed, told her class this) but the "union" wouldn't have any part of it.

My one major complaint about the public school system is that they are nothing more than project battle grounds for the social engineers of this country. Here's an idea...try teaching our children reading, writing and arithmetic so we aren't the laughing stock of the world any longer. This country USED to be the envy of the world with our public education system.

Public schools? You mean government schools.
Fortunately ours are excellent in this county but go to Atlanta where they spend 4K more per student than we do and they were caught cheating on their standardized testing and are one of the worst school systems in the country.
Every one of their administrators came from union systems.

Forum List

Back