VIDEO: Columbia university students support female genital mutilation

Once AGAIN ---- FGM has nothing to do with "Islam" or any other religion. It's not a religious practice. It's an ancient cultural artifact ........ like circumcision.

"What is happening here"? Some asshat trying to hijack a thread, that's what. Which is not to suggest the thread had a legitimate rational basis in the first place....
Wow, triggered.

Wow, facts.

Once AGAIN ---- FGM has nothing to do with "Islam" or any other religion. It's not a religious practice. It's an ancient cultural artifact ........ like circumcision.

"What is happening here"? Some asshat trying to hijack a thread, that's what. Which is not to suggest the thread had a legitimate rational basis in the first place....

He is right, but it is a huge, popular part of Islamic culture. Islam the gift that keeps on giving.

He is right, but it is a huge, popular part of Islamic culture. Islam the gift that keeps on giving.

No, it is not any "huge popular part of Islamic culture"---- because it's got nothing to do with religion in the first place. It's ancient --- meaning it's far older than Islam, Christianism, Judaism or any other religion that may or may not be coincident geographically. It has no religious function at all --- in any religion.

There are areas in, say, Africa, where FGM as a practice survives. Some of those areas are coincident with Islam, and some are not. Meanwhile in Mecca the practice is considered backward and barbaric. There is simply no relationship, period.

What we have here is a troll trying to troll tired and thoroughly disproven myths, in the quest for Hate and Ignorance. Why anyone would deliberately choose to go with Hate and Ignorance, I can't answer. That's beyond my comprehension.

No, it is not any "huge popular part of Islamic culture"---- because it's got nothing to do with religion in the first place. It's ancient --- meaning it's far older than Islam, Christianism, Judaism or any other religion that may or may not be coincident geographically. It has no religious function at all --- in any religion.

There are areas in, say, Africa, where FGM as a practice survives. Some of those areas are coincident with Islam, and some are not. Meanwhile in Mecca the practice is considered backward and barbaric. There is simply no relationship, period.

What we have here is a troll trying to troll tired and thoroughly disproven myths, in the quest for Hate and Ignorance. Why anyone would deliberately choose to go with Hate and Ignorance, I can't answer. That's beyond my comprehension.
It has remained as a legal practice in African in areas where Islamic Mujahedin are in charge. It just adds another means of maintaining control over their females. Maybe the Mecca crowd can inform their African slaves to cool their jitz on mutilating the females?

It has remained as a legal practice in African in areas where Islamic Mujahedin are in charge. It just adds another means of maintaining control over their females. Maybe the Mecca crowd can inform their African slaves to cool their jitz on mutilating the females?

They could, though it's quite a distance. But that's been attempted for decades with limited success, since because of its deep temporal roots, being way older than the religion, they're not likely to have influence on a religious basis. Because again, it's not a religious function; it's a social structure. So as religious leaders they have no basis to change a culture that they're not even a part of. If it were a religious thing they might have an influence. But it isn't.

Much like another patriarchal social structure, "honor killing". Islam forbids it, as does Hinduism, as does Sikhism ---- yet it still goes on in areas coincident with all of those religions, not because of them but in spite of them. Cultural roots always run deeper than religious ones.

They could, though it's quite a distance. But that's been attempted for decades with limited success, since because of its deep temporal roots, being way older than the religion, they're not likely to have influence on a religious basis. Because again, it's not a religious function; it's a social structure.

Much like another patriarchal social structure, "honor killing". Islam forbids it, as does Hinduism, as does Sikhism ---- yet it still goes on in areas coincident with all of those religions, not because of them but in spite of them. Cultural roots always run deeper than religious ones.
The Mecca boys spent the bucks to have control they need to use it for something decent.

They could, though it's quite a distance. But that's been attempted for decades with limited success, since because of its deep temporal roots, being way older than the religion, they're not likely to have influence on a religious basis. Because again, it's not a religious function; it's a social structure. So as religious leaders they have no basis to change a culture that they're not even a part of. If it were a religious thing they might have an influence. But it isn't.

That is a lie. Check "The Reliance of the Traveler" the book on Sharia. It(honor killing) is not forbidden and the killers are not punished.

Stop lying and start reading.

That is a lie. Check "The Reliance of the Traveler" the book on Sharia. It(honor killing) is not forbidden and the killers are not punished.

Yeah I'm afraid it is. Simplistic ipse dixit notwithstanding. :eusa_hand:

I've already noted that the reasons you hatemongers deliberately traffic in ignorance is beyond my comprehension. :dunno:

I've already noted that the reasons you hatemongers deliberately traffic in ignorance is beyond my comprehension. :dunno:

Prove it. I can prove it is. I'll give you a few minutes.

Prove it. I can prove it is. I'll give you a few minutes.

Already did. I have a link, you have ipse dixit. Guess which wins.

You're off topic too.

:lol: you just linked to the Pam Geller-Spencer loony bin. Wave BUH-bye to any credibility you thought you had. There's a reliable source.

Guess all these Muslims are "lying" too huh.

>> In Rana Husseini’s Murder in the Name of Honor, Ms. Husseini describes an interview in a Jordanian jail she had with a young man named Sarhan who in 1999 shot his sister Yasmin because she was no longer a virgin after she had been raped by a brother-in-law.

In the interview, Sarhan explained, “‘I killed her because she was no longer a virgin,’ he told me. ‘She made a mistake, willingly or not. It is better that one person dies than the whole family of shame and disgrace. It is like a box of apples. If you have one rotten apple would you keep it or get rid of it? I just got rid of it.’ When I challenged Sarhan by pointing out that his act contradicted the teachings of Islam and was punishable by God, he said, ‘I know that killing my sister is against Islam and it angered God, but I had to do what I had to do and I will answer to God when the time comes.” He added, “I know my sister was killed unjustly but what can I do? This is how society thinks. Nobody really wants to kill his own sister.”

... Their abuse was not dictated by religion since my brothers were not really religious, nor did it come from love to “help me be a better person”. However, I got off easy, because there were occasions where women would suddenly be missing. These women would vanish without a trace. It would be reported by a family in my village that “my daughter has committed suicide”. It was obvious that they were killed by a family member, but no one would dare say anything. Being Kurdish, the customs of our culture even before Islam’s arrival are more cemented than even the religion itself in the name of deeply rooted rituals and beliefs. Besides, most people never really study the Quran and have a very limited, distorted view of their own religion. Thus, they act on cultural impulse as Sarhan so aptly described it.

.... “It’s based on ignorance and a lack of respect for women .It has no place in any civilized society. Like all other religions Islam prohibits murder and killing of innocents. Honor killing should be wiped off the face of the planet through education and empowerment of Muslim women’s rights by focusing on the true interpretation of the Quran.”

Samina’s husband and SSGWI co-chair Salman Ahmad adds that “with education and cross cultural communication we should wipe it off the face of the planet. True Islam gives rights to women which have to be illuminated by Muslim majority governments and civil society and the media.”
What should be understood by all is there are as many scenarios under the heading “honor killing” in the East as there are scenarios under the heading of “domestic violence” in the West. <<
Say, there's a segue. Roll tape, thread from four years ago:

>> One has to question the truth in many of the stories, especially that crap about the bible and buried family..
However, honour killings do happen in this strange, twisted world we live in so I thought I'd post some more reliable stories from the western press.
Fairness and balance is important when discussing such a volatile subject.

Sheriff: Shooter thought wife had sex with Louisiana pastor - CNN.com

Jealous husband cleared of murdering wife after discovering affair | UK news | theguardian.com

Jailed For Life: Husband Who Strangled Cheating Wife After Affair Confession*-*Sky Tyne and Wear

Man murders uncle over alleged affair with wife | Bangkok Post: news

BBC News - Damian Rzeszowski killed wife and children in Jersey 'after wife's affair'

I apologise there's only one black and no Muslims involved in these stories.
I realise this is an anti Muslim hate thread but all the top search results were Whites and/or Christians.
I'll try harder next time. << (thanks to Indofred here)
Want another example, a famous one?

Henry VIII. "Honor" killer. Like that group of headlines above -- a devout Muslim. Oh wait. :eusa_doh:

(/offtopic)

Last edited:
I'm dismayed at support for FGM. I don't care if it is religious or cultural, it is irrelevant. The support for the practice is disturbing. Talk about a war on women!

Guess all thee Muslims are "lying" too huh.

>> In Rana Husseini’s Murder in the Name of Honor, Ms. Husseini describes an interview in a Jordanian jail she had with a young man named Sarhan who in 1999 shot his sister Yasmin because she was no longer a virgin after she had been raped by a brother-in-law.

In the interview, Sarhan explained, “‘I killed her because she was no longer a virgin,’ he told me. ‘She made a mistake, willingly or not. It is better that one person dies than the whole family of shame and disgrace. It is like a box of apples. If you have one rotten apple would you keep it or get rid of it? I just got rid of it.’ When I challenged Sarhan by pointing out that his act contradicted the teachings of Islam and was punishable by God, he said, ‘I know that killing my sister is against Islam and it angered God, but I had to do what I had to do and I will answer to God when the time comes.” He added, “I know my sister was killed unjustly but what can I do? This is how society thinks. Nobody really wants to kill his own sister.”

... Their abuse was not dictated by religion since my brothers were not really religious, nor did it come from love to “help me be a better person”. However, I got off easy, because there were occasions where women would suddenly be missing. These women would vanish without a trace. It would be reported by a family in my village that “my daughter has committed suicide”. It was obvious that they were killed by a family member, but no one would dare say anything. Being Kurdish, the customs of our culture even before Islam’s arrival are more cemented than even the religion itself in the name of deeply rooted rituals and beliefs. Besides, most people never really study the Quran and have a very limited, distorted view of their own religion. Thus, they act on cultural impulse as Sarhan so aptly described it.

.... “It’s based on ignorance and a lack of respect for women .It has no place in any civilized society. Like all other religions Islam prohibits murder and killing of innocents. Honor killing should be wiped off the face of the planet through education and empowerment of Muslim women’s rights by focusing on the true interpretation of the Quran.”

Samina’s husband and SSGWI co-chair Salman Ahmad adds that “with education and cross cultural communication we should wipe it off the face of the planet. True Islam gives rights to women which have to be illuminated by Muslim majority governments and civil society and the media.”
What should be understood by all is there are as many scenarios under the heading “honor killing” in the East as there are scenarios under the heading of “domestic violence” in the West. <<
Say, there's a segue. Roll tape, thread from four years ago:

>> One has to question the truth in many of the stories, especially that crap about the bible and buried family..
However, honour killings do happen in this strange, twisted world we live in so I thought I'd post some more reliable stories from the western press.
Fairness and balance is important when discussing such a volatile subject.

Sheriff: Shooter thought wife had sex with Louisiana pastor - CNN.com

Jealous husband cleared of murdering wife after discovering affair | UK news | theguardian.com

Jailed For Life: Husband Who Strangled Cheating Wife After Affair Confession*-*Sky Tyne and Wear

Man murders uncle over alleged affair with wife | Bangkok Post: news

BBC News - Damian Rzeszowski killed wife and children in Jersey 'after wife's affair'

I apologise there's only one black and no Muslims involved in these stories.
I realise this is an anti Muslim hate thread but all the top search results were Whites and/or Christians.
I'll try harder next time. << (thanks to Indofred here)
Want another example, a famous one?

Henry VIII. "Honor" killer. Like that group of headlines above -- a devout Muslim. Oh wait.

(/offtopic)
That Muslim has 0 authority to say such things, He is telling lies to the infidels. It in no way changes the Sharia position.

You are being had, which seems easy to do.

I'm dismayed at support for FGM. I don't care if it is religious or cultural, it is irrelevant. The support for the practice is disturbing. Talk about a war on women!

There isn't any 'support'. As I remember (this is an old thread somebody had to resurrect) it was one of those fake video polls where they manipulate people into agreeing with something stupid, just so they can make a YouTube upload out of it. No one who understands what FGM means actually supports the barbarity.

There isn't any 'support'. As I remember (this is an old thread somebody had to resurrect) it was one of those fake video polls where they manipulate people into agreeing with something stupid, just so they can make a YouTube upload out of it. No one who understands what FGM means actually supports the barbarity.
Except the parents of those children. What an incredibly idiotic thing to say.

I hope you're right.

Forum List

Back