Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

again, they are illegally detaining/hindering him.....unless he just committed a crime ....did he?

They are not detaining him........again.......watch the video.........at all times the black guy had freedom of movement.....there was absolutely nothing to prevent him from jogging on down the street as he should have.

There was no excuse for him to attack the white guy with the gun.

They are detaining him. According to the fathers own words the incident in the video is at least the 3rd time they attempted to cut Ahmaud off. They went above and beyond what Georgia law allows for a citizens arrest. Ahmaud is under no obligation to talk to them. The father and son needed to let him got and just dial 911 after the first attempt to stop him. Instead they followed him and cut him off 2 more times. This was harassment and not a citizens arrest. It seems clear Ahmaud is trying to avoid them in the video (which is at last the 3rd time they cut him off) by swerving and running around the right side of the truck. But Travis moves to the front of the truck and cuts him off. I'm wondering what was going through Ahmaud's mind at that point knowing these guys weren't going to let him go. IMO he had a right to assume a defensive posture. A jury will decide.

I'm a Trump supporter and big defender of the 2nd Amendment. But this type of vigilante justice is NOT why we have the right to own weapons. The father and son had a right to open carry. They had a right to request Ahmaud stop to talk to them. But once Ahmaud made it clear he did not want to talk to them, they did not have a right to cut him off 3 times and block his path with a show of intimidating force. The poor decisions made by the father and son led to this incident. Under Georgia law this looks like involuntary manslaughter at least.
..they can request to talk to him, but they don't have a right to.....if fact, that can be seen as harassment
harassment especially if they are holding firearms......I talk to people everyday--but they don't have firearms
Lookie here boyo...in this nation anyone has a right to talk or try to talk to anyone...not complicated at all.
.....do you know the law regarding harassment?
And anyone in this nation has the right to not be harassed by strangers without being shot. Boy.
Nope, there is no right not to be harrassed. you're in error.

this explains it perfectly:

But they did not try to make an arrest....you need to look up the definition of what an arrest is....it has been posted....try and keep up.
no, it was an ambush.
it was a confrontation to get information. It was not about killing the dude. Why would they call 911 ahead of their want to kill him? Sorry son, that isn't logical. you're in error.
you have no leg to stand on with regard to logic, codger. clean up your act

again, they are illegally detaining/hindering him.....unless he just committed a crime ....did he?

They are not detaining him........again.......watch the video.........at all times the black guy had freedom of movement.....there was absolutely nothing to prevent him from jogging on down the street as he should have.

They are detaining him. According to the fathers own words the incident in the video is at least the 3rd time they attempted to cut Ahmaud off. They went above and beyond what Georgia law allows for a citizens arrest. Ahmaud is under no obligation to talk to them. The father and son needed to let him got and just dial 911 after the first attempt to stop him. Instead they followed him and cut him off 2 more times. This was harassment and not a citizens arrest. It seems clear Ahmaud is trying to avoid them in the video (which is at last the 3rd time they cut him off) by swerving and running around the right side of the truck. But Travis moves to the front of the truck and cuts him off. I'm wondering what was going through Ahmaud's mind at that point knowing these guys weren't going to let him go. IMO he had a right to assume a defensive posture. A jury will decide.

I'm a Trump supporter and big defender of the 2nd Amendment. But this type of vigilante justice is NOT why we have the right to own weapons. The father and son had a right to open carry. They had a right to request Ahmaud stop to talk to them. But once Ahmaud made it clear he did not want to talk to them, they did not have a right to cut him off 3 times and block his path with a show of intimidating force. The poor decisions made by the father and son led to this incident. Under Georgia law this looks like involuntary manslaughter at least.
..they can request to talk to him, but they don't have a right to.....if fact, that can be seen as harassment
harassment especially if they are holding firearms......I talk to people everyday--but they don't have firearms
Lookie here boyo...in this nation anyone has a right to talk or try to talk to anyone...not complicated at all.
And anyone in this nation has the right to not be harassed by strangers without being shot. Boy.
Well don’t try to steal a gun. Man this black guy was crazy

i also talk to people I know carrying guns. why don't you think we shouldn't talk to someone with a gun?

Exactly....a lot of liberals have a gun phobia....in Georgia anyone can walk around with a gun as in a lot of states. Still yet the fear of guns is quite rampant thanks to the media.

However the black dude must have had no fear of guns....I mean who in their right mind will attack someone holding a shotgun? Maybe he was on drugs???

How would you feel about two people with guns chasing you?
I'd want to know why they were chasing me, and call the cops on my phone.

But they did not try to make an arrest....you need to look up the definition of what an arrest is....it has been posted....try and keep up.
no, it was an ambush.
it was a confrontation to get information. It was not about killing the dude. Why would they call 911 ahead of their want to kill him? Sorry son, that isn't logical. you're in error.
you have no video of a chase.

Exactly. They can ask Ahmad to stop and talk. But once Ahmaud starts trying to avoid them it's over. Dial 911 if they so choose.

The father and son did NOT just witness Ahmaud commit a crime, nor were they aware of him having just committed a crime. As we know, Ahmaud was not carrying any stolen items on him. This clearly does not fall under a citizens arrest according to Georgia law.

The fact that Georgia law allows these two guys to open carry is irrelevant. They used those weapons to chase and harass Ahmaud and ultimately block his path. That's harassment for sure. Unfortunately for all involved, that harassment led to Ahmaud's death.

he actually pulled the gun into his own midsection after it went off twice.

Go crawl back into your dumpster, trash

no, it was an ambush.
you have no video of a chase.
i do not need one. according to the vigilantes they chased the jogger until they finally managed to confront him. and oops, guy ended up dead. they will most likely get off in your ridiculous country, so no worries.

Half the black people you see walking around or jogging around seem to be crazy or on drugs....ever notice how they talk to themselves as they walk down the street?

It is quite common for them to do that.

he actually pulled the gun into his own midsection after it went off twice.
I bet you frequently blame rape victims for wearing short skirts, too.

There are laws against false imprisonment, however. At gunpoint, no less.

But that's not gonna fly anyway, you guys don't get to change the terms of controversy.

Those two clearly tried to make a citizen arrest. And they clearly didn't know how a citizen arrest is supposed to go down.

You can't just watch a video of a black guy breaking into a place and then when you see a black guy out jogging say, hey, there goes a black guy, lets get our gurns and go giteem and then call 911 while enroute and when asked what crime has been established, say he's a black feller runnin down our road.

That's not how things work.

If we’re going to rely on the media to give us proper information forget about it. It could come out of this guy was the robber we could be audio of him saying fucking white boy motherfuckers.. And it won’t release it and they won’t give us any information

i also talk to people I know carrying guns. why don't you think we shouldn't talk to someone with a gun?

Exactly....a lot of liberals have a gun phobia....in Georgia anyone can walk around with a gun as in a lot of states. Still yet the fear of guns is quite rampant thanks to the media.

However the black dude must have had no fear of guns....I mean who in their right mind will attack someone holding a shotgun? Maybe he was on drugs???

How would you feel about two people with guns chasing you?
I'd want to know why they were chasing me, and call the cops on my phone.

So you'd politely wait for them to kill you?

How kind.

Exactly. They can ask Ahmad to stop and talk. But once Ahmaud starts trying to avoid them it's over. Dial 911 if they so choose.

The father and son did NOT just witness Ahmaud commit a crime, nor were they aware of him having just committed a crime. As we know, Ahmaud was not carrying any stolen items on him. This clearly does not fall under a citizens arrest according to Georgia law.

The fact that Georgia law allows these two guys to open carry is irrelevant. They used those weapons to chase and harass Ahmaud and ultimately block his path. That's harassment for sure. Unfortunately for all involved, that harassment led to Ahmaud's death.

Again.......no citizens arrest was attempted......again look up the definition of arrest...again it has been posted. again....try and keep up.

They only had the weapons for self protection as in....they thought the suspect might be armed.....would you confront a criminal suspect without a weapon?

If we’re going to rely on the media to give us proper information forget about it. It could come out of this guy was the robber we could be audio of him saying fucking white boy motherfuckers.. And it won’t release it and they won’t give us any information
Shut up, garbage boy. You have zero credibility.

Half the black people you see walking around or jogging around seem to be crazy or on drugs....ever notice how they talk to themselves as they walk down the street?

It is quite common for them to do that.
Wtf does your weird delusions have to do with this case?
he seems to make the case that you can shoot black people at will, in self-defense, because they are most likely crazy or on drugs.

There are laws against false improisonment, however. At gunpoint, no less.

But that's not gonna fly anyway, you guys don't get to change the terms of controversy.

Those two clearly tried to make a citizen arrest. And they clearly didn't know how a citizen arrest is supposed to go down.

You can't just watch a video of a black guy breaking into a place and then when you see a black guy out jogging say, hey, there goes a black guy, lets get our gurns and go giteem and then call 911 while enroute and when asked what crime has been established, say he's a black feller runnin down our road.

That's not how things work.

They made no attempt to make a citizens arrest......the blacks guys freedom of movement was never restricted.

Forum List

Back