Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

..if the jogger had just robbed some place, and the men did not know about it, and shot him--I'd say GOOD !!!!!
..but if the jogger has committed no crime, the armed men are just like robbers/thugs/etc
so if the guy did rob some place, it's a good shoot to you? Not me. If the two men merely wanted to hold the guy until the cops got there, why is that wrong? The problem is, the jogger didn't allow that to happen when he grabbed the gun. The kid with the gun didn't hold it out and say, grab this, let's struggle and I'll kill you. hahaahahhahahahahaha
..the jogger robbed someone?
I have no idea. you should read the post again. i get it, you don't know what the word 'if' means.
even the police have to have probable cause

There is no "odds are" in this. Why would you make such a statement? It looks much more like two ignorant little Georgia crackers out to murder somebody.
There you go with the racial slurs again

I say the black guy initiated the physical contact based on common sense

the man holding the shotgun has no reason to wrestle with the other man
hahahahhahaah
jeus f christ people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the people in the truck INITIATED the problem----this is undeniable
..Zimmerheadman INITIATED the problem
As I keep pointing out this was an intersection of three dummies rather than just two

yes the father and son were wrong to confront the jogger

It appears they did call 911 but police reaction time is notoriously slow.

thats all they should have done

just follow the guy till the cops show up

if they had done that their lives would be much better today

the the jogger acted stupidly also by attempting to use force against 2 armed men

otherwise he would be alive today

Woulda coulda shoulda....that is a game that can be played endlessly in any situation...what if....they did not take their weapons and the suspect was armed?

In Georgia you have the right to carry weapons....as in a lot of states.....and if you are carrying a weapone and someone attacks you....what would you do?
Again, why put yourself in that situation if it isnt necessary?

If I had been them it would not have ended they way it did

Lookee here boyo.....monday morning quarterbacking is very easy.

Anyhow....they were within their legal rights to confront the guy....and if the dumbass had not decided to attack them then nothing would have happened.

What would you do if you had a gun and some guy attacks you?
Dont be so sure about that

y informstion is that neither the father or son witnessed an actual crime

You do not have to witness an actual crime to talk to or question someone....now if they had tried to arrest him...then what you say would have some significance...depending on how the jury felt about it....but they did not arrest or even attempt to arrest the black guy. At all times he had freedom of movement and thus was never under arrest....look up the definition of arrest and you will understand what I am saying.
I dont know what happened just before the shooting

My guess is the black guy initiated the physical contact

but thats only a guess

we do know the father and son put themselves in the situation that resulted in a killing

well if you fight back, grab the gun and the gun goes off during the struggle, that's on him
So, if you were walking down the street minding your own business, and a couple of black guys blocked your path, pulled out a gun, and told you you were being detained, and you were shot while struggling with them, you’d be at fault? You deserved it?
my hands on the weapon and I pull the weapon into my midsection and it goes off, indeed.

The black guy had plenty of room to keep on jogging down the street...anyone that has seen the video should be able to see that.
Even if they had told him he was being detained....which they did not.....that would give him no excuse to attack them.

All they told him was they needed to talk to him....obviously he must have got pissed off and decided to attack them....big mistake.
..with someone pointing a firearm at him??? !!!!..so the armed men didn't try to detain him? they just were letting him go by?

What is your definition of detain? you seem confused....they did tell him they needed to talk to him....do you call that being detained?

wtf wears a white cotton shirt to jog? And Khaki or Jean pants.. this is all bullshit

Well....the question of what he was doing before he started running or jogging might be of some relevance if that can be found out.

However according to reports he was known to regularly jog in that area.
his mom? fixed.

..if the jogger had just robbed some place, and the men did not know about it, and shot him--I'd say GOOD !!!!!
..but if the jogger has committed no crime, the armed men are just like robbers/thugs/etc
so if the guy did rob some place, it's a good shoot to you? Not me. If the two men merely wanted to hold the guy until the cops got there, why is that wrong? The problem is, the jogger didn't allow that to happen when he grabbed the gun. The kid with the gun didn't hold it out and say, grab this, let's struggle and I'll kill you. hahaahahhahahahahaha
..the jogger robbed someone?
I have no idea. you should read the post again. i get it, you don't know what the word 'if' means.
even the police have to have probable cause
yep. i know the law. Again, the two men called 911 to report a possible robber in the area. it was reported, they didn't want the dude to leave, that's according to them. All I know is what the video shows me. And you keep saying you know more than that. you don't.

well if you fight back, grab the gun and the gun goes off during the struggle, that's on him
So, if you were walking down the street minding your own business, and a couple of black guys blocked your path, pulled out a gun, and told you you were being detained, and you were shot while struggling with them, you’d be at fault? You deserved it?
my hands on the weapon and I pull the weapon into my midsection and it goes off, indeed.

The black guy had plenty of room to keep on jogging down the street...anyone that has seen the video should be able to see that.
Even if they had told him he was being detained....which they did not.....that would give him no excuse to attack them.

All they told him was they needed to talk to him....obviously he must have got pissed off and decided to attack them....big mistake.
..with someone pointing a firearm at him??? !!!!..so the armed men didn't try to detain him? they just were letting him go by?

What is your definition of detain? you seem confused....they did tell him they needed to talk to him....do you call that being detained?
1. is that all they said ----with firearms??? with firearms POINTED at him??

wtf wears a white cotton shirt to jog? And Khaki or Jean pants.. this is all bullshit

Well....the question of what he was doing before he started running or jogging might be of some relevance if that can be found out.

his mom? fixed.
that says frisk. Any one can be stopped and asked questions by cops. why do you think they don't have that right?

Anyhow....the operative word in this case is 'arrest' did the white guys perform a citizens arrest? Obviously not....as in ....once again...at no time was the black guys freedom of movement denied....he could have just kept on jogging to his hearts content.

..they drove from behind him to get ahead of him.......stop the very stupid shit--YOU KNOW they tried to detain him

There is no "odds are" in this. Why would you make such a statement? It looks much more like two ignorant little Georgia crackers out to murder somebody.

hahahahhahaah
As I keep pointing out this was an intersection of three dummies rather than just two

the the jogger acted stupidly also by attempting to use force against 2 armed men

Woulda coulda shoulda....that is a game that can be played endlessly in any situation...what if....they did not take their weapons and the suspect was armed?

In Georgia you have the right to carry weapons....as in a lot of states.....and if you are carrying a weapone and someone attacks you....what would you do?

ok. you weren't there, and the facts are, they called 911, they were going to hold the guy until they came, during the stop, the jogger attacks the kid with the gun, grabs the gun, it goes off once, they continue to struggle for the gun, and the gun goes off again, and they continue to struggle to control the gun and the gun goes off a third time into the joggers midsection, while he has it pulled into his own midsection. he put the gun there. Now if the man and his son had no authority to attempt a citizen arrest, then manslaughter would be what the charges for the death most likely will be. One has to prove intent to kill for any other murder charge. Let's wait and see how this plays out. I can only discuss what's in the video, and I described what I see.
and the facts are, they called 911, they were going to hold the guy until they came
Yes I think so

but it does not appear they had a legal right to detain him

his mom? fixed.
that says frisk. Any one can be stopped and asked questions by cops. why do you think they don't have that right?
EXACTLY--by COPS, not dumbass civilians

why was a friend following in a car taping him?
How do you know that was a friend?
oh for fk sake, it was in a link in post #95 here's the quote from that link;

Merritt said that the video was posted online anonymously and that he received it from someone who knew the victim. He said he believes the shooter's intention was to kill Arbery "without any proper justification," and he called the young man's death a "modern-day lynching."

again, they are illegally detaining/hindering him.....unless he just committed a crime ....did he?

They are not detaining him........again.......watch the video.........at all times the black guy had freedom of movement.....there was absolutely nothing to prevent him from jogging on down the street as he should have.

There was no excuse for him to attack the white guy with the gun.

They are detaining him. According to the fathers own words the incident in the video is at least the 3rd time they attempted to cut Ahmaud off. They went above and beyond what Georgia law allows for a citizens arrest. Ahmaud is under no obligation to talk to them. The father and son needed to let him got and just dial 911 after the first attempt to stop him. Instead they followed him and cut him off 2 more times. This was harassment and not a citizens arrest. It seems clear Ahmaud is trying to avoid them in the video (which is at last the 3rd time they cut him off) by swerving and running around the right side of the truck. But Travis moves to the front of the truck and cuts him off. I'm wondering what was going through Ahmaud's mind at that point knowing these guys weren't going to let him go. IMO he had a right to assume a defensive posture. A jury will decide.

I'm a Trump supporter and big defender of the 2nd Amendment. But this type of vigilante justice is NOT why we have the right to own weapons. The father and son had a right to open carry. They had a right to request Ahmaud stop to talk to them. But once Ahmaud made it clear he did not want to talk to them, they did not have a right to cut him off 3 times and block his path with a show of intimidating force. The poor decisions made by the father and son led to this incident. Under Georgia law this looks like involuntary manslaughter at least.

hahahahhahaah

Lookee here boyo.....monday morning quarterbacking is very easy.

Anyhow....they were within their legal rights to confront the guy....and if the dumbass had not decided to attack them then nothing would have happened.

What would you do if you had a gun and some guy attacks you?
Dont be so sure about that

y informstion is that neither the father or son witnessed an actual crime

You do not have to witness an actual crime to talk to or question someone....now if they had tried to arrest him...then what you say would have some significance...depending on how the jury felt about it....but they did not arrest or even attempt to arrest the black guy. At all times he had freedom of movement and thus was never under arrest....look up the definition of arrest and you will understand what I am saying.
I dont know what happened just before the shooting

My guess is the black guy initiated the physical contact

but thats only a guess

we do know the father and son put themselves in the situation that resulted in a killing
The father and son initiated the confrontation. That is why they are responsible for the outcome.

Forum List

Back