Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

That's why you don't argue with those people, if you're unarmed you avoid them.
If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.
no it wasn't there was no one in front of the man and he didn't have to run at that possible scenario. all he had to do was either turn around, veer to the right, but basically avoid the two dudes was well within his options. he choose differently than me.

And, the video clearly shows his own actions caused the gun to fire.

Not even close.

Well, that's interesting.

Is it him?

Did you hear that "engaged in no illegal activity"? Well, except trespassing. They forgot that one.

If it is him, and I'll concede it certainly could be, it does nothing to removed the responsibility for the shooting from Travis McMichael. Travis McMichael didn't see this video. Nothing in it gets McMichael off the hook.

If you kill someone because he trespassed for three minutes, you deserve to be charged with murder...

But if you kill someone who runs into you, despite you're holding a gun, that's self defense.

Not even close.

The McMichaels armed themselves and then pursued Arbery. Those two actions legally negate them from being able to claim self defense. The U.S. Attorney almost laughed when he read that determination by the local DA...

huh? if they have carry license, the act by the black man to wrestle the gun from the holder, is creating a threat.

If it is two against one and you pull out a gun, you're a pussy. Sorry and it was more than two as the dude in the truck behind them was their buddy. So 3 on 1? Why did they need a gun?

Even if they are innocent (they aren't) they are guilty of being pussies.

that isn't against the law is it? if someone wishes to show they are weak, it's allowed, right? I mean, this is america right? And again, the black man ran at the one man with a gun. The dude in the truck bed did not have a weapon in his hand when the black man approached. video is clear on that. The black man was not even detained, he had a clear path to continue his jog. He interrupted that jog. you show me something differently. Weak ass pussies or not. show that to me.

Forget laws. If you're a pussy then so be it. I won't say they are guilty of murder until I have more evidence but you and I agree that the assailants are pussies. Correct? And I am not going to defend pussies on the messageboard. I leave that for Leftists like JoeB and playtime. This country has weakened due to their PC culture and these assailants further weaken it. They didn't need a gun. Want to confront the person then do it like a man. I have zero time or respect for pussies and cowards.

I defend the constitution. just because they might be pussies doesn't change the constitutional process that they were engaged in. nothing they did was illegal. I'll even defend a leftist against someone who is mis-using constitutional rights.

I am not arguing legality as I don't have all the facts. That would be a Leftist trait. To me with what I see, at best I see manslaughter. Limited data. But from an intangible perspective the assailants are pussies. I have not time or inclination to defend pussies. That is my issue here.

so you don't see the black man actually attack the guy with the gun in that video? interesting.

I see a struggle. "Attack"?

If you point a gun at me and I disarm you. Did I "attack" you? Even if you don't point it but are holding it and I feel threatened and again disarm you, am I "attacking" you? YES!!! But no court would find me guilty of A&B as self defense would be plead and likely be successful.

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.
no it wasn't there was no one in front of the man and he didn't have to run at that possible scenario. all he had to do was either turn around, veer to the right, but basically avoid the two dudes was well within his options. he choose differently than me.

OK but doesn't change the variables of:

#1) It was 2 vs. 1
#2) No need for a gun due to #1

I posted several videos. Why did you only mention the first one? Your entire argument is based on lies. I posted several examples. Would you like 10 more that have nothing to do with someones home? 20? 30? How many must i post before you admit you are wrong?
I don't have time now to go into this further but I will answer your questions later on this evening if I have time.

In the meantime, I just checked with a CJTC firearm instructor (Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission) and he directed me to the specific page and paragraph in their training manual that answers your question which follows below. This is the same training I completed when I obtained my first WA Concealed Pistol License 19 years ago.
CRIMINAL PENALTIES FOR UNLAWFUL USE OF FORCE
Use of force or deadly force when law does not allow it may result in your arrest for assault or homicide.
Criminal charges for an assault with a firearm do not necessarily require that the gun be fired; for example, someone who threatens another without legal justification by pointing a gun at him or her has committed an assault.

An assault with a firearm is usually considered to be a first or second-degree assault (both of these are felonies). Conviction of such a crime may carry a sentence from ten to 20 years. Should your use of force result in the unlawful death of another person, you may be charged with either manslaughter if your recklessness caused the death, or murder if you intended to kill the person.

Penalties for manslaughter may be up to ten years in prison. Murder carries a sentence up to life in prison, unless certain aggravating circumstances exist, in which case the court may impose the death penalty [Washington State no longer has a death penalty as of a few years ago].

It is your responsibility as the person carrying or using a weapon to use it responsibly and within the law. Neither your employer nor any other person is criminally responsible for your acts with a firearm. Under criminal law, you alone have the responsibility for any display or firing of a firearm. If you have any doubt about your ability to make crucial life-and-death decisions regarding the use of deadly force, then you should not carry a firearm.
None of that has anything at all to do with our debate. You said its illegal to point a gun at someone. I showed you that is not true. Good samaritans can absolutely point a gun at a suspected criminal.

I posted several videos. Why did you only mention the first one? Your entire argument is based on lies. I posted several examples. Would you like 10 more that have nothing to do with someones home? 20? 30? How many must i post before you admit you are wrong?
I don't have time now to go into this further but I will answer your questions later on this evening if I have time.

In the meantime, I just checked with a CJTC firearm instructor (Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission) and he directed me to the specific page and paragraph in their training manual that answers your question which follows below. This is the same training I completed when I obtained my first WA Concealed Pistol License 19 years ago.
Use of force or deadly force when law does not allow it may result in your arrest for assault or homicide.
Criminal charges for an assault with a firearm do not necessarily require that the gun be fired; for example, someone who threatens another without legal justification by pointing a gun at him or her has committed an assault.

An assault with a firearm is usually considered to be a first or second-degree assault (both of these are felonies). Conviction of such a crime may carry a sentence from ten to 20 years. Should your use of force result in the unlawful death of another person, you may be charged with either manslaughter if your recklessness caused the death, or murder if you intended to kill the person.

Penalties for manslaughter may be up to ten years in prison. Murder carries a sentence up to life in prison, unless certain aggravating circumstances exist, in which case the court may impose the death penalty [Washington State no longer has a death penalty as of a few years ago].

It is your responsibility as the person carrying or using a weapon to use it responsibly and within the law. Neither your employer nor any other person is criminally responsible for your acts with a firearm. Under criminal law, you alone have the responsibility for any display or firing of a firearm. If you have any doubt about your ability to make crucial life-and-death decisions regarding the use of deadly force, then you should not carry a firearm.
None of that has anything at all to do with our debate. You said its illegal to point a gun at someone. I showed you that is not true. Good samaritans can absolutely point a gun at a suspected criminal.
LMAO... those two were definitely not "good Samaritans".

Wow...the stupidity.

Why did they stop the truck in the middle of the street? No one an answer that question.
Does it really matter given what this guy decided to do?

Assume they stop the truck in the middle of the road and pull out 40 guns and pointed to them at him.

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not run toward the house is

Not say what do you want

No, charge of the guys hole in the guns and try to take them away.

:Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not run toward the houses

Not say what do you want

No, charge at the guys holding the guns and try to take them away.

:laughing0301:

Not one person here believes that was the right thing to do. Not one of you. You all know that he was acting stupidly or aggressively.

Two huge armed white men in a truck. How would he know they wouldn’t shoot him if he ran?

How?

They already passed by him and didn't shoot him.
That doesn't mean anything. They blocked his path. Why would any sane person stop a truck in the middle of the street. You do that in Boston and we are swinging. That is just not a rational move. At least not here in the Northeast.

Yes, they blocked his path. That's what you do when you want to stop someone.
You block my path you better get ready to man up. They had no right. Call the police. It was at worst two on one. Don't need a gun if you're a man.
The jogger is “manning up” in a funeral home somewhere
Yep. But he and I are completely different people.
Famous last words
I am 100% confident I would handle it quite well. You can come to Boston and see for yourself if you like...
Of sure

an internet tough guy

so you are claiming you could whup the black joggers ass?

because he could not get it done
Definitely. He is likely tired too as he was running. I am not an "internet tough guy". I am a reasonable person. I also have a minority interest in three MMA gyms and have been training in MMA since I was 14. I am 39 now. I am not afraid of a confrontation. Doesn't mean I go looking for trouble either. The assailants were and they were pussies for using a gun when they had a 3 on 1 advantage. Pussies. Capital P.
First off, you utter fucking moron, his old ass dad in the back of the truck doesnt count. Secondly, the guy filming didnt know any of those people, so why on earth would anyone expect him to help? He obviously didnt. This was a suspected criminal attacking another man who had a gun.

You can shove that tough guy shit up your ass. Violent criminals should be shot dead on sight.
What did you say fat boy? Why doesn't his old ass dad count? He is not a person? There is proof this man was a "violent criminal"? You're another KKK asshole, eh?

Damn, you people are just as bad as the Leftists on this site. Call me a fucking moron to my face and see what happens. Pussy.
His dad wasnt in any position to help his son if that guy got the shotgun from him. It would have taken him way too long to even get out of the truck. The son was on his own. Furthermore, why would you risk a physical confrontation with a violent criminal when you have a gun? Just shoot him. Taking chances in a fight is for idiots.

Youre dumb.

Wow...the stupidity.
Sure they were. They were tracking a criminal whom they recognized from crime scene footage. That is by definition a good samaritan.

Why did they stop the truck in the middle of the street? No one an answer that question.

Assume they stop the truck in the middle of the road and pull out 40 guns and pointed to them at him.

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not one person here believes that was the right thing to do. Not one of you. You all know that he was acting stupidly or aggressively.

Two huge armed white men in a truck. How would he know they wouldn’t shoot him if he ran?

How?

That doesn't mean anything. They blocked his path. Why would any sane person stop a truck in the middle of the street. You do that in Boston and we are swinging. That is just not a rational move. At least not here in the Northeast.

You block my path you better get ready to man up. They had no right. Call the police. It was at worst two on one. Don't need a gun if you're a man.
Famous last words
I am 100% confident I would handle it quite well. You can come to Boston and see for yourself if you like...
Of sure

an internet tough guy

Definitely. He is likely tired too as he was running. I am not an "internet tough guy". I am a reasonable person. I also have a minority interest in three MMA gyms and have been training in MMA since I was 14. I am 39 now. I am not afraid of a confrontation. Doesn't mean I go looking for trouble either. The assailants were and they were pussies for using a gun when they had a 3 on 1 advantage. Pussies. Capital P.
First off, you utter fucking moron, his old ass dad in the back of the truck doesnt count. Secondly, the guy filming didnt know any of those people, so why on earth would anyone expect him to help? He obviously didnt. This was a suspected criminal attacking another man who had a gun.

You can shove that tough guy shit up your ass. Violent criminals should be shot dead on sight.
What did you say fat boy? Why doesn't his old ass dad count? He is not a person? There is proof this man was a "violent criminal"? You're another KKK asshole, eh?

Damn, you people are just as bad as the Leftists on this site. Call me a fucking moron to my face and see what happens. Pussy.
His dad wasnt in any position to help his son if that guy got the shotgun from him. It would have taken him way too long to even get out of the truck. The son was on his own. Furthermore, why would you risk a physical confrontation with a violent criminal when you have a gun? Just shoot him. Taking chances in a fight is for idiots.

Youre dumb.
???? Why not ???? 64 is not Joe Biden and his 77 but looks like 94.

How do you know the man was a "violent criminal" and if he was why not use a cell phone and take a picture?

Wow...the stupidity.
Sure they were. They were tracking a criminal whom they recognized from crime scene footage. That is by definition a good samaritan.

Criminal or Violent Criminal? Killing someone without a judge and jury makes one a good Samaritan? Oh...

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

How?

Famous last words
Of sure

an internet tough guy

Youre dumb.

How do you know the man was a "violent criminal" and if he was why not use a cell phone and take a picture?
We knew he was violent because HE ATTACKED A MAN IN THE VIDEO! Bro, if you havent seen the video, you shouldnt be talking about this story.

Wow...the stupidity.

Criminal or Violent Criminal? Killing someone without a judge and jury makes one a good Samaritan? Oh...
When someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense. A man who is hitting you and trying to take your gun away is a dire threat.

Not run at the trees

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

Not run the other way

Not say what do you want

How?

Famous last words
Of sure

an internet tough guy

Youre dumb.

We knew he was violent because HE ATTACKED A MAN IN THE VIDEO! Bro, if you havent seen the video, you shouldnt be talking about this story.
But the assailant assumed he was violent before the confrontation. Otherwise why have a gun when you have a 2 on 1 advantage?

Wow...the stupidity.

When someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense. A man trying to take your gun away is a dire threat.
And a man pointing a gun at you is also a dire threat. No gun and there is no death in this case. Don't stop the truck in the middle of the street and act like a cop.

Wow...the stupidity.

When someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense. A man trying to take your gun away is a dire threat.
And a man pointing a gun at you is also a dire threat. No gun and there is no death in this case. Don't stop the truck in the middle of the street and act like a cop.
Where is your evidence that he pointed his gun at him? Prove that claim or look like the complete fool that we all know you are.

There was one assailant.

#1) It was 2 vs. 1
where was it 2 vs 1? I only see the kid wrestling with the black man 1 vs 1. Again, the black man had an option to turn around or veer to the right, there were never two against one. never. his options available removed that position.

Wow...the stupidity.

Where is your evidence that he pointed his gun at him? Prove that claim or look like the complete fool that we all know you are.
he can't. the video clearly shows at the 22 second mark, the black man had his hands on the gun prior to the first shot going off. he can't deny that. to do so, makes him a leftist.

Wow...the stupidity.

You don't know H2H combat well. A gun like that would have to be pointed for the outcome to be what it was. And when we see them wrestle, you see how it transpired. No other option. You'll see as the case gets resolved. My apologies, I had no idea you were a neophyte to H2H combat.

Wow...the stupidity.

no one pointed a gun at the black man.

There was one assailant.

#1) It was 2 vs. 1
where was it 2 vs 1? I only see the kid wrestling with the black man 1 vs 1. Again, the black man had an option to turn around or veer to the right, there were never two against one. never. his options available removed that position.
There were two in the truck and two were arrested. With a gun pointed at you, many don't turn their back and run.

Wow...the stupidity.

no one pointed a gun at the black man.
You don't know H2H combat very well. For them to be in the position they were in the gun had to be pointed at him already. No other option.

Forum List

Back