Vietnam War and question for the boomer generation

Those troops mostly did not choose to go, but they went and in the field deserved every bit of the support of the American people.

Those who resisted the war were supporting our troops
Those who claimed “we can win this thing if we only had 100,000 more troops” were the traitors
I can agree for those that stayed here, not those that took an active part against our troops over there. There is a difference, you are not understanding.

History proved there was no Domino Theory
History did no such thing though lib revisionists historians are still trying

We fought the communist bloc to a standstill in Asia and no vital countries fell under Marxist domination by force of arms after vietnam
The Communists won in Vietnam
There were no Dominos

Those troops mostly did not choose to go, but they went and in the field deserved every bit of the support of the American people.

Those who resisted the war were supporting our troops
Those who claimed “we can win this thing if we only had 100,000 more troops” were the traitors
I can agree for those that stayed here, not those that took an active part against our troops over there. There is a difference, you are not understanding.
Fonda was wrong to visit Vietnam
Overall, she was right about the war

More people died for listening to Bob Hope than listening to Jane Fonda

History did no such thing though lib revisionists historians are still trying

We fought the communist bloc to a standstill in Asia and no vital countries fell under Marxist domination by force of arms after vietnam

We took a Civil War in Vietnam and turned it into a Cold War proxy.
Needlessly cost millions of lives

In science, one verifies one's observations by submitting them to peer review. I remember something very clearly from the Vietnam War, but liberal friends and acquaintances tell me it never happened. I have done internet research, but I can't find anything in regards to this issue. Now I know she made those comments before the internet, but they should be in the history of the time. So here is the question for all the boomer generation that may be on this site: I remember Jane Fonda praising the Khmer Rouge for their victory in Cambodia; do you remember it? Do you have a source that would back up my memories?
/——/ Yes, I remember it. Traitor Jane.

Why were we even there?

Was it that domino theory nonsense?

All the evils we predicted if Vietnam turned Communist never happened.
We killed millions needlessly because we couldn’t mind our own business
Kennedy got boots on the ground, and LBJ went full bore with his war machine. Yep Progressive Demoncraps sure do like to kill lots of people, needlessly...

Why were we even there?

Kennedy got boots on the ground, and LBJ went full bore with his war machine. Yep Progressive Demoncraps sure do like to kill lots of people, needlessly...
You may have a point if you can show me any prominent Republicans who opposed the war

Fonda's trip to Hanoi where she sat on a V.C. anti-aircraft weapon pretending to shoot down Americans while American fliers were held under barbaric conditions nearby should rank high enough on the treason scale for most people who are still interested. Not to be forgotten is old Canadian born Donald Southerland who traveled with her.

In science, one verifies one's observations by submitting them to peer review. I remember something very clearly from the Vietnam War, but liberal friends and acquaintances tell me it never happened. I have done internet research, but I can't find anything in regards to this issue. Now I know she made those comments before the internet, but they should be in the history of the time. So here is the question for all the boomer generation that may be on this site: I remember Jane Fonda praising the Khmer Rouge for their victory in Cambodia; do you remember it? Do you have a source that would back up my memories?
She visited Vietnam in 1972, and part of her trip took her on a tour of Hanoi (then in North Vietnam), during which she accused the US of deliberately bombing some dikes. As far as I know, she offered no proof. While there, she was photographed all happy and smilin', sitting on the same type of AA gun the NVA used to shoot down our pilots. Needless to say, she got pilloried for this in the press.

As far as I know, she never had any connection or made any statements about the Khmer Rouge. It's impossible to prove that someone didn't do something, of course, but until a transcript or a recording surfaces, my professional assessment as a historian says that this is most likely a case of people who already don't like her, exaggerating her evilness.

Fifty thousand young guys (many enslaved via the draft) died needlessly in that fucking useless fiasco. It made me ashamed to be an American.

I escaped it by joining the Navy.

And Jane Fonda remains a hero of mine for doing what she did.
Thank you for your service.

Why were we even there?

You may have a point if you can show me any prominent Republicans who opposed the war
Who got US involved in the Gulf War?

Why were we even there?

That was a big part, yes.

It was a French colony that successfully rebelled in the 1950s. The northern half started leaning Communist, so fear of the dominos falling led us to install a pro-Western puppet in the South, who turned out to be a persecution-happy psycho dictator that everybody hated. The CIA backed a military coup that had that guy killed, then Kennedy was shot, then between the threat of Communism and the sparks from the Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964, we were off an running.

It was pretty stupid, all in all.

Why were we even there?

That was a big part, yes.

It was a French colony that successfully rebelled in the 1950s. The northern half started leaning Communist, so fear of the dominos falling led us to install a pro-Western puppet in the South, who turned out to be a persecution-happy psycho dictator that everybody hated. The CIA backed a military coup that had that guy killed, then Kennedy was shot, then between the threat of Communism and the sparks from the Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964, we were off an running.

It was pretty stupid, all in all.
In WWII the French left Vietnam to fight the Japanese on their own. After the war, Ho Chi Minh campaigned rightfully for independence. The US sold them out and supported French Colonialism
We drove them into the hands of the Communists.

I remember little about Vietnam accept my brother and two of our neighbors where drafted or enlisted. My brother came back, the others are still in Vietnam. Vague memory of Fonda being shown chumming it up with the enemy. Who was worse, LBJ & McNamara or the entitled liberal contrarians thumbing their rich entitled noses at everything? Sorry can't answer your question. Don't remember, not sure if it matters anymore.

Forum List

Back