Vikings were terrifying

Good picks. I hated 1984, though.
The Vikings, now ...
They were truly cosmopolitan, traded as far east as Afghanistan, all over Europe, the Middle East. They bathed regularly and cleaned their ears. They found North America way before the Europeans, but they kept it to themselves, because who gives up their best fishing spot?
Wasn't it Asians before the Bering Straight unfroze ?

The Vikings, now ...
They were truly cosmopolitan, traded as far east as Afghanistan, all over Europe, the Middle East. They bathed regularly and cleaned their ears. They found North America way before the Europeans, but they kept it to themselves, because who gives up their best fishing spot?
Well, if you want to go that far back, sure.

Vikings were terrifying-

.... but so very interesting looking..... and in my opinion so exceedingly attractive! ..... we like very much ....

it's all a matter of taste my friends!

not a snowflake in sight...not a pink hat in sight.....not a soyboy in sight

lovely!:2up:

1612751699524.png

Possibly how a woman Viking Warrior looked...she looked good!:up:

1612753224883.png

Last edited:
The Vikings, now ...
The Bering Strait (not Straight) was a land bridge, not a frozen ocean.

And a Viking man ....how they have their hair, and all that...I'm weak on my knees...

I like it ...what's not to like?

my friends, there is absolutely everything to like.....heheheh

1612753860773.png

Last edited:
They were also slave and sex slave traders. Some even say they were the Philistines
Not traditionally, and not to any great extent before advanced sailboat shipbuilding techniques of the 1400s or so.

The concept of a Holy Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost was originally the Vikings' or Aryans' (white people's) interpretation of the Christian religion as it was revealed to them.

There is too much the lady to the Roman Catholic religion, which the Vikings rejected with stories of a lady's beard, the loud footfalls of a cat and other things that ought not to be.

Odin was highly thought of, as was his wife, Frig. The anglicized version of his name was Woden or Wooden.
They named a day of the week after him, and named a day for his wife too. Wooden'sday has evolved into Wednesday, and Friday for Frig.

They bathed regularly and cleaned their ears
That's debatable to the extent that they lived indoors versus doing any actual work or gainful employment in those days which was generally out in the elements where they took a swim in cold water, or a drenching downpour, built a fire to dry off when they had the chance.

Ladies weren't so coddled and pampered and helpless in those days either.

Beowulf was an awesome Vikings tale. Lots of mead drinking, monster slaying, and the tear jerker ending, with his funeral ship floating away in flames. Good stuff. Worth a read.
Beowulf isn't Viking, it's Anglo-Saxon.
What's the difference? It's a story about Danes and Geats in Scandinavia. They're not Vikings?

They bathed regularly and cleaned their ears
That's debatable to the extent that they lived indoors versus doing any actual work or gainful employment in those days which was generally out in the elements where they took a swim in cold water, or a drenching downpour, built a fire to dry off when they had the chance.

Ladies weren't so coddled and pampered and helpless in those days either.
Just going by the link A put up.

Odin was highly thought of, as was his wife, Frig. The anglicized version of his name was Woden or Wooden.
They named a day of the week after him, and named a day for his wife too. Wooden'sday has evolved into Wednesday, and Friday for Frig.
Odin is also known as "the Evil One" or «den Onde» in Swedish. The Finns refuse to name a day of the week after such a wicked ogre, instead saying «keskiviikko,» i.e., “mid-week.”

Weddings are traditionally not held on Wednesday, because there are superstitions of an “evil eye” of adultery.

Forum List

Back