Virginia Governor's race - This could be the beginning

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Ken Cuccinelli Shows How to Lose the Virginia Governor's Race to Terry McAuliffe - US News and World Report

The day of reckoning indeed. The Virginia governor's race is a perfect illustration of what happens when a party's crank wing – in the GOP's case the tea party zealots currently running the show – gets too much power. Start with the candidate: Cuccinelli has earned a reputation as a tea party darling and conservative crusader.

The GOP needs to decide if they want to continue to allow the TP to call the shots, This race is a perfect example of what they could be facing.

Ken Cuccinelli Shows How to Lose the Virginia Governor's Race to Terry McAuliffe - US News and World Report

The day of reckoning indeed. The Virginia governor's race is a perfect illustration of what happens when a party's crank wing – in the GOP's case the tea party zealots currently running the show – gets too much power. Start with the candidate: Cuccinelli has earned a reputation as a tea party darling and conservative crusader.

The GOP needs to decide if they want to continue to allow the TP to call the shots, This race is a perfect example of what they could be facing.

Cuccinelli is not a Tea Party member.

the beginning of what?.....electing lowlifes as Governors?...

PLEASE! I am so sick of all the denials. He is a TP candidate! He is taking tons of money from the TP and he has their fingerprints all over him.

You people remind me of a football team fan whose team loses big. When you ask them is what they thought of the game they say, "Oh I didn;t watch it."

You know Cuch is about to go down so you decide is has no affiliation with the TP.....right:lol::lol:

Cuccinellis a TeaP in action and belief.

He takes TeaP money.

The TeaPs love him.

And, TeaPs, that why he is going to lose.

the beginning of what?.....electing lowlifes as Governors?...

The beginning of the beat down the GOP is going to suffer when they allow the Baggers to drag them around by the nose.

True.

And given the democratic candidate’s background, had sane republicans the courage to stand up to the extreme right and run a pragmatic candidate more interested in responsible governance than violating citizens’ civil liberties, the GOP would likely win this race.

And the bottom line is that the Dems are so worried about this that they are pouring tens of thousands of outside $$$$$ to stop the GOP candidate from winning!!!!!

PLEASE! I am so sick of all the denials. He is a TP candidate! He is taking tons of money from the TP and he has their fingerprints all over him.

You people remind me of a football team fan whose team loses big. When you ask them is what they thought of the game they say, "Oh I didn;t watch it."

You know Cuch is about to go down so you decide is has no affiliation with the TP.....right:lol::lol:

Well you're convinced. :eusa_whistle:

Personally I don't care if you don't know what the Tea Party is. I've met many low information voters that didn't have a clue. Hopefully McAulliffe doesn't win though. I'd hate to see Virginians losing their rights.

And the bottom line is that the Dems are so worried about this that they are pouring tens of thousands of outside $$$$$ to stop the GOP candidate from winning!!!!!

It's important to keep it fair. We wouldn't want someone like Cuch buying an election.

But there is even worse news for the GOP in the election. READ THIS!

If Robert Sarvis (VA) gets 10% of the popular vote, the Libertarian Candidate will automatically be in the debates next election cycle. : Libertarian

Virginia is usually pretty split on Republican/Democrat. In our current gubernatorial election, our Republican candidate is anti-gay and anti-choice. Our Democrat candidate is anti-gun and pro big government. What am I to do...

Well, turns out there is a Libertarian candidate who has sucked a lot of votes (If the media is to be believed) from the Republican candidate. Currently polling at 9%, the Libertarian (Who has not been allowed to participate in any of the debates) is doing unusually well in this state.

But the interesting thing to me, and the thing that may absolutely get my vote, is that if the candidate gets 10% of the popular vote, then the candidate for that party next election cycle will automatically be permitted in the debates. To me, this is huge. As much as people complain about the two party system, I currently see a vote for Sarvis as a way to ensure that more people get to hear from the Libertarians next election. It currently looks like, either way, the stereotype Democrat is going to be elected this term. I figure I might as well throw my vote in to get the "unelectable third party" into the spotlight.

If Sarvis gets 10%, the Libertarians is automatically in the next debates.

Let's see if you can say....thank you Citizens United.
Is that not the big downfall of making something bad to worse.

You miss the point.

Whatever the source of the extremism, be it TPM idiocy or the usual nonsense from the social right, a majority of the voters will understandably and correctly reject a republican candidate advocating that extremism.

Bloomie's pouring money into Virginia, as well as La Raza and the Unions.

Interesting to note that a few weeks back, MacAuliffe's boys were busy spreading the tale that if Cuccinelli was elected, he would outlaw fellatio. The Democrats were evidently going to great lengths to spread some panic in their base.

Gonna be interesting to see whether MacAuliffe has any of Obama's luck, which 'Slick' allegedly referred to in the new book as "Luckier than a dog with two dicks"
We know MacAuliffe hit the jackpot while 'Slick' was pres. One of "Slick's' and Mr MacAuliffe's golfing partners on Nantucket was a gent named Garry Winnick who happened to be the founder of fiber optic company called Global Crossing. They apparently traded more than tips on which clubs to use where, when they were out on the course or in the club house, because Mr MacAuliffe just happened to invest a measly sum of $50,000 into Mr Winnicks company in return for some stock which Mr MacAuliffe sold for some five millions just before the company folded, leaving the poor widows and orphans holding the bag. Now a bankruptcy judge later ordered Mr Winnick to cough up some 67 million of his ill gotten gains for the benefit of the widows and orphans, but left Mr MacAuliffe untouched. Its not wachuno its whoyuno.

That may be one reason but I am optimistic that it means that the Libertarian Party is making some headway in our state. Sarvis is a good guy, I think that he got a bum deal not being to be able to participate in the debates, and his presentations isn't the greatest.The last I heard, Sarvis is holding at 10% and probably took away some votes from Cuccinelli. I don't see e.w. jackson winning the Lt. Gov. position either.

ETA: Macauliffe (sp) did receive an endorsement from the republican mayor of Virginia Beach (Sessoms).

Last edited:

He is certainly being endorsed by the Tea Party in Hampton Roads. A rep was on Macrini's show (WNIS 790am) the other morning.

Forum List

Back