Virginia Senate Passes Bill Scrapping Lee-Jackson Day As A State Holiday

RICHMOND, Va. (WSET) -- A bill that would scrap the state's Lee-Jackson holiday, celebrating two Confederate generals, has passed the Virginia Senate. Governor Ralph Northam has also proposed to make Election Day a state holiday so that every Virginian has the time and opportunity to cast their ballot.

Senate votes to scrap Lee-Jackson Day in Virginia, make Election Day state holiday

Times are changing fast boys and girls.
I think election day being a state holiday is more important than a holiday celebrating traitors...

I think election day should be a federal holiday....it insures a higher voter turn out -- something that scares Republicans shit less...

Why should election day be a holiday if early voting is allowed?

One or the other, not both.

Better yet --- why should Election Day be on a friggin' Tuesday?

More eighteenth-century technology whose time passed generations ago.

Better a weekday than a weekend. if you want to go with one day voting you want mass transit and other things to be on a weekday schedule.
Good luck getting transit unions to agree to that though.

"Mass transit"? :laughing0301:

You're suddenly concerned about the city vote now?

I am never against valid voters voting.

Find one example of me saying otherwise.

"we are one people, united" unless you disagree with us, then off to the gulags with you.

Tell me where these "gulags". Is someone dragging you out of your house? Where do you live? Who is doing this? Who is hurting you? Give some specifics. Where are you at? Who is coming to take you away?

Just because you can't do it just yet, doesn't mean you don't want to. Those Bernie supporters weren't outliers, it's how you SJW soi boi's actually think.

"Soi boi is"?

Hard to do, four fuckups in three words. That's efficient.

:cuckoo:

Engineer, not an english major.

Language IS engineering. And not all of them are linguistic anyway. For one thing the poster you addressed is female.

There are no girls on the internet. Rule 16.

RICHMOND, Va. (WSET) -- A bill that would scrap the state's Lee-Jackson holiday, celebrating two Confederate generals, has passed the Virginia Senate. Governor Ralph Northam has also proposed to make Election Day a state holiday so that every Virginian has the time and opportunity to cast their ballot.

Senate votes to scrap Lee-Jackson Day in Virginia, make Election Day state holiday

Times are changing fast boys and girls.

Cultural genocide continues. And there are southerners who will still vote fir people who hate them.

Those brave southern soldiers were willing to die for their country but they would be so ashamed of some of their descendants.

It’s what...the homosexual marriage? The pro-Iranian stance? The anti-second amendment platform? Hatred of whites and Christians?

Or is it just the handouts that keep them voting...permanent serfhood.l and dependence equals slaves.

First thing Chairman Mao did when he took over was to direct his subservient hoards to remove and destroy any reminder of China's pre-communist past; churches, temples, museums, books, statues, and murder teachers.

Today's lefty liberals are embracing this same commie agenda. .. :cool:

You destroy a people by destroying their culture.

I think election day being a state holiday is more important than a holiday celebrating traitors...

I think election day should be a federal holiday....it insures a higher voter turn out -- something that scares Republicans shit less...

Better a weekday than a weekend. if you want to go with one day voting you want mass transit and other things to be on a weekday schedule.

I didn't say you were "against". I marveled that you're 'concerned'.

I didn't say you were "against". I marveled that you're 'concerned'.

I want voting to be on one day, in person. letting people get to the polls effectively is a concern of mine.

I also want voting to require an ID, not a big requirement considering how easy it is to get one.

Forum List

Back