🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

Think about all the women who if the got pregnant, whether or not they would have an abortion or not, like having the right to decide.

I would guess 80% or more do not want their choice taken away. And so they should vote accordingly in November.

Someone should dump the aborted babies on them at the protest then see their response.:lol:

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly.

Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature.

The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post

Think about all the women who if the got pregnant, whether or not they would have an abortion or not, like having the right to decide.

I would guess 80% or more do not want their choice taken away. And so they should vote accordingly in November.

Oh, this bogeyman? You do realize that abortion has been ruled a right by the SCOTUS and thus can't be made illegal. Correct?

Your scare tactics are hilarious though.

No one is calling for taking away your choice to abort your child..

good grief.

but vote anyway.

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly.

Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature.

The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post
So?

You do know that is not going to happen, right?

Or do you really think most folks are going to buy your bullshit?

Someone should dump the aborted babies on them at the protest then see their response.:lol:

UNWANTED CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THIS WORLD TO BE ABUSED.

An egg is not a chicken.

I am a woman who had to wrestle with a teenage pregnancy and chose to KEEP my child..Planned parenthood counseled me to ABORT. THAT is why this topic is so close to my heart
raised BOTH my children without any help from you or the TAXPAYERS (one as a single parent)
now you can kindly fuck off and die

That is very interesting Stephanie. You should be very proud.

May I ask how you supported your child as a teenager? It must have been tough. Where did you work? How did you pay for the birth?

Had a thing called, family dear.
Back then I worked for the Secretary of State of Illinois..was a keypunch operator. took it as a vocational course after school.
amazing how those things can work IF you put your heart and soul and Pride into it.
anything else you want to know?..lol

Good for you...

It shows that having a good family structure behind you can help support your baby. I imagine it was quite some time ago if you were a keypunch operator. Many young girls who got pregnant when you did were thrown out by their family. It was an embarrassment.

Can you imagine if your family wasn't there to support you? If you had to pay for the delivery, rent, food, a babysitter all on a keypunch operators salary?

Why are you so vindictive of young women who do not benefit from the same family support structure you had?

I don't know who sits around and comes up with this stupid shit..put it's pathetic.

state mandated rape.

yet these same people have no problems with them wanting to force us to pay for their abortions.

It's cheaper than having to pay for all the unwanted children who become criminals.

Is there no room in your heart for the sanctity of life?

Is there no room in your brain to realize that a grain sized embryo is NOT a human being???

Oh ok, just kill them off like good Nazis you are. :cuckoo:

FYI...the majority of abortions are done by repeat offenders that use it like a condom, just a messier condom with the blood and guts in the end.

You and them will burn in hell someday, as will Pelosi and gang.

UNWANTED CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THIS WORLD TO BE ABUSED.

An egg is not a chicken.

May I ask how you supported your child as a teenager? It must have been tough. Where did you work? How did you pay for the birth?

Back then I worked for the Secretary of State of Illinois..was a keypunch operator. took it as a vocational course after school.
amazing how those things can work IF you put your heart and soul and Pride into it.

Good for you...

It shows that having a good family structure behind you can help support your baby. I imagine it was quite some time ago if you were a keypunch operator. Many young girls who got pregnant when you did were thrown out by their family. It was an embarrassment.

Can you imagine if your family wasn't there to support you? If you had to pay for the delivery, rent, food, a babysitter all on a keypunch operators salary?

Why are you so vindictive of young women who do not benefit from the same family support structure you had?

again I ask, why can't these poor women who don't want children take the appropriate steps to make sure they don't get pregnant in the first place?

Good for you...

again I ask, why can't these poor women who don't want children take the appropriate steps to make sure they don't get pregnant in the first place?
Because they are also human and they are not perfect.

Good for you...

not vindictive dear...
And we all have a family..
I had to GROW up fast and learn the basics of what life is about.. and what caused my son was a good start... by the way he'll be 40 soon..damn I'm getting old.

you know that saying, where there is a WILL there is a WAY..

I think any contact with another persons genitals without it being a mutually consensual procedure should be treated as sexual abuse or assault, not rape. It isn't my fault that idiots like you think a normal medical procedure that is consensual is rape, and also think someone groping another person without their consent is perfectly acceptable.
It isn't a normal medical procedure when an abortion is going to be performed.

Bullshit.

Sorry, your sand trail isn't an argument.

And you'd be melting down if someone altered your post. :lol:

Good for you...

Because they are also human and they are not perfect.

No one said they should be, but for the love of God not using a condom is NOT a mistake.

It isn't a normal medical procedure when an abortion is going to be performed.

Bullshit.

Sorry, your sand trail isn't an argument.

And you'd be melting down if someone altered your post. :lol:
LMAO!

(I suggest you look up 'ellipses', whiner.)

Aside from that, you are flat wrong. Well, unless the abortion is being done by a drunk charlatan who has no interest in keeping his license and/or his malpractice premiums down.

Strive for better than ignorant AND dishonest.

Good for you...

not vindictive dear...
And we all have a family..
I had to GROW up fast and learn the basics of what life is about.. and what caused my son was a good start... by the way he'll be 40 soon..damn I'm getting old.

you know that saying, where there is a WILL there is a WAY..

Not every girl who gets pregnant has a family firmly behind them like you did. Be honest Steph......could you have supported your son by yourself if you did not have your family behind you?

You do know that is not going to happen, right?

Or do you really think most folks are going to buy your bullshit?

I could ask you the very same question. Is the public going to buy your spin that this is an attack on religous freedom, or is this really an attack on women and their right to choose.

It depends on who's framing the message. And by the topic of this thread, seems like we are the ones controlling the narrative. This isn't about religous freedoms. This is about the religous right trying to force their beliefs into our society.

If your boss was a scientologist and they don't believe in chemotherapy, can he deny you that treatment if you get cancer?

Forum List

Back