🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

Good for you...

It shows that having a good family structure behind you can help support your baby. I imagine it was quite some time ago if you were a keypunch operator. Many young girls who got pregnant when you did were thrown out by their family. It was an embarrassment.

Can you imagine if your family wasn't there to support you? If you had to pay for the delivery, rent, food, a babysitter all on a keypunch operators salary?

Why are you so vindictive of young women who do not benefit from the same family support structure you had?

not vindictive dear...
And we all have a family..
I had to GROW up fast and learn the basics of what life is about.. and what caused my son was a good start... by the way he'll be 40 soon..damn I'm getting old.

you know that saying, where there is a WILL there is a WAY..

Not every girl who gets pregnant has a family firmly behind them like you did. Be honest Steph......could you have supported your son by yourself if you did not have your family behind you?

and why wouldn't I of? which they were there until I finished school then moved on my own.
are you saying the people in this country are helpless or hopeless?

Last edited:
Whenever it is between a religions belief and our society and laws, religion always takes a back seat.

Mormons can't marry more than one woman.

Catholic churches would have been forced to provide birth control but Obama being the smart guy that he is didn't make this a political firestorm. His compromise to have insurance companies provide it direct was because he didn't want to lose votes. It worked. He came out looking like the bigger man. Just like with the debt ceiling debates. You can't beat him.

Think about all the women who if the got pregnant, whether or not they would have an abortion or not, like having the right to decide.

I would guess 80% or more do not want their choice taken away. And so they should vote accordingly in November.
You do know that is not going to happen, right?

Or do you really think most folks are going to buy your bullshit?

I could ask you the very same question. Is the public going to buy your spin that this is an attack on religous freedom, or is this really an attack on women and their right to choose.

It depends on who's framing the message. And by the topic of this thread, seems like we are the ones controlling the narrative. This isn't about religous freedoms. This is about the religous right trying to force their beliefs into our society.

If your boss was a scientologist and they don't believe in chemotherapy, can he deny you that treatment if you get cancer?

He CAN decline to pay for it. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Think about all the women who if the got pregnant, whether or not they would have an abortion or not, like having the right to decide.

I would guess 80% or more do not want their choice taken away. And so they should vote accordingly in November.

I could ask you the very same question. Is the public going to buy your spin that this is an attack on religous freedom, or is this really an attack on women and their right to choose.

I never said it was either of those things.

So, your point?

... It depends on who's framing the message. And by the topic of this thread, seems like we are the ones controlling the narrative. This isn't about religous freedoms. This is about the religous right trying to force their beliefs into our society.

If your boss was a scientologist and they don't believe in chemotherapy, can he deny you that treatment if you get cancer?
Actually, as a resident of Virginia, I am pretty sure that the bill addresses the wishes of Virginians - that NO elective abortion will be done past a gestational age of 12 weeks and that NO Commonwealth funds will be used for any elective abortions.

I'm also pretty sure that the bill is not all that unusual compared to other jurisdictions.

... 'state mandated rape'...

:lmao:

Had a thing called, family dear.
Back then I worked for the Secretary of State of Illinois..was a keypunch operator. took it as a vocational course after school.
amazing how those things can work IF you put your heart and soul and Pride into it.
anything else you want to know?..lol

Good for you...

It shows that having a good family structure behind you can help support your baby. I imagine it was quite some time ago if you were a keypunch operator. Many young girls who got pregnant when you did were thrown out by their family. It was an embarrassment.

Can you imagine if your family wasn't there to support you? If you had to pay for the delivery, rent, food, a babysitter all on a keypunch operators salary?

Why are you so vindictive of young women who do not benefit from the same family support structure you had?

not vindictive dear...
I had to GROW up fast and learn the basics of what life is about.. and what caused my son was a good start... by the way he'll be 40 soon..damn I'm getting old.

No, we don't all have family. I know guys who don't have great parents and a brother like I do.

What you lack is empathy.

Good for you...

not vindictive dear...

No, we don't all have family. I know guys who don't have great parents and a brother like I do.

What you lack is empathy.

you have enough fake empathy for everyone.
now I'm off to bed, work early feeding the rug rats in the school..how's that for empathy..:lol:

not vindictive dear...

Not every girl who gets pregnant has a family firmly behind them like you did. Be honest Steph......could you have supported your son by yourself if you did not have your family behind you?

and why wouldn't I of? which they were there until I finished school then moved on my own.

So your answer is that you had a family to mooch off of when you got pregnant so you didn't have to go to the government.

Did you pay your family back for your mistake?

The silent protest was over bills that would define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions, and cut state aid to poor women seeking abortions................
Both chambers have passed legislation that would force women seeking abortions to first undergo an ultrasound examination to determine a gestational age for the fetus. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post

Three questions from the OP Link.

1) If Trans-vaginal Ultra-Sound is compared to Rape, what should Abortion itself be compared to?
2) Why can't normal Ultra-Sound that is noninvasive be used instead?
3) The Ultra-Sound is being used to determine the age of the Fetus right? To be clear on the age of the fetus in relation to laws governing what is legal and what is not, right? That is not a foul in my book.

I'm pro-Life, through Persuasion, not Mandate. Still, in all things there is fair play and there is foul play.

So your answer is that you had a family to mooch off of when you got pregnant so you didn't have to go to the government.

I lived with my mom till I finished school during the day and vocational school at night..then I got a job working for the Secretary of State..
AT LEAST I didn't mooch off you or the Taxpayers... now you all carry on. I have to WORK early..

Last edited:

So, your point?

... It depends on who's framing the message. And by the topic of this thread, seems like we are the ones controlling the narrative. This isn't about religous freedoms. This is about the religous right trying to force their beliefs into our society.

Actually, as a resident of Virginia, I am pretty sure that the bill addresses the wishes of Virginians - that NO elective abortion will be done past a gestational age of 12 weeks and that NO Commonwealth funds will be used for any elective abortions.

I'm also pretty sure that the bill is not all that unusual compared to other jurisdictions.

What is going on in Virginia and Michigan and other states that are controlled by Republicans are they are pushing a very radical right wing agenda. Socially and economically. Most people do not agree with the GOP on what they want to do with ss and medicare, tax breaks to the rich or abortion. Most people are pro choice.

But Michiganders didn't realize the GOP's agenda and we voted in Snyder and both state houses are under GOP control and they are pushing a very radical right wing agenda. Even anti union. In Michigan! That's a death wish. But they don't care. They'll push their agenda through and we probably won't have a big enough majority after November to undo it. But we will stop Snyder and his cronie capitalist buddies from doing any more damage.

Will the Dems have the votes to undo all the anti abortion legislation the GOP pushed through? _Probably not. But a lot of it will probably be challanged in the future.

You do realize you are sacraficing the 2012 elections to push through this anti abortion legislation, right? The GOP have attacked working people, hispanics, labor, and now women?

But will we be able to undo what you got passed with only a small majority?

And its not just abortion. Its also tax breaks to the rich. This must be the GOP's only hope. Stir up the religous right. Yea, that's what this is.

Realize you guys are a minority. A fringe group in your way of thinking. But the GOP cater to you because they need your vote. This is how they get you to vote for the rich when you youself are not rich. God gays and guns.

But the right has stirred up the liberal base. You think we showed up for Obama and the Dems in 2008? Wait and see. There is a very clear difference between your candidates and Obama. Now is for America to decide. We are going to wip your asses. Might even win Virginia. Isn't that a red state?

Anyways, here is some good information for you on what's going on in your state.

The Maddow Blog - Silent protest outside, Virginia House puts off ultrasound vote

LIS > Bill Tracking > HB462 > 2012 session

I lived with my mom till I finished school during the day and vocational school at night..then I got a job working for the Secretary of State..
AT LEAST I didn't mooch off you or the Taxpayers... now you all carry on. I have to WORK early..

What if the girl was 18 and had a full ride to Harvard or was going to be drafted in the WNBA. If she had the kid, her life would have turned out like yours. Medeocre. Underachiever. Don't blame your kids. You had them.

Some people want to be all they can be and having a kid might get in the way. Some people just don't want kids. They'll try not to get knocked up but if they do, they want to be able to get an abortion.

If they ban abortions, rich guys like GW Bush will still always have access to doctors that will perform the procedure. And poor women will do it with coat hangers.

We won this fight a long time ago. I can't believe the GOP have nothing other than religion. They can't attack Obama on the economy or foreign policy so its going to be god gays and guns for 2012! Pathetic!!

So, your point?

What is going on in Virginia and Michigan and other states that are controlled by Republicans are they are pushing a very radical right wing agenda. Socially and economically. Most people do not agree with the GOP on what they want to do with ss and medicare, tax breaks to the rich or abortion. Most people are pro choice.

But Michiganders didn't realize the GOP's agenda and we voted in Snyder and both state houses are under GOP control and they are pushing a very radical right wing agenda. Even anti union. In Michigan! That's a death wish. But they don't care. They'll push their agenda through and we probably won't have a big enough majority after November to undo it. But we will stop Snyder and his cronie capitalist buddies from doing any more damage.

Will the Dems have the votes to undo all the anti abortion legislation the GOP pushed through? _Probably not. But a lot of it will probably be challanged in the future.

You do realize you are sacraficing the 2012 elections to push through this anti abortion legislation, right? The GOP have attacked working people, hispanics, labor, and now women?

But will we be able to undo what you got passed with only a small majority?

And its not just abortion. Its also tax breaks to the rich. This must be the GOP's only hope. Stir up the religous right. Yea, that's what this is.

Realize you guys are a minority. A fringe group in your way of thinking. But the GOP cater to you because they need your vote. This is how they get you to vote for the rich when you youself are not rich. God gays and guns.

But the right has stirred up the liberal base. You think we showed up for Obama and the Dems in 2008? Wait and see. There is a very clear difference between your candidates and Obama. Now is for America to decide. We are going to wip your asses. Might even win Virginia. Isn't that a red state?

Anyways, here is some good information for you on what's going on in your state.

The Maddow Blog - Silent protest outside, Virginia House puts off ultrasound vote

LIS > Bill Tracking > HB462 > 2012 session
Thanks for the links, but I am quite up to date on what is going on in the Commonwealth.

Rachel Maddow isn't going to enlighten me much with her interpretation of what is going on in the Commonwealth. I prefer to actually LOOK at what is going on and decide for myself.

Thanks anyway.

What if the girl was 18 and had a full ride to Harvard or was going to be drafted in the WNBA. If she had the kid, her life would have turned out like yours. Medeocre. Underachiever. Don't blame your kids. You had them.

Some people want to be all they can be and having a kid might get in the way. Some people just don't want kids. They'll try not to get knocked up but if they do, they want to be able to get an abortion.

If they ban abortions, rich guys like GW Bush will still always have access to doctors that will perform the procedure. And poor women will do it with coat hangers.

We won this fight a long time ago. I can't believe the GOP have nothing other than religion. They can't attack Obama on the economy or foreign policy so its going to be god gays and guns for 2012! Pathetic!!

THen USE BIRTH CONTROL

why do you continually avoid that point? I've said it four times and you've ignored it 4 times.
Why do you continually av

THen USE BIRTH CONTROL

why do you continually avoid that point? I've said it four times and you've ignored it 4 times.
Why do you continually av

Pat Robertson McDonnell's "personhood" bill outlaws the Pill.

Pat Robertson McDonnell doesn't believe in birth control.

He said so in his Regent University thesis.

That's how extremist the Republican Party has become.

Educate yourself.

The silent protest was over bills that would define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions, and cut state aid to poor women seeking abortions................
Both chambers have passed legislation that would force women seeking abortions to first undergo an ultrasound examination to determine a gestational age for the fetus. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post

Three questions from the OP Link.

1) If Trans-vaginal Ultra-Sound is compared to Rape, what should Abortion itself be compared to?
2) Why can't normal Ultra-Sound that is noninvasive be used instead?
3) The Ultra-Sound is being used to determine the age of the Fetus right? To be clear on the age of the fetus in relation to laws governing what is legal and what is not, right? That is not a foul in my book.

I'm pro-Life, through Persuasion, not Mandate. Still, in all things there is fair play and there is foul play.

1. I am wondering that myself.
  2. It can, unless the pregnancy cannot be detected by a normal ultrasound and the patient doesn't want to wait a week.
  3. That is the justification behind the law. The interesting thing is that most doctors, including all Planned Parenthood clinics in Virginia, already use an ultrasound to verify the pregnancy before they do an abortion. This law would essentially mandate standard medical procedures, a lot like Obamacare.

What if that girl was actually able to handle all of that and be a mother and eventually raised a child that found a cure for cancer?

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

I love the way you throw out of context statistics around and expect people to believe you.

It's a logical fallacy.

And in chris' case, also a lie. He knows there is absolutely no connection...in fact, all the numbers point to the exact opposite...child abuse has increased with the incidence of abortion, therefore, abortion causes child abuse.

Not only is he a baby killer, he's a child abuser.

It's a logical fallacy.

And in chris' case, also a lie. He knows there is absolutely no connection...in fact, all the numbers point to the exact opposite...child abuse has increased with the incidence of abortion, therefore, abortion causes child abuse.

Not only is he a baby killer, he's a child abuser.

Now look who is having a logical fallacy......show the correlation between child abuse and abortion. Not just that both have increased

Forum List

Back